2013 ama supercross

Discussion in 'Racing' started by ADK, Sep 12, 2012.

1. skwidd

skwidd where does this lead?

Oddometer:

He was on orange 2 seasons ago, and did not do well.
  2. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    If he was, I do not think he could have passed any sort of test for concussion.

I have no problem with what you think you would have done as the father or as an official in that situation.

I just do not think it is possible for you to determine the extent of his condition from watching on TV. No one could possibly diagnose his condition without being there, and actively participating in his evaluation.

Asterisk is saying he did not have a concussion or any signs of injury aside from being sore. You are saying, "I watched it on TV and I know better."

Hence all of my laughter emoticons.
  3. okiegtrider

okiegtrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Meanwhile, back in racing...

I had a great time in Dallas yesterday. Took my 14 year old down there who enjoyed the day as well. Was the first time for us to attend a Super-cross. What a show they put on! Great experience, especially for my kid.

Cowboy stadium is impressive. First class facility, the place is super clean, parking not a complete nightmare, lots of staff on hand who were polite and very attentive to guests. That big screen over the field is nothing short of amazing! Really cant say enough good about the place. Heck, I might even want to go to a football game there.

I got kind of a charge seeing Reed make such a strong start, but it looked to me from lap six on, it was just a matter of when Dungey would take him. The fight between them was fun to watch.

I was hoping that Canard would take a step forward yesterday, but he had a rough night. It would have been nice to see the the Oklahoma boy have a better result, but that's racing.

Looks Dean Wilson is going to be tough to beat, although I'd like to see Wharton do it. He's kind of local to us here, so something of a favorite.

Whether we agree or disagree on the medical treatment, or lack of it, Zach Bell is one tough kid.

At the end of the day, it was a hell of a show, and we are glad we made the trip. :clap
  4. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    I think Wharton will have more of a say as the season progresses. He didn't seem to be very happy with second place.
  5. Rider_WV

Rider_WV Long timer

Oddometer:
    I attributed his shitty results on orange to them forcing him to ride the 350. It put him behind the 8 ball. Maybe an orange 450 will be an easier transition. I too can't believe Honda isn't stepping up to keep him on red. Solid top 10 every week at a total privateer level is impressive.
  6. nachtflug

nachtflug I'm not going to talk about that.

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  7. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  8. okiegtrider

okiegtrider Long timer

Oddometer:

yea! like that! thanks!
  9. Shawnee Bill

Shawnee Bill Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:

I'm impressed!? You can make better medical diagnosis from a TV screen than an MD on the scene. Having been up close and personal to a few concussions that boy sure wasn't acting like he had one. I could tell because I was sitting about 80 yards away.

As for them just wanting to let the show go on, it hasn't been all that long ago you could die during a race and barely get a couple of yellow flags, I've seen that too. It's come a long way, two weeks in a row they have red flagged a race.

10. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    :eek1

[​IMG]
  11. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    total privateer? He had a tractor trailer the size of a battleship. there were privateers in regular vans, Andrew Short does not fall into that category.
  12. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  13. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  14. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  15. Shawnee Bill

Oddometer:
    Didn't get home until afternoon today and got to watch on Speed. I was watching to see what I missed, should have been watching to see what Speed missed.
    In all fairness there is a LOT going on during a SX event.

First thing they didn't show was the reason Dungey didn't pass Millsaps, with almost a lap to go a lapper got in their way in one of the 180 bowl turns, Dungey had Millsaps set up for a pass in that turn but there was a lapper in the turn, he was trying not to be in the way and held his line but there just wash't room for three in that turn and Dungey lost some bike lengths coming out of the turn. He reeled Millsaps back in pretty quickly but didn't have time to make a pass.
    The other thing that was somewhat hard to tell from the TV is that Reed was holding up both Millsaps and Dungey, hate to say that being a long time Reed fan but that's what it was. Without Reed in second place it would have been a three way race for first place, not sure who would have come out on top but it looked like Dungey might have.

Carnard just couldn't get through the first two turns clean, however once he got moving he was running the same pace as the leaders. But way back. Both in his heat and the main.

Don't know about Barcia, he just didn't seem like Barcia in the main, couldn't get close enough to Brayton to even try for a pass. Seems like all the top guys except Millsaps has had a race or two like that this season, just can't get their rhythm for whatever reason.

And the Traxxas cars were fabulous!
    Even got to watch on the BIG screen many of the same commercials we see at home, but no Flo :cry

Altogether an Awesome show!

16. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    so we can say Villopoto was holding up Reed?
  17. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    Thanks but I'm only as good as the subject matter.

[​IMG]
  18. skwidd

skwidd where does this lead?

Oddometer:

They scored a top team boss, flushed a turd, and developed a new bike, in a very impressive short time.
  19. Shawnee Bill

Oddometer:
    I was wondering if anyone would pick up on that.

20. craigincali

craigincali I'll try it.

Oddometer:
    Actually, yes I am.