1150 Dash

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by Spaggy, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Spaggy

Spaggy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Does anybody have any ideas about making a dash for the 1150GS to go above the instruments. Looking for a more permanent mounting solution for the GPS and radar detector mounts. I have a Aeroflow on as well.
    Thanks
  2. Mr. Canoehead

Mr. Canoehead Taste Gunnels!

Oddometer:
    Calgary, dreaming of riding the Alps, again
    There's this: http://www.ascycles.com/detail.aspx?ID=43427 not sure how it would work with the Aeroflow; that screen comes up pretty tight to the instruments.

Actually, on second thought, you probably want this: http://www.ascycles.com/detail.aspx?ID=43426 because the Aeroflow uses GS hardware rather than GSA hardware.

I use a Migsel mount on the speedo and it works great for my GPS but room is pretty tight. This isn't mine but you get the idea:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  3. HTSRocker

HTSRocker Long timer

Oddometer:
  4. WhiteShark

WhiteShark Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  5. Spaggy

Spaggy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Canoehead
    Those shelves from Ascycles are just what I'm looking for. I'd like to see more pics of how they're mounted if anybody has some. Being a frugal individual with some time on my hands, I'd like to make one.
  6. Ravenslair

Ravenslair Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Mr. Canoehead and HTSRocker. How do you guys like the Migsel mount? I have been looking at that one for a few weeks but have not pulled the trigger. I would love to make my own, but will likely just get that one. Do you get any excessive vibrations?
  7. Snowbound

Snowbound Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have the shelf from A&S . It holds my radar detector and antenna . Detector was moved to the left side because I kept hitting the starter with my arm . My 376 is on a TT mount on the left side of the handlebar by the mirror mount . Works for me , As I spend a lot of time off pavement .
  8. mcstark

mcstark Living brappy...

Oddometer:
    I've had a Migsel for the last two years and ridden some undulating terrain. My GPS has never moved - unless I adjusted it - and it's crystal clear with no vibrations even at speeds well above the posted limit. :rolleyes
  9. Ron from BC

Ron from BC Long timer

Oddometer:
    I must have been doing something wrong as when I had the Migsel mounted last year I found that, over time and terrain, it started to sag down and once it's loose it just gets more loose.

It's a great idea and build and a perfect spot for the GPS. I really reefed on the butterfly fastener on the ram arm without success. Only happened on gravel roads/washboards etc.

I have the Zumo 450 (which isn't light) and the ram arm was a short one.

I've kept the Migsel mounted for 'future development' as it's so darned tempting for anything. Sort of like those GMT Moto Light stalks that replace part of your signal stalks so you can put an aux light above the indicator light.
  10. Mr. Canoehead

Oddometer:
    Mine doesn't move at all. I have a 660 and it is a great location. There isn't much room with the Aeroflow and the Migsel mount fits great. I tried a bunch of different locations on the GSA for the GPS, and that is by far the best place for it.

I have a set of the GMT mounts, too. :D

Send from my Droid using Tapatalk
  11. Spaggy

Spaggy Long timer

Oddometer:
    How is that Migsel mount attached to the instrument panel?
  12. Mr. Canoehead

Oddometer:
    It is a ring that is held in by the speedo. You pull the speedo out and put the mount between the speedo and the dash. Ingenious.

Send from my Droid using Tapatalk