SPOKANE Area Riders

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by PNW Buttercup, Aug 13, 2010.

1. kenidaho

kenidaho n00b

Oddometer:
    Well not to ridding or Spokane but new to Adventure ridding I have lived in Spokane for 30 years, I rode a Sususki 370 thumper in College in the late 70s took 20 some years off and started to ride Street I had a 2005 concourse that I traded for a 2008 wing which I still own. I completed two Iron Butt SS 1000s I also road in a Iron Butt style rally 2011 , It was only 32 hours 1500 miles I have 4 ATVs that I ride all the time near priest river

In October I bought a Triumph Tiger 800 XC and have about 1000 miles on it. I won't be riding tough trails any time soon but I do enjoy dirt roads and logging roads. I'm interested in finding some easier dirt rides,
  2. WU7X

WU7X The Old Fart Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ken, you seem like a very nice fellow. Please heed this warning! Give me the keys to the 800XC and save yourself a lot of grief. I assure you I will ride it frequently and write glowing reports about its capabilities and the joy it gives me. You will save lots of time for playing video games and have extra gas money for trips to the mall. Really, I'm trying to do you a favor. Trust me. :evil
  3. kenidaho

kenidaho n00b

Oddometer:
    That is very kind of you but I would hate to trouble you that much
  4. DiamondLie

DiamondLie Banned

Oddometer:
    Ken,

I'm of a similar ilk (nice ADV bike - 1200GSA in my case) but not into looking to conquer the toughest trail or prove anything to anyone. If you want to ride some of those logging roads, etc. shoot me a PM. I have put a fair amount of miles on local logging and gravel roads, etc. so I could lead on at least a few excursions. I bet there are plenty others out there who feel the same way about their roads of choice and probably some who know the back roads much better and could show us around!

Curt
  5. biodieselandon

biodieselandon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Count me in!
  6. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Super Moderator Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
    Kenidaho, Welcome to all the fun of ADV. Watch this thread for meetups, they are sporatic but when there is one come out and meet everyone.

There are a few people that still have their bikes out and doing a little riding so maybe you all can get together for a ride.
  7. sunquest

sunquest Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Any one heading to Mexico.

Heading out for Phx from Sandpoint on Monday hauling the bike then ride from there.
  8. moto-treks

moto-treks Back Home

Oddometer:
    Yup, it was there for a week or two
  9. Smedley

Smedley sshhh, don't tell my wife

Oddometer:
    Hey WU7X....that wasn't you I more or less blew off Thanksgiving day at Little Spokane and Midway was it???
    Was focused on going down to look at that property with the for sale sign and seen a motorcycle (I think) with this thing hanging off the right side of it.... :rofl

If it were, or someone else from the forum, sorry wasn't trying to be a a$$hole, just was tunneled in on swinging around at that intersection without getting pasted by a cage....
  10. WU7X

Oddometer:
    Nope it wasn't me, so you're safe for now. :lol3

My parts just came in the mail today. So tomorrow afternoon I hope to be installing the new hydrallics and rebuilding the front brake system. Then you'll have to be on the lookout for me. Hope this weather holds as it is my favorite time of the year.
  11. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    Hey Dale,

You need to get another bike, one that you can ride more and work on less. :deal
  12. WU7X

Oddometer:
    LadyBug, I keep telling that to Nanc, but she doesn't believe me! Seriously though, I am kinda, sorta on the lookout. A friend may be selling his wife's F800ST which I am interested in. I am also looking at Buell Ulysses bikes. But realistically this year has been a tough one on my kids and we have helped them though some issues. So the $$ just isn't there at the moment.

SWMBO may not be interested in a new moytorcycle, but she certainly threw a great Thanksgiving dinner for several friends and me yesterday. We ate out hearts out and waddled to bed early. So we had Thanksgiving two days in a row here. Nothing to complain about that!

Hope everyone else had good times with family and friends also.
  13. Live2Ride

Live2Ride Not Famous

Oddometer:
    I am flying to Yuma on wenesday and leaving for Baja on thursday(have a bike there). Are you going to Baja or the mainland?
  14. Smedley

Smedley sshhh, don't tell my wife

Oddometer:
    Will do!!!!
    Gotta head back over there today....and it will be on TBB!!!! Gots to get some info of those for sale signs.

Think I might take the loop around Hazard out to Monroe/Half Moon area and then come back around..... :D
  15. Kootenai Rider

Kootenai Rider Long timer

Oddometer:
    KLR :hide
  16. airheadbruce

airheadbruce Uncle Dumbshit Supporter

Oddometer:
    2007 HD FXDL:kat:kat
  17. WU7X

Oddometer:
    Har har!
  18. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    OK Spo/CDA the thread has been posted: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=843668 I'd sure like to see a good showing from my hometown group. Portland and Seattle have been showing you up :deal I'm working on my guilting you into it skills....Is it working? :lol3 Heck AirheadBruce has already posted his IN and if that's not enough incentive I don't know what else to give you. Did that work? :D

I hope everyone had as good of a Thanksgiving as Dale and Nanc did.
  19. Kootenai Rider

Kootenai Rider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey at least the oil my KLR leaves road/trail side isn't anything critical like brake fluid. :hide

Hey Ladybug, I just threw my hat into the ring for jells canyon, hasn't noticed it. Thanks for keepin me on my toes. I think I'm gonna take Donna this year.
  20. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    jells canyon? You spell like I do. :lol3

I saw your IN and added you to the fun kids list. :clap

Yesterday I took my 650 our for a little ride, topped off the gas tank, put stabalizer in, took it hope hooked it up to the trickle charger and said good night to it for the winter. It's a bear and
    hibernates or maybe I'm a bear and hibernate for the winter - at any rate it's put away for the winter.

We need to have a meetup in the next week or two. Maybe up North since we seem to neglect our Northern friends. :deal

Dale or MotoTrek any suggestions for a place up north for a meetup? Some where with plenty of seating, not completing with sports on big screen TVs, and where they won't try to rush us out. Oh yeah, good food too. :dg