KTM service in Copenhagen

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by mixermsk, Mar 13, 2013.

1. mixermsk

mixermsk Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi. We are planning a trip in July from Russia to Norway via Copenhagen. Because route (~ 9500 km) longer than the service interval my motorcycle (7500 km) - we plan to visit the KTM service on the road. I think it will happen in Copenhagen.

1. It seems the only official KTM service in Copenhagen - "AAGESEN MOTORCYKLER". I'll be glad to hear comments about it, if any.
    2. How about motorcycle maintenance costs in Europe (KTM 990 Adv, planned - 7500 km or 15,000 km).

Thanks and sorry for my bad English.
  2. Katoom72

Katoom72 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    15k service interval is 320 minutes excluding parts and fluids.

I'd do the 15k service now (if u can do it yourself) and a 7500km service on the trip. Altough if u keep the oil topped off u could do the extra 2k without mutch issues.

How is the waterpump? Did it ever get upgraded or repaired?
  3. LocuL

LocuL Gnarly Steward

Oddometer:
    Aagesen is great, but keep in mind you will pay a high hour price because its Denmark(expensive).
    I would do what KATOOM says.
  4. tommerup

tommerup Pauli

Oddometer:
    That Will save you a fair amount off cash and is on the Way, if your going north to sweden and norway. If your coming up through germany and pass Odense there is also a good ktm dealer there, and i live close by, let mé know if your coming this way and we Will work something out...
  5. mixermsk

mixermsk Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Many thanks for you response!

I would be very glad to do it myself, but there are two problems:
    1. After this trip, I plan to service the bike myself - our dealer (only one in the country) has a lot of negative reviews. But I would not want to lose the warranty, the first 15,000 km.
    2. We will have a little time - I like to disassemble the bikes, but I also want to walk in the Copenhagen. :)

About pump - my bike is new, with a standard pump.. Because nobody wanted to buy my GS - my KTM came to the garage only in winter. :) As I understand it, the first ~ 20k km pump is not likely to cause problems. Or not?

To be honest, I could not understand the phrase "keep the oil topped off". But, unfortunately, it is probably too deprive me of warranty :(

---
    And another question that is not about my trip. I think my hands look normal - I was able to replace the exhaust (Wings), install a second fan, install additional lights - in other words - I partially disassembled the bike and assembled it back - and it is still working. :) Previously (on other bikes), I changed the oil, spark plugs, brakes - I did it myself all that does not apply to entry into the engine.
    But I always feared clearance adjustment valves - whether difficult without such experience to do it myself? Of course, I do not plan to try to do it the first time on the trip. :)

Thanks very much - positive feedback - it's very good. I understand that it will cost dearly, but, unfortunately, the previous (Belarus, Poland and Germany), we intend to drive without stopping for the full day - to go from Denmark in an unhurried mode.
    If it is possible - I would like to know the approximate order of prices. For example, a maintenance in Russia for the BMW cost about $ 300-500 (depending on the amount of work), the price of service to KTM about the same.

Yes, we're going to go through Germany to the north. Thanks for the advice about Odense.
    I apologize for my bad English - I would like to clarify - if I understand that maintenance in Odense will cost much cheaper? I thought that in the same country the price will be about the same.
  6. TA-Zappa

TA-Zappa Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think that if you are about to hit Sweden the total proce for a service might be a bit cheaper. Think that a 1500km (big service with valve check ) is at around $800-900 in Stockholm area including oil/filter/small stuff. Been too long since i did such a service at a dealer and can't remember the exact price.

Think there is a dealer in Malmö area, Löddeköping (about 20km north of Malmö) that has quite good reputation. It's just across the bridge from Copenhagen (though the bridge is expensive).

Good luck with the journey sounds like a nice trip!

Cheers,
    Zappa
  7. LocuL

LocuL Gnarly Steward

Oddometer:
    I would go for the advice from Tommerup. Mx-shop.dk(Morten who owns it is really helpful). Just get Tommerup to sort out some good pricing and your all set up.

:freaky
  8. VBON

VBON Traveler

Oddometer:
    Hello from USA. I'm trying to find Spark Plugs for the 1290 SA. CAn't find them here in the US and calling NGK they said only available in the Europe at the moment. The shop in Denmark I think is AAGESEN MOTORCYKLER? What I'm asking is can you see if they carry the plugs and how much for a set I need 2 or each plugs.
    NGK-LKAR9BI-10 and NGK-LMAR7DI-10. I may be able to have someone pick them up if the shop is located in Copenhagen. If not I can arrange for them to be shipped to me ion the US. Hope you see this soon.
  9. LocuL

LocuL Gnarly Steward

Oddometer:
    Still trying
  10. Mr Q

Mr Q n00b

Oddometer:
    If you are driving from Copenhagen to Oslo thru sweden i would recommend http://www.je68.se/ same as Zappa mentioned.

Its located right next to the highway E6 20kms north of Malmö, shoppingmall nearby if waiting at the shop gets boring.
    LocuL likes this.