Moto Overland Goodies

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by Westy99, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Westy99

Westy99 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The mailman dropped off my package from Canada today! Inside was MOD's Top Rack and their side stand foot. :clap

I want to thank Dave for the help he's provided me over the last week or so. He answered all my questions and gave me several solutions for the top boxes/bags that I was looking to run.

I was completely impressed with the fit and finish of both pieces of MOD equipment...looking forward to trying it out.

So here's what was sitting on my front porch...

[​IMG]

And inside was the top rack, side stand foot and the spacers for the Wolfman Expedition Panniers/racks (which I will eventually be running).

[​IMG]

Installation of the rack couldn't have been simpler, I think it took less than 5 minutes and that included a quick run back in the house for a cold one.

[​IMG]

Here's a shot with my old Joe Rocket tailbag (currently the only tail bag I own) off my R1150R.

[​IMG]

Couple shots of the spacers

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One more look at the bike

[​IMG]

The side stand foot didn't get installed tonight, I'm giving it a little "black treatment" before putting it on the bike. Since almost everything else on the bike is black I figured I'd put my own touches on the foot. I taped it off, cleaned the surface and then hit it with some primer and 3 coats of black semi gloss paint. It's curing tonight so I'll get some addition pictures of it tomorrow once it gets installed.

Here it is taped up and ready to paint

[​IMG]

Thanks again Dave for all your help! Now I need to get my Wolfman Rolies ordered as well as one of Caribous 34L top boxes. That should give me two solid top box/bag solutions for running solo/two-up.
  2. rumblefish

rumblefish xxx

Oddometer:
    Looking good. Remember to post pics here once you get the luggage on!
  3. Motoriley

Motoriley Still riding like crap after all these years.

Oddometer:
    Looks good. Now bend that factory plate and get an MOD one as well!
  4. KnuckC

KnuckC F8er

Oddometer:
    Mod stuff is great. I have the bash plate, rack and kick stand piece. Well engineered and produced.
  5. markymcd

markymcd Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I bet I could snap that BMW/Touratech plate in one ride. And judging by your vids Riley I'm sure you could too!

Mark
  6. Cambi

Cambi Adventurer

Oddometer:
    +1 :thumb Superb service from Dave and shipment to Europe. Multifunction plate and certainly the strongest of the market.
  7. Westy99

Westy99 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Took a few shots for the side stand foot a couple nights ago and just got a chance to upload them tonight.

Painted and ready to install...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I got a chance to try out the side stand foot this evening in some soft ground and it worked well.
  8. toowheels

toowheels on a mission...

Oddometer:
    Thanks Westy99!! :thumb

Really stoked to hear that you are happy with the parts!! :D

Maybe we should send you a bunch more side stand feet to "blacken" :evil

I'd love to see some pics with the Caribou set up if you get that goin!

Thanks everybody for the positive comments too!

:freaky

Dave
  9. Westy99

Westy99 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks Dave...I'd say I'm equally as stoked about the parts. :clap I had several comments from the guys at work about the rear rack as well. Everyone thought it was a nice piece.

I'll keep you in the loop on the Caribou top case setup. Today I ordered a large Wolfman Rolie which will be my "solo" tailbag. Getting the Caribou box won't be too far off.

I like the looks of the side stand foot with the top blacked out. It blends in perfectly with the bike. A cold beer, little painters tape and some semi-gloss industrial rustoleum and I was in business. :D
  10. kelsow

kelsow Long timer

Oddometer:
    I received my kickstand thingy in the mail today and it looks great.
    The fit and finish looks like something you'd see on the space shuttle.

Great addition to my bike.

Thanks!