Neale Bayly Rides kinda sucks

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by guitarin, Jun 16, 2013.

1. Milosh

Milosh Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This.

Neale is a good guy.

But you have to have sympathy for the other characters and I just...don't.

I agree with the staging; some of it defied belief.

There's no way I'd put that woman on a F800GS after witnessing what happened on the dirt-bikes.
  2. kindofblue

kindofblue Ride it like you stole it

Oddometer:
    I couldn't agree more. The "drama" strikes me as pretty pathetic. I won't be watching any more either

3. seatec

seatec Dutch Transplant

Oddometer:
    Hey, the bills have to be paid and these people are not die hard off roaders. cut them some slack. All I am seeing is a couple of GS's tearing it up in Peru wishing I was one of them. Good enough for me.
  4. 74C5

74C5 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good example of "hey, here's some money to put me in your TV show, make it cool so that I can brag about my shit to others".
  5. murdock84

murdock84 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm only watching because it is Adventure type riding. I think the girl is on a F650GS. I think it has cast wheels and not the spoke wheels. Also I think they were trained at the camp with stock tires on their bikes. I noticed this looking at threads on here of people that were at Rawhyde and the BMW schools.
  6. corndog67

corndog67 Banned

Oddometer:
    They pay the actors/riders to be on the show. That dumb fuck Chumlee on Pawn Stars makes a reported $60k/episode. All for being a morbidly obese, mealy mouthed dumb ass, for every one to make fun of. Oh, almost forgot, he's an expert on video games and Nike shoes. A real example for your kids to emulate.

Those guys aren't on Neale Bayley's show because they ride well. They are there to dramatize everything.
  7. Andyvh1959

Andyvh1959 Cheesehead Klompen Supporter

Oddometer:
    Da frozen tundra eh? 1.5 mile west of Lambeau
    Not seen the show. But based on the comments here I'm not gonna see it either. There only "reality shows" worth watching in my book are the nature documentaries and science shows on NOVA, public tv.

Hey, but at least this isn't another dumb ass show about chopper ass-jewelry "bike builders" arguing about who is wasting time at the shop instead of welding up some gawd awful artistic waste of Snap-on hand tools to make another coporate motorcycle.

Manitowoc Crane is one of my accounts, and the Orange County Chopper they had built is no longer in the main building on display. Now its in a small downtown museum. What a waste of material and time.
  8. Mercury264

Mercury264 Once you go Triple...

Oddometer:
    Watching it now. Fuck me what a turd. Typical yuppie fucking wannabe's who see everything as a competition. Type A where the A stands for asshole. The chick in particular was fucking useless.

If I only had to watch Yank TV I'd fucking shoot my tv set too.
  9. CalGS

CalGS Adventurer

Oddometer:
    How did these people get chosen? THey are horrible actors and completely uninteresting.

Plus I'm so jealous! THey should have picked me!
  10. Racersteve

Racersteve Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm glad someone else noticed the tires. That told me all I needed to know about BMW and the host of the show. If rubber compound was enough to get through sand, the top off road racers would not use knobbies, either in MX, desert, Baja or enduros. We were taken be the Ducati and R6 ownership by the doctor, and her obvious inability to ride a motorcycle. Toy gathering? The three riders had a difficult time on CR150R bikes, light and gutless, yet were put on bikes weighing three times, having 4 times more power, in a foreign country on difficult terrain, with too short of training. Ths show is NOTHING like Long Way Round or Down. I expect the "show" won't let them get seriously hurt, but it really needed three experienced riders, and let the benefits of Peru shine through.
  11. Bill Harris

Bill Harris Confirmed Curmudgeon

Oddometer:
    When Broadcast TV went digital? That was the best solution.
  12. Mercury264

Mercury264 Once you go Triple...

Oddometer:
    Don't forget the 'nutritionist' who is accompanying them....dear fucking Lord :rolleyes

I also find out at the end they aren't actually riding to Peru, they are flying there - fuck me what's the point.

I'm sure Neale Bayly is cringing inside because of the shit he has to do to make some dough.
  13. wb5plj

wb5plj Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I had never heard of this until just reading this thread this morning. I googled it and saw a youtube clip which was apparently an intro done for the show. it strikes me like a reality tv show. like survivors on bikes. "Oh it is so hard and tough" slow down, learn to ride differently, take a different tact. what ever.

Oh and there is a girl! doesn't sound like marketing demographic. I bet that show is put together like a formula band (boy band).

I dislike that everything these days must be turned into a competition. "Im going to make the decision to put you in the truck" competition competition competition. Doesn't anyone ride for fun? can't it be enjoyable.

no thanks.
  14. Reverend12

Reverend12 Well there it is..

Oddometer:
    Can't none of them fuckers ride worth a shit either...
  15. DR Donk

DR Donk Long timer

Oddometer:
    I watched it this past weekend. I would like more riding, less drama and group therapy.
  16. erkmania

erkmania I Remain Undeturd

Oddometer:
    I wish we could just watch Neale and like-skilled rider rip it up on 1200's; well, to the extent that one can rip on a GS12. :D

Neale looks to be the real deal (off-roader persona) and a great rider. If they would only ride like we've done in Baja: rip it up, stop, meet some locals, have a beer then remount to rip it up again. I'd love THAT show. :thumb
  17. cardoctor1

cardoctor1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    not sure what's the age the blonde dr but she looked pretty damn good in a bikini for her age. rich, can ride on 2 wheel and take her lumps . nice:lol3:lol3
  18. live2ridetahoe

live2ridetahoe BSN, RN, CEN, TCRN, CTRN Supporter

Oddometer:
    It's an eight day trip that covers probably a thousand miles. I think they'll last for that long.

The first thing i noticed was that the bikes had street tires. Yeah, that'll be fun in the sand. They were complaining about the sand and dust in their eyes. I guess no one brought goggles for riding in the desert?

I am really disappointed with the show. I was wondering how long it would take before Dr. Tits got into a bathing suit. Looks like an episode and a half.

Btw, did you see the vehicles in her garage!! Holy shit. She has a Ferrari on a lift with another car parked under it, a Ducati, and some other nice toys.

I'll still watch it even tho its cheesy. Maybe it will open up the doors for other shows.

JG
  19. live2ridetahoe

Oddometer:
    You mean the guy who has the large bag of candy and snacks.

JG
  20. live2ridetahoe

Oddometer:
    Me too!

JG