F800GS Outdoor Cover

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by Nictrolis, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Nictrolis

Nictrolis Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anybody have a good cover for their F800GS? Waterproof, etc? I'm looking to pick one up, and hoping there's something cheaper than the $110 BMW job. Brand and size? Thanks!!
  2. Bucko

Bucko In a parallel world

Oddometer:
  3. Nictrolis

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I'm in the process of building a garage, I just need a temp place. I figured I'd rather ride an extra month or two than have a completely spotless bike. ;-)

Is it difficult to get a cover that fits right, because of the height? or do you just get an XXL or something?
  4. Nictrolis

Oddometer:
    Durr, they have a search. Looks like it won't cover the rear wheel, though? Eh... maybe it's not a big deal if I'm just going to have it in there for a couple months... $100 is more than I was hoping, though. Guess I'll just go with the BMW that covers the wheel for a little more $$...
  5. Farmholio

Farmholio Smarmy Marmot

Oddometer:
    Thought I had gotten this from Motorcycle superstore but I just checked and it was missing from the list of what they have. Looks like they have their own website though if you're inclined to check it out. The one I got was something like 60 bucks and came with a cable and lock. The XL is big enough to fit totally over the bike even with the Happy Trails stuck on the sides. I've got a garage but have used it on longer trips and it seems to work well and be reasonably well ventilated. I've covered the bike in the pouring rain and its been more or less dry the following day. There's two vent holes near the handlebar ends. The downside is that it is quite bulky to stow but I think that's the sacrifice to have a little more substantial of a cover.
  6. RamblerTim

RamblerTim Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I got the motorcycle cover from O'Reilly auto parts & it works great. I think it is an XL or XXL, it was the only size they had there. It was $30, has a lifetime warranty, & is water resistant.

If you don't have an O'Reilly in your area all the other auto stores should have one: auto zone, walmart, etc
  7. soyanarchisto

soyanarchisto Long timer

Oddometer:
    I got one at Wally World for something like $20. Its nothing fancy but it does the job and at that cost I dont get all chaffed when it gets ripped after being in the sun for several months.
  8. Trout

Trout Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just ordered a cover from Geza for when the bike is out overnight camping. After the last trip to Kernville I decided a little protection might be a good idea.

[​IMG]
  9. DolphinJohn

DolphinJohn Caveman

Oddometer:
    This cover fits my bike perfectly. Size large I believe.

[​IMG]

A puddle will sometimes form on the seat and then water will seep through.

Other than that I'm happy with it. The older version had plastic vents that would dry and crack in the extreme sun down here, but the new ones are cloth.

http://www.nelsonrigg.com/store/product.aspx?pid=347