I was in OZ 22 years ago

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Springs, Jul 8, 2007.

1. SteveRed

SteveRed Adventure Moto

Oddometer:
    Well mate you can email me or PM me any time for help or advice. If you are flying into Sydney I will come get you from the airport. Looking forward to seeing you over here.

Steve
  2. SteveRed

SteveRed Adventure Moto

Oddometer:
    The guy for maps and GPS in Sydney is Brian or Burnie from GPSOZ... They have a great 'trail' map program for the Zumo for OZ as well.
  3. GTinAus

GTinAus nutsplitter

Oddometer:
    FAUI became NASDS which merged with SSI (Scuba Schools International) in 1999, and is now called SSI.

If you want to dive in Australia, nobody will reconizes FAUI qualifications anymore, however I believe SSI has some of the records, and will issue a new card (if they have the information).

Try here for more information http://www.ssidiving.com/cms/index.php?module=ContentExpress&func=display&ceid=1&bid=18&btitle=Menu&meid=1
  4. Springs

Springs Shipping Wars

Oddometer:
    Thanks Andrew,
    We will look you up when getting your way! Had a great time in Freemantle, it was just before the Americas Cup. Had a friend take me on a pub crawl and a couple unscheduled :evil stops on the way home!!!!:lol3
    Memeorable!!!
  5. Eaglebeak

Eaglebeak All roads rider, West Oz.

Oddometer:
    Winning and then losing the Cup straight away was the best thing that happened to Freo. All the old "dero's" pubs got tarted up and a few more coffee shops and Taverns opened. Everybody thought they'd make a killing from all the tourists.
    In the end we mostly had people from Perth's northern and eastern suburbs come down to watch. Those that had hardly ever been to Fremantle. The massive influx of overseas tourists predicted to come and see the Cup racing didn't eventuate.
    The locals got left with some great "new" pubs :freaky and no big crowds :thumb

...and eventually, after a small stint in prison, Bondy pissed off back to the UK, never to rape and pillage the savings of Mum and Dad investors again.

A win all 'round for WA I reckon.
  6. DonQx

DonQx Slow & enjoying it

Oddometer:
    Good to see you are safety conscious ... wearing orange colours on jacket & helmet ...

That's a mean looking son of yours! ... fed him too much in his early years? ...

;-) a.
  7. Springs

Springs Shipping Wars

Oddometer:
    Yea, wanted him to be tuff so we got him on the ice at 5 years old he played compeitive hockey ever since, a defensemen! I figured if I was gonna teach him to ride and travel with me he better have some good skills. HA, we also poked him with sharp sticks alot when he was young:lol3
    With all the cages around here orange is a good idea, these dips shits try their best to take you out on a daily basis!
    I remember telling Danno when he was about 12 and constantly beatin up all his buddies, you don't have to beat them up, you just have to know you can. They will sense this and fall in line!!!! He listened!:deal
  8. SteveRed

SteveRed Adventure Moto

Oddometer:
    So what's happening Springs? You still hatching a plan to ride in OZ??
  9. Springs

Springs Shipping Wars

Oddometer:
    We have been working on getting the kids leg back and a major house remodel, which will have to get done before my wife breaks my legs:lol3
    In my sleep of course cause I'm tuffer than she is so she'd have to sneak up on me while I was out cold!
    No we have not put much into this as of late. Not that we are out just looks like it's gonna be longer! thanks for asking and I'll keep in touch.
    Mean time if anyone your way is coming up to Seattle I'm hear and have beer and food!
    Tools, a couch and plenty of advise!!!!
    Great news, my oldest son is leaving Iraq in 20 days after his first tour of 8 months. We miss him and look forward to spending Christmas with him back at home safe!

175304575-S.jpg
  10. Matt

Matt Dirt Virgin

Oddometer:
    "Great news, my oldest son is leaving Iraq in 20 days after his first tour of 8 months. We miss him and look forward to spending Christmas with him back at home safe!"

Glad to hear you are still planning your trip.:D

Even happier to hear your son will be home for Chrissy. :beer

I don't support our politicians stance on some of these extended OS holidays they give our troops, but I have nothing but the utmost respect and gratitude for these men and women ( and their families).

They, not our politicians are poeple to be proud of.
  11. SteveRed

SteveRed Adventure Moto

Oddometer:
    Good news your son is returning home. I will be visiting the US for a ride one of these days mate. WE'll see who gets over the pond first :lol3
  12. Shmerel

Shmerel

Oddometer:
    all right, all right, then.
    springs, when passing by Melbourne (Caulfield, a wonderful inner suburb where the nicest peple live), do pop in for a cuppa. we've always got time for another. :wave
    just pm me ahead.
    Gad

and nev, so where's this beer nite?
  13. Springs

Springs Shipping Wars

Oddometer:
    Here is the latest addtion to garage! It's a blast to ride and only has 4115 miles on it. Believe it or not this is a 2007 XL 1200 L Sporster turned into 50's Bobber by the previous owner!
    Not even a year old!
    I have been having fun riding it and my son Danno has been sleepless since it found it's way to our place!
    I had bought him a 1995 1200 C a couple years ago but sold it when some guy offered me twice what I paid for it! He hasn't been the same since!:lol3
    Anyway thought you all would appreciate this fine adventure bike!! It's an adventure ever time you take it out!
    [​IMG]
  14. Springs

Springs Shipping Wars

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    check this out and be sure to stop by Engel's Pub in EDmonds WA. when you are here!
    Here is a great night we just had with Simon and Lisa Thomas. They will be coming to Australia one day soon they have been at it for 4 years and have at least 4 more planned.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213662&page=34

You'll find a link to their web site in here towards the end of this thread check it out.
    Great people and lots of fun to be with!