NY motorcyclists vs. SUV Merged Threadfest

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by shipwrek12001, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Andyvh1959

Andyvh1959 Cheesehead Klompen Supporter

Oddometer:
    Da frozen tundra eh? 1.5 mile west of Lambeau
    my first impression? what are these dick-head bikers doing ALL over the road and lanes? From a car driver's perspective, the bikes are all over the lanes, crossing lanes all over the place, three to four bikes per lane, bikes crowding the cars, my initial thought was these are a bunch of little boys on bicycles with no regard for other road users.

Drivers in Sri Lanka, or Bangkok or Caracas may be accustomed to this kind of traffic, but not US drivers. Two bikes side by side per lane, in your own lane is at most reasonable in tight traffic. Its confusing for car drivers with bikes swarming all around them, so something like what happened is a result of it.

You ride like dick-heads you better be ready to answer for it.

That said, the SUV driver was wrong to leave the scene, but given the numbers can you blame them? The end was flat out assault/battery.
  2. DAKEZ

DAKEZ Long timer

Oddometer:
    Right of Weight. It Is and has always been the rule of the road to live by.

This was caused and is the fault of some of the arrogant pissant riders.

The guy that broke out the window would be dead if he did that to just about anyone I know. That is easily an imminent defense of life scenario.
  3. DAKEZ

DAKEZ Long timer

Oddometer:
    Right of Weight. It Is and has always been the rule of the road to live by.

This was caused and is the fault of some of the arrogant pissant riders.

The guy that broke out the window would be dead if he did that to just about anyone I know. That is easily an imminent defense of life scenario.
  4. khager

khager Long timer

Oddometer:

That would have been the best option. Also I wonder if anyone in the SUV had called 911? Seems like it went on, an awfully long time with no PO PO's present. I also wonder why they singled him out? Did something happen before the camera started rolling?
  5. Robert OK

Robert OK Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well. at least the driver survived, if he had killed the guy who broke the window, I doubt it. If the SUV driver can carry, so can the guys on the bikes. Considering the level of animosity and the broken limbs and bikes involved, I'm surprised the SUV driver escaped with as little "reported" damage as he did.
  6. njd

njd Long timer

Oddometer:
    This is why I don't ride with any of you morons. :freaky

Seriously though. If you ride with people willing to brake check an SUV, stop traffic on a the Henry Hudson Pkwy, chase down Range Rover at high speeds (whilst running red lights)....all while recording everything on camera, then you're a fucking moron.
  7. ET-VT

ET-VT Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This article makes it sound like he'd already called 911 before the video starts. Maybe he gestured to them that he was calling the police? It also says that someone slashed his tires at the beginning of the video and he was forced to exit due to the deflating tire.
  8. JDK111

JDK111 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Such negativity shown here:evil ....... let's look at the bright side of this incident.
    With all the publicity these assholes are receiving --- the next time one of these rolling gangs starts to fuck with a 4 wheeler, the driver getting fucked with is going to be A LOT less likely to put up with their bullshit and just keep going :D
  9. Ayedoc

Ayedoc Adventurer

Oddometer:
    There have been threads on this forum regarding the police in New York harassing motorcyclists with roadblocks, roadside safety checks, etc. If this is how motorcyclists behave in NYC, then such practices are a little more understandable.
  10. Robert OK

Oddometer:
    As long as they can distinguish between "rolling gangs" and the innocent solo rider (me).

I drive that stretch at least twice a week and all I need is more arrogant SUV drivers. Judging by the present state of affairs (level of driving competence in NYC) I'm not optimistic about them bothering to make that distinction.
  11. njd

njd Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm surprised he saw the 250 bikers. Usually takes 251 before they notice.
  12. Robert OK

Oddometer:
  13. walkergreenlabel

walkergreenlabel Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    is the mob of d-bag bikers. its people riding like that that has cagers targeting 2 wheels.
  14. DAKEZ

DAKEZ Long timer

Oddometer:
  15. Vulfy

Vulfy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thats NOT how motorcyclists in NYC behave. This is just a hooligan meeting that can happen anywhere and there are plenty of YouTube videos of similar behavior in other states and cities. This is exactly the reason why I hate when something like this happens. People are instantly drawn to the negative and start to generalize.

THIS IS NOT A REPRESENTATION OF NYC MOTORCYCLISTS.
  16. ragtoplvr

ragtoplvr Long timer

Oddometer:
    except they will pass a bunch of unneeded laws a criminalize sensible things like standing on the pegs, stretching, etc, with unintended consequences.

Rod
  17. DudeClone

DudeClone Long timer

Oddometer:
    sounds to me like Lien and family need some motorcycles

might keep dad off the cell phone while he is driving :D
  18. Maggot12

Maggot12 U'mmmm yeaah!!

Oddometer:
    There's a large chat in jo mama going on right now. Seems like the more info coming out is not going well for the ryderz....

This was not a charity ride, just hundreds of hooligans planning to run the streets of NY city for fun.
  19. GlennR

GlennR Chasin' my tail

Oddometer:
    I wonder how the gang is going to try and justify the way they surrounded the SUV? From what we could see the SUV driver was the victim.

I'm sure the driver was scared as shit. He had to have thought at least some of the bikers were armed. It would have been a terrifying experience for him.
  20. khager

khager Long timer

Oddometer:

Maybe they were retaliating! Much in the same way that a terrorist picks out innocent women and children. They can't take the police (enemy) head on any more than a group of jihadist's can take on the U.S. Airforce so maybe this is their answer. Just thinking out loud here! I think M/C's are harassed quite a bit in NYC, and I can see it's fixing to get a lot worse, and unfortunately it is the innocent M/C's who will suffer the most., because of these hooligans