2013 ama supercross

Discussion in 'Racing' started by ADK, Sep 12, 2012.

1. knybanjo

knybanjo kinda slow

Oddometer:
    He sure did overcome some bad luck earlier in the night....I'd say running away with a win in the main after having to go through the lcq is quite a comeback! :thumb
  2. RustySpokes

RustySpokes Ordinary average guy

Oddometer:
    This is turning out to be a great season! As Ricky C would say, it don't get no better than this! :lol3
  3. Grreatdog

Grreatdog Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    The last two years brought me back as fan. I saw some of the very first Supercross races and was hooked. Then the periods of one rider domination caused me to lose interest. But the last two years have been the most fun since watching Hannah in Atlanta and Orlando. This year looks to be just as good. Great racing even if the time slot is hell for the east coast.
  4. skwidd

skwidd where does this lead?

Oddometer:

A heavier duty mountain bike shock? :lol3
  5. Pantah

Pantah Jiggy Dog Fan Supporter

Oddometer:
    Bravo RD5 and JS7 is going to be tough if he can heal. Has Reed been any good since he had that sky shot? :ear Seems a bit crazed out there lately.
  6. brents347

brents347 Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer:

I am admittedly one of those naysayers. I wrote off Millsaps career as a 5-10 guy when he left Team Honda. I NEVER expected this. I am a total Dungey fan boi, but when they were close last night I was actually rooting for Millsaps to make a pass for the lead!

It was a great race for me. I had my boy Dungey and two underdogs chasing him (I'm a root for the underdog kinda guy) until Barcia went and screwed it up!
  7. enduro0125

enduro0125 Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer:
    Reed silently worked up from the third turn crash to get fifth.

He ain't washed up yet.

Getting a good start is so important this year. :deal
  8. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    Well Reed is consistent. First right hander after the start, gets out of shape, takes a few with him.

He's not my fave rider for sure, but damn, he sure is not making things happen out there.

Shorty bags another sixth. Well done on a pretty stock bike.

KDub in the booth, here's hoping he does well. :thumb
  9. JeffS77

JeffS77 cheap bastard

Oddometer:

yup and Reed is messing the start up for everyone :lol3 j/k
  10. nachtflug

nachtflug I'm not going to talk about that.

Oddometer:
    wow 450 LCQ. never seen a pile up bring the entire pack to a dead stop like that.

they showed a replay of Tomac limping off the track last weekend and you could see Erin Bates starting to ask him something and you could see he just raised his hand a little as if to say not now. that girl looks great in a swimsuit but she's still fairly clueless. the guy loses it in the whoops and basically runs himself over, do you need to ask what happened? fucking duh.

Roczen beat Tomac fair and square. finally. the story on Baggett is now out.

what has become of Josh Hill and Josh "dipshit" Hansen?
  11. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    Stewarts helmet cam from last weekend when Reed took them all out was pretty wild, gave a better perspective of just how fast things happened. Stewart is talking the talk he isn't making excuses and says his knee is fine. that jersey of his with the 7 worked into the graphic design is really cool. can'ty imagine why they don't sell replica jerseys, Dungeys was pretty sweet too with all the add on sponsors. speaking of which it looks like the 250 Honda riders are still obligated to go in front of the camera with Muscle Milk? Davalos really seemed to be chugging his Monster Energy but they also do canned water I wonder if it was ME water or energy drink?

that miss SX is a real doll and good in front of the camera. not intimidated at all. reminds me of the girl from Big Bang Theory totally california. sure were some stacked LCQ's, next weekend San Diego and then Gordy and I will do Dallas. they better have that roof closed and it better be warm as toast in there..
  12. PeteN95

PeteN95 Long timer

Oddometer:
    +1, in both mains it was obvious as passing was difficult. Reed has been pretty consistent, better than Dungey till last week, but RD was impressive! Reed needs to stop trying to win it in the first or second turn. Millsaps is the real deal, the way he battled JS and is just consistantly fast. With a 14 point lead, he is going to be hard to catch now if he doesn't choke.
  13. Lappeman

Lappeman He's Down Again!

Oddometer:
    You're right there...you know what they say...you can't win the race in the first turn but you can sure loose it! I hope Dungey can string some good finishes together now. I expected Canard to be up there...where'd he go. Good racing so far and everyone's staying healthy...maybe we'll see one of the best Supercross seasons this year! So far, so good!
  14. enduro0125

enduro0125 Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer:
    Replay on SPEED @2:30 -6:00 est.
  15. Ron_Ces

Ron_Ces Aging Hacker

Oddometer:
    Time for a DVR. Watch it on your terms.
    Ron
  16. okiegtrider

okiegtrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    A question for you guys here. Wife and I are road racing fans, but have been enjoying the last three seasons of Supercross. We admittedly aren't all up to speed on all the rules.

After seeing that LCQ second corner pile up, she asked me why they didn't red flag the race at that point? Of course I had to say, I don't know. I don't remember seeing any supercross races red flagged. Lots of crashes, lots of yellow flags, but no red in recent memory.

So, under what circumstance might they red flag the race? If shutting down the whole field in in one corner isn't it, what is?
  17. knybanjo

knybanjo kinda slow

Oddometer:
    They were uploaded to youtube almost immediately....I watched them first thing this morning, at work. :D
  18. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    good question. my guess is that if everyone is "ok" and nobody is down and incapacitated they won't red flag it. I'd be willing to bet 10 seconds after it happened practically everyone was either off the track or back on the bike and running but again I've never seen an entire gate come to a full stop. very weird. red flags seem to be more for when someone is down and not moving.
  19. JeffS77

JeffS77 cheap bastard

Oddometer:
    Last restart I can think of was Canards accident last season at Dodgers Stadium...then there was the weird single file restart in the lites at Indy in '11 I think.
  20. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    There was the red flag last year (or the year before) when I think someone crashed. The riders, announcers,etc... had never experienced it before so it's exceedingly rare. It was a single file restart. Strange.