Central Missouri Advrs ??

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by rgp332, Dec 2, 2012.

1. rgp332

rgp332 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    How about Central Mo riders ? Anybody from around Jefferson city? Doesnt seem like much goes on around here ? :thumbup
  2. Midnightventure

Midnightventure -

Oddometer:
    I am in Eldon. Went down around the Osage for a while yesterday.
  3. honusjrm

honusjrm Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm in Columbia. Would like to meet up with others for some rides. Was exploring southwest of JC today on the Vstrom.
  4. Cobby

Cobby n00b

Oddometer:
    I'm in Jeff City and looking for other ADV riders to hook up with :rofl
  5. rgp332

rgp332 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What or where would be a good place to meet or get some ideas together? Who knows with the weather were having lately,We may be able to ride or maybe shovel that nasty white stuff. Any ideas anyone ?
  6. Midnightventure

Midnightventure -

Oddometer:
    Southwest of JC is getting pretty close to me.
  7. Midnightventure

Midnightventure -

Oddometer:
    More responses here than I expected. Looked at some of the profiles. Looks like late 50s is the average.
  8. rgp332

rgp332 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    yes, I ride down around Eldon quite abit. A friend of mine has a place down by Brumley,I go down there alot. Lots of good gravel roads to explore around there.
  9. Midnightventure

Midnightventure -

Oddometer:
    If you get down to Brumley you probably make it to the big swinging bridge every once in a while.
  10. rgp332

rgp332 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I deer hunt down there and I can hear people driving across the bridge when I'm sitting in my stand.
    We'll have to keep an eye on the weather,see if we canget together before it gets too cold.
  11. Midnightventure

Midnightventure -

Oddometer:
    That sounds like a good idea.
  12. fishallnight

fishallnight Fishallnight

Oddometer:
    Hi all,
    I live in Jefferson City and ride a yellow Vstrom650. Would like to meet up and ride with some other adv'ers as well.
    I am starting to see a few more adventure touring bikes around. A few BMW's, some more stroms and the odd KLR or two.
    I've been to the swinging bridges a couple of times and it really is a pretty cool place to ride to.
  13. rgp332

rgp332 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Lets plan a get together, Anybody have a good idea?
  14. Midnightventure

Midnightventure -

Oddometer:
    Tomorrow might be the last decent day we have for a while. I could meet somewhere like the Eagle Stop in Eugene at 10:00 unless somebody else has another idea. Then decide what kind of a ride we want to do.
  15. rgp332

rgp332 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I can do that, Anybody else want to go we could meet in JC and head that way. I check back later tonite
  16. Midnightventure

Midnightventure -

Oddometer:
    I waited until 10:30. Nobody else showed so I went ahead and went for a ride. Went south on Abbot road to Eugene. I had heard about a railroad tunnel people used to ride through but I had never been able to find it. With the vegetation down I was able to find it but I believe it is to overgrown to ride to now. Then I headed south on Eugene road to Saline Creek road, across Saline Creek to Woods road. Came close to dropping it at the intersection of Catfish rd. Traction was really good because the roads were wet so I was going a little faster than normal .The turn to Catfish rd is more than a 90 and the back tire must have hit a big rock the way it felt. Managed to get my foot off the peg and caught the bike. Thought I had hurt my knee for about a half mile but it's fine now. Went through Tuscumbia to HH. Followed it till it turned to gravel and rode beside the Osage for a while then went back to Eldon and stopped at a carwash and hosed me and the bike off.
  17. Cobby

Cobby n00b

Oddometer:
    I was out of town this week and am pleasantly surprised by all of the responses.
    Looks like we have the makings of a good group to ride with.
    Bring on the good weather!!
  18. rgp332

rgp332 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Midnight, I sent you a PM this morning, saying I wasn't going to make it. Sorry about the confusion,we'll do it before long!!
  19. Midnightventure

Midnightventure -

Oddometer:
    I didn't realize until late in the evening I had the PM. Need to check that next time. The gravel roads were great though. Even the recently graded ones rode pretty good.
  20. dmac431

dmac431 Boots

Oddometer:
    Just North of the border, the other Mexico
    Hi guys, I'm in Mexico and will travel anywhere. Just give me a couple days and I'll be there. I have a KTM Adv 990. Hope to get together soon. I check in every night.:clap:clap:clap