Tough Mudder New England

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by go2cnavy, Jan 22, 2013.

1. go2cnavy

go2cnavy Dont Worry Be Brappy

Oddometer:
  2. CO-or-bust

CO-or-bust Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Temporary: Jersey (long story...), Goal: 'rado
    Have been giving some serious thought to doing a MUDDER, and Mt. Snow seems like a great location, but the dates don't work out for me. I'm hoping to be out in Colorado on a monthlong trek --- ADV style :deal :lol3 :clap from mid August to mid September. Twisting an ankle a few days before I hit the road, and the mountains, and the dirt, does not sound like a bright idea for me.

Now, if I do the Boston Mudder, which does not have a specific location yet but is in May, I can have some time to let my old body recover in time for my Walk-about :lol3.

Best of luck!
    Brendan
    aka: "COorbust"
  3. heatmaker

heatmaker WWC FOUNDING MEMBER

Oddometer:
    Im doing the Boston Mudder this year. I did Mt Snow last year and it was my first. Get your legs ready for some hills!:D

MUDDER!!!
  4. Point37

Point37 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    did new england on mt. snow in 2011 and 2012...doing boston june 1st 2013 at gunstock this year...good times!!!

[​IMG]
  5. AndyCap

AndyCap Mineral Oil Anyone?

Oddometer:
    Not me. I wonder at the psychology of people that pay to be abused. They do everything they can to make this a painful experience, right down to electrifying hanging wires you have to run through at the end. If I were going to have someone do this kind of crap to me, I would have them pay me.

I understand the concept of survival, and over coming obstacles, but this is designed to inflict pain and misery, for no other reason than to do just that.

Have fun
  6. heatmaker

heatmaker WWC FOUNDING MEMBER

Oddometer:
    No quit!!!
  7. Point37

Point37 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    it's only 10,000 volts with low amperage, it won't kill you unless you have a pacemaker...not to mention you can skip any obstacle you want, if you're a pansy...but seeing some qtips out there mixing it up with you tells you that anyone can do it...i will say that 2011 mt snow was harder than 2012 mt snow due to the course and the colder weather...now that they have moved the mt snow event to august it should be even easier which is why i opted for boston this year...but if you never push yourself you'll never know how far you can go...get some!!!
  8. dirt hokie

dirt hokie Long timer

Oddometer:
    did the mid atlantic mudder last year at Mt. Pocono in PA. first mudder, i was a little scared going into it, lots of hype on the web site ect about how tough it is to just finish, well after completeing the event i was a little dissapointed. I was not in very good shape but aside from the 12 mile distance none of the obsticals were very hard for a moderatly in shape person. I jogged/ fast walked the course. If you can do 10 pull ups and can jog 3 miles you should be good to go. I am not saying it was easy, and i was sore as hell the next few days, but i was expecting there to be injured and exhausted people littering the course and only the toughest people making it.
    The elctro shock stiff does suck, but nothing to compare to the ice water dunk in 35 deg temps.

If you want to do it fast and quallify as a toughest mudder, you would have to be in super shape, but any average joe can finish it.
  9. Point37

Point37 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    i agree...the toughest part about the event on mt snow was the course on the mountain...running up and down steep hills...people were cramping up left and right...the obstacles were cake in comparison...and the cold weather contributed to making it tougher overall
  10. docgonzo

docgonzo Great Old Turtle

Oddometer:
    within 20 miles of the Center of the Universe
    The original idea of the Tough Mudder was created as a business exercise in graduate school by a couple of entrepreneurs. They thought they could get upwardly mobile (cash in hand) young adults who were stuck in cubicles in offices on Wall Street and beyond, to fork up cash to prove how tough they were in the real world.

A multi-million dollar enterprise was born.

I have a new business model. For just 50 bucks, I'll be glad to tie you to a tree in my backyard in the winter time, and see how long you can take it. Minimal clothing allowed. Cold water will be thrown on you intermittently. Stray animals will be allowed to pee on you and nibble at your ankles. Tazer darts will be shot at you if you last more then a few hours. Photos will be taken and posted on youtube, facebook, twitter, etc., so you can share your experience with others. As we know, if a tree falls in the forest, and there is no one around to hear the sound, does it really happen?

If you last the required 10 hours, you will get an orange headband as an award. And maybe a teeshirt depending on the revenue generated by this venture.

:rofl:rofl
  11. 8gv

8gv Long timer

Oddometer:
    I moved from the left side of my couch to the right. Does that count?