Hotrodding the GS

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by Poolside, Nov 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Codewheeney

Codewheeney Callipygian Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Any ETA on pre-ordering the Cool yet? I'm willing to sit in line like an Apple Fan-Boy
  2. rickrwh

rickrwh Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    +1 :clap
  3. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    You guys are the best! Seriously. Well, I'm meeting with a guy on Thursday evening to talk about things related to that. So we'll see. I'm looking forward to the next generation!

p.s.: I just saw your caption, CW. Hoopy frood indeed!

<BR>
  4. SeeRace

SeeRace Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Have to say I am real happy with my IICE on my 06 GS. Maybe it is weight difference, but it seems as fast as my 2012 GSA that is supposed to have 10 more hp. I am in the market for another IICE for the GSA in case one comes available.
  5. jadoca

jadoca Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Will the IICE Air plug into and work on the new LC GS?
  6. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    You know, I don't know. I would say that there's a better than even chance that BMW used the same type of Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor on the new GS. There is a possibility the IICE Air may not work in it's current configuration, but the effect of lowering the intake air temp sensor output will have the same effect.

It's possible the connectors on the new bike might be different. Or the sensors might be integrated with another sensor. Like maybe the IAT sensor physically integrated with a Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor, or a Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor.

I'm sure I'll give the electronics on the new Wethead a good going over before too long. Then we'll have a better idea.

<BR>
  7. Jorik

Jorik Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi,

Could ECU (BMS-K on R1200 2010-12 O2 sensors connected) correct temperature shifting wich IICE Air does after few times due to its adaptation ability?

BR
  8. TBob

TBob Offroad Fab Guy

Oddometer:
    Hi Jim,
    I've got an 09 GSA and have put a booster plug in it which really didn't do much. I see you have several products which one/ones do i need to get to get my bike running better? Oh, only mod on it is a uni filter and the booster - thing runs lean as shit, big dead spot off of idle and surges on the freeway.
    Thanks,
    TBob

9. 65SlashTwo

65SlashTwo Da Pigu Supporter

Oddometer:
    OK guys,
    Trying to pre-order IICE Air with PayPal and:
    Your item(s) sold out
    We're sorry, the following item(s) isn't available at this time:
    IICE Air 30 Piece Sale - Pre-Order! - No Cancellations or Refunds - Build starts after 30 pieces are pre-ordered.

How do I pre-order to get build going if I can't pay?:huh

Slash
  10. ADVMAC

ADVMAC Handsome adventurer

Oddometer:
    How is the dec. 7 th:evil batch going ?
  11. (I^2)R/746

(I^2)R/746 Rider

Oddometer:
    On order since October. Wondering if I'll ever get the darned thing at this rate.
  12. Ayrshire Bull

Ayrshire Bull why the hell not?

Oddometer:
    October ? - meh.

try August :eek1

Come on JJ and Poolside; please ..... the troops are getting restless
  13. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    Hey there, Bob. Though some folks have reported surging improvement with the IICE Air/Booster Plug type of product, the IICE Smooth would the thing for surging. JJ and I are working on that. But as you know these IICE Airs are first in line.

<BR>
  14. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    Hello there, Jorik. A few people have asked me that question recently. As an initial reply, can I start with this question? Have you been reading things on the internet, and now it has you concerned about something?

<BR>
  15. Jorik

Jorik Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello Poolside,

I've made my own temperature shifter (more simple then IICE Air, non-switchable and not so perfect temp. curve). Still not use it due to weather condition. When I started make this device I already had doubt over ECU adaptation. The internet made that doubt weightier :).
    Could you clarify this, please.

BR
  16. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    I think so, yes. There is some empirical information that might help. The thing is, many thousands of these type of devices have been sold. And if they stopped working after a while we all would have heard about it.

Something else to know is that the ECU has both a barometric sensor and a temperature sensor. That means the ECU knows the density of the air to a very high degree of accuracy. The air density figure is the primary datum.

<BR>
  17. Jorik

Jorik Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It's clear now. Thanks!
  18. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    Sure MAC, here you go. These and many other informative links are in the first post pf this thread.

Installation of IICE Air on R1100/R1150 (Thanks to kandersn)
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=18272500#post18272500

Installation of IICE Air on R1200 (Thanks to Geoffster and bracky72 and Wallowa)
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16317774#post16317774
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=18401396#post18401396
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=18483559#post18483559

Installation of IICE Air on F650/F800 Twins (Thanks to DidYouSeeThat)
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=17433341#post17433341
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=17433382#post17433382

<BR>
  19. Qben

Qben Q

Oddometer:
    How would your mods interact with Lenny's Rocket Sprockets? I know the mechanism of action is totally different, but would the combination add to or detract from the performance of one or the other when used individually?

I searched this thread and the forum and came up with nothing, so maybe its a dumb question that no one else was ever curious about.
  20. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    I don't think it has been, or if it has I don't remember. No matter either way. To your question, I don't know that they would interact, because as you point out they are very different products.

I think you probably understand that the IICE Air causes the ECU to inject more fuel during Open Loop operation. Either a little or a lot, depending on how you adjust it, and to work with our upcoming products.

The increased ratio is based on air density calculations, which are based on the Intake Air Temperature.

The fuel/air ratio isn't directly related to cam timing. Though I suppose you could say that since the dwell time of the injected liquid fuel on the port wall, and the intake port pressure, are both affected by the cam timing, there is an indirect relationship. But any effect is not specifically relevant because the mixture is amortized say over sequential combustion cycles.

It's like if you put a nickel in your pocket, then you take a nickel out of your pocket. The net effect is the result of both actions, not just one. The analogy is that all the fuel injected into the port gets into the motor, and is burned during a combustion cycle. Nickel in, nickel out. These are ongoing sequential events, not singular events.

I don't know if that explains or confuses the issue for you. Heh heh.

<BR>
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.