2011 990r

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by mrfandangle, Jan 19, 2013.

1. mrfandangle

mrfandangle Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Picking it up next weekend weather permitting. Ooooooooooo yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
  2. 68deluxe

68deluxe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Congrats. Pics after you get the bike.
  3. mrfandangle

mrfandangle Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Will do bud. Test rode a 2012 990 yesterday but couldnt quite strech to what they wanted, so seen this one on e bay phoned they guy up had a chat. Then I walked the dogs had a beer whilst I decided what to do n phoned him back saying I want it. FSH with 11k on the clock, should be good I hope. Just hope it warms up before I pick it up as its over 4hrs up the road n its -1C at the mo with snow inbound for today. Brrrrrrrrrrrr
  4. Wilmo

Wilmo Orange Fever

Oddometer:
    Just run in! The 11 is exactly the same as the 12 sans paint jobs.....congrats, they are an awesome machine.
  5. Cuse

Cuse Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Awesome purchase!!!
  6. mrfandangle

mrfandangle Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks guys, just keeping an eye on the weather now....
  7. mrfandangle

mrfandangle Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Picked it up a month or two ago now, and have been getting used to it. Rode it home in freezing conditions, the ice (?) warning light being on for my 4 hr journey, snow showers etc. First impressions are wow, wow and wow!! Sounds superb (WINGS) and handles better on the road than something with a 21 inch front wheel should (Better now I have sorted the suspension out front preload was set differently on each fork). Not done much long distance work on it yet but cant wait. I have scratched, commuted, green lane'd it and done a camping weekend, all passed with flying colours. Its not as difficult to work on as some would have you believe. Cant wait for the summer to begin, bring it on!!

[​IMG][​IMG]
  8. Deviant666

Deviant666 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Gratz on the new ride...you look like a big fellow may I ask your height and weight cause you might be looking for the first expenditure in new fork springs...
  9. mrfandangle

mrfandangle Adventurer

Oddometer:
    :roflDude!!!!!!! Not that big mate, was bloody freezing so had all my kit on under my riding gear................... I am 5'10/5'11 and about 13 1/2 stone.