R100GS for sale in Seattle

Discussion in 'Airheads' started by TreeSeeker, Feb 11, 2012.

1. TreeSeeker

TreeSeeker n00b

Oddometer:
  2. dlew

dlew Daypass Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I don't think you're going to have a hard time selling the bike. If keeping it in the advrider.com family will suffice for keeping it in the family i bet you'll have success. Why not post it over in the flea market? There are a couple of airhead GSs that went to good homes just recently.

And nice job on the blog. Looks like a great time. Love the sidestand solution (btdt) and I feel for you on the tire fiasco. And the ring! Genius move.
  3. Infracaninophile

Infracaninophile Finding My Way..

Oddometer:
    I think some pics of the bike as it sits now in the Northwest would help. Those shots, IIRC, are of when you bought the bike. You stated it's had a few tip overs, the tires are different, etc. If someone was interested, but not local, shots of the bike as she sits are sort of important.

My .02

Tom
  4. TreeSeeker

TreeSeeker n00b

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I need some "after" photos, don't I? The only difference is some battle scars on the crash bars. Thank goodness for the crash bars!!! My other sidestand "solution" was to lean the crash bar against something vertical :D
    I found that needing to always find something on my port side to lean up against to dismount really made some of my pit stops awkward--especially in the desert.
    I posted the bike over at the flea market.
    Thanks for being gentle on this adv noob.
  5. jhbmw

jhbmw n00b

Oddometer:
    Sent PM
  6. hupjoy

hupjoy n00b

Oddometer:
    Check your PMs - sent one today!
  7. 90%1200gsadv

90%1200gsadv Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Your blog was a lot of fun to read. You are a remarkable person. Good luck with whatever you are up to.

By the way, I am also short and have a 1993 R100GSPD, a little different than the bike you are selling. They are great bikes, but a challenge like any dual purpose bike can be for the short inseam crowd. I have ridden Northern CA, but I am from the East Coast. Some of your accounts in your trip blog were so familiar. Your style of writting is a lot of fun to read.

Thanks for sharing, you did a wonderful thing.
  8. dsclothe

dsclothe Adventurer

Oddometer:
    There can't have been a lack of them. If I hadn't picked up a rode-hard-put-away-wet bumblebee GS last summer, I'd fly out tonight and ride yours back home to the Minnesota motherland.

I'll read your blog in more detail later. Looking forward to gleaning some insight.
  9. red bud

red bud alky w/motorcycle problem Supporter

Oddometer:

sweet bike, good report
  10. TreeSeeker

TreeSeeker n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks! Where in MN are ya? I lived there most of my life. Have you ridden on Highway 1 from the North Shore to Ely yet? Good stuff.
  11. dsclothe

dsclothe Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey, I'm in Minneapolis, by the Witch's Hat water tower. I haven't done the ride to Ely. Sounds like one to add to my calendar. Haven't even gone farther than SE MN; I got my ride last summer and its provenance is a little unclear, its miles a little low (40K for an '89 GS), for me to think that jumping out on the road for a few days wouldn't be doing it a favor. There's an oil leak I want to address, it needs a good scrub, the carbs need attention, I want to rebuild (have rebuilt) the rear shock, am a little uneasy about the swingarm bearing. And fuel lines. And rubber. I've got great off road tires on it now, but would like to get some smoother slippers.

Look me up the next time you're in town. You'd be welcome to take my bike out for a spin and be reminded of why you sold yours. Perhaps you could help me name it. Something like Big Bastard What Kick Your Ass. You know, so cars and stuff are intimidated and give it respeck.

Ryan
  12. montblanc97

montblanc97 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello,

I'm interested in the bike...is it available? If so, can you send me pictures to my email (christhegrt1@aol.com)..Thanks Chris
  13. darklight79

darklight79 drink it , ride it , nail it

Oddometer:
    Check sf bay craigs list theres a few there stu