confused

Discussion in 'Trials' started by blakken, Dec 21, 2012.

1. blakken

blakken dirt napper

Oddometer:
    hi!
    i am a adventure rider.
    i have 990 adventure and 690 enduro.

now i thinking off replace my 690 with a liter bike .
    I like the freeride 350 alot "wife have one".

but if you compare it to a real trail, what is better for a nowise.....
    i will still ride trails butt more "off trail".

what trail bikes have some seat? street legal trail bike?

thanks
  2. wilkinsonk

wilkinsonk soup de grimace

Oddometer:
    Free advice:

Steer clear of the trials bike and get a Husaberg TE300 or TE250. Buy a trials bike for doing trials and a 2T enduro bike if you want to trail ride and do some "trials-like" obstacles.
  3. DerViking

DerViking Shred

Oddometer:
    Plus 1 Good advice.
    A KTM 250EXC is 230lbs ready to rock, it will feel like a toy compared to what you are riding now. But get it on trail, and holy shit! Lots of power, amazing build quality, hella hot on the top end, with Trialsable torque, especially geared down. I ran a trials tire on mine some, made playing in the rocks a hoot. Very durable machines, with ubiquitous parts support.

That said; a trials bike can be a blast on trail. The build quality, and the overall design focus on weight and size make for an expensive keeper as a trail machine. For truly foul trail, where you wouldn't take a big bike by choice, they do pretty well, as speeds are low, and you aren't pounding the suspension. High speed stuff is hard on them.

I still recommend that anyone thinking about a trials bike, should buy one. Trials applies to anything with Two wheels, and will improve your riding across the board.
  4. High Country Herb

High Country Herb Adventure Connoiseur

Oddometer:
    There are some trials bikes that have seats. Most of the older ones do, such as the Honda Reflex.
  5. Twin-shocker

Twin-shocker Long timer

Oddometer:
    A trials bike will go places you wouldnt want to on an enduro bike, very easily. However not a lot of use for trail riding, as very little fuel capacity and no seat to speak of. You can get kits to increase fuel capacity and provide a more suitable seat, but if you are after something more agile without going to the expense of converting a modern bike, something like an old TS Honda or TY will work pretty well, and probably cost about the same as the conversion kit for a modern.
  6. blakken

blakken dirt napper

Oddometer:
    Ok!
    What you think about the ktm freeride?
    Can it be a good start for a trial wannabe.

Skickat från min GT-I9300 via Tapatalk 2
  7. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    I think a KTM Freeride would be lots of fun. Don't think they are available in the states yet. I've got a 350 XCFW which I love, but it gets a little heavy and cumbersome in trials type terrain.
  8. jonnyc21

jonnyc21 Trials Ninja

Oddometer:
    If you want trail riding and a trials type ride I would try and find a gas gas pampara, if you think you want to ride trials I would get a trials bike used and commit to giving it some time and see if you like it. Just my 2 cents.

But if you really think you want both, I for a time was there, you could consider the gas gas rondone.