EWS Immobilizer antenna threadfest

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by CarbonCat, Apr 8, 2006.

1. Bonebag

Bonebag ADDvrider

Oddometer:
    Wisconsin..Hot,Cold and everything in Between
    I just ordered one from Max...it's in stock and on it's way:deal
  2. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    <BR>Will someone post up a coupla nice pictures of the EWS antenna electrical connector? Unplugged and plugged. Also close focused pictures of the end of the connector on the wire and he connector socket on the antenna since you're there.

You'll be glad you did.
    <BR><BR>
  3. ClearwaterBMW

ClearwaterBMW The Examiner Supporter

Oddometer:
    true....
    but, you HAVE to have the original DRILLED out first....
    and replace with the specific bolts mentioned above
    otherwise... you will have that new ring antenna "in stock" but not be able to utilize it
  4. Bonebag

Bonebag ADDvrider

Oddometer:
    Wisconsin..Hot,Cold and everything in Between
    good Idea...

How's this one..I should have my Antenna by the end of next week. I'm leaving on a trip out to next weekend otherwise I would not have spent the money on this part..especially since it would be covered by warranty. How about we start a small list on who has these antennas as spares so if someone is in dire need..one of us could overnight the baby to help them out:deal
  5. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid!

Oddometer:
    Good idea:

:lol3
  6. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    <BR>
    You post pics, Mongo make fix. Mongo know about radio.
    <BR><BR>
  7. Some Dude

Some Dude what attitude problem???

Oddometer:

Wrong again, you can utilize it, it just wont be pretty and it may take a few jerry-rigged tie wraps to getrdun successfully. The location for the antennae will not be optimal, however as long as the antennae is in close proximity to the key when the switch is engergized it should work just fine.
  8. ClearwaterBMW

Oddometer:
    while i DO thank you for your information
    i do NOT appreciate the "WRONG AGAIN" remark

it's offensive (at least to me)

you are a dealer.... and you should speak to us as if we were at your counter in your shop
    so.... please remember that you should be a bit nicer to the MANY of us on the forum who've spent plenty of money at your dealership.... LIKE ME

thanks for the info
    i appreciate being set straight
  9. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    <BR>Pictures = Solution Go take some pictures Bobby.
    <BR><BR>
  10. Some Dude

Oddometer:
    Stop you're crying You're just on a roll today with what seems to be pretty solid assertions by yourself, perhaps refraining from making statements and asking questions would be a better approach?????

and it is what it is so stop whining, would you rather go on incorrect assumptions and not have anyone correct? It's not meant personal, it's just straight to the point. You can take it as egotistical, but it's just my jackass playful personality :lol3 This is ADV Rider afterall, not some stuffy regulated site correct?
  11. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Clearwater: Your "thumb" comments to Bobby are over the top. Bobby's replies have been civil and factual.

Would you please edit your comments? Thank you. :thumb
  12. Some Dude

Oddometer:
    List of other things to remember for the "to do list" tomorrow AM is bring in digital camera, it's hiding in the basement in my tavel bag, it's very ellusive, especially at any early morning hours :doh
  13. ClearwaterBMW

Oddometer:
    yes....
    correct
    but....
    i've been around here a long, long time
    and i know exactly how this place is

but....
    you represent a DEALER and NOT yourself
    so...
    you should have 2 identities around here (maybe you do)
    when you are posting as an individual... fire away at will... like we all do

but....
    when you are wearing the badge of BMW of Atlanta.... one of the most respected dealers in the south...
    maybe you could be a little more helpful without a condescending underlying tone

thanks, in advance
  14. ClearwaterBMW

Oddometer:
    i'll be happy to edit them
    but....
    he can tone down his way of saying things as well

as i posted just above this....
    he's representing a dealer and being condescending is UNbecoming

he was FACTUAL... yes
    but, CIVIL.... not entirely

i'm no noobie around this place...
    and i've got thick skin
    but.... i call 'em like i see 'em

no offense to you
    i'll edit my post
  15. ClearwaterBMW

Oddometer:
    pictures would be very helpful

thanks
  16. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    <BR>Thanks. Anybody else with a camera? I think I see JVB and GB over there trying to sort out this EWS issue.
    <BR><BR>
  17. Some Dude

Oddometer:
    So my family owns and operates a dealer which my screen name is very similar too and I cannot have a personality or opinion because $$$$ is involved? That's kinda F'ed up but never surprises me when thats the first hand thrown. Am I harsh at times? maybe, but it's not personal as you evidently have taken it. Multi-tasking between several duties here on top of playing on the forums and seeing a re-occuring theme going gets me in a no BS mode. I'll know in the future that you're susceptible to taking things a tad personal potentially, point taken. Fact of the matter is and we all make mistake every now and then remains that if you're not 100% bet the farm sure then you might be best to ask a question then make incorrect statements for some 100k folks to read and guess who gets to deal with the aftermath????????????

That's right Moi, mainly the service department. So I have a pet peeve with internet myths and how they get started.

Now that was half way on the pedestal, You really wouldn't like me if you didn't know me when I get on a roll, but that's another story, take it for what is worth, but it's not worth getting your feathers in a ruffle, it's gentleman's ribbing around here for the most part, at least my take on it.

Pictures later, really not much to it. Pull back the plastic cover immediately in front of the ignition switch, pull antennae harness out, cut tie wrap on wiring harness to ignition switch hardware, plug antennae harness into secondary known working antennae, hold plugged in secondary antennae very close to the key while turning on the ignition. If the bike now starts you had a bad antennae. If not you have a software or wiring fault and are screwed without the stealer,........errrr I mean dealer :freaky
  18. Some Dude

Oddometer:
    I am typing to you as if you're sitting here at the shop and I am speaking to you, only difference is you can't see the my overly charming demeanor shining through,.........curse of the internet :lol3
  19. BriKielyGSman

BriKielyGSman BigBadBri

Oddometer:
    Called a different dealer and they are sending out the part tomorrow - no questions asked- go figure!?? $250 Canadian.

Now, I have to run - off to the Horizons Unlimted Meeting in Silverton, Colorado tomorrow. I have to get cracking- lawn to mow-packing to do -etc etc.

Hopefully the ring doesnt calve on me in the next 14 days!!!

Part should be here waiting when I get home.

Whew.........
  20. ClearwaterBMW

Oddometer:
    excellent post....
    one comment about that statement of your's above

maybe not YOUR family's dealership... but, i certainly hope you know that folks on this forum know more than the tech folks at 75% of the dealerships in the US

we can spend hours talking about how BMW wouldn't admit they had a problem with the OLD ECU on the K1200GT...
    until everyone on the 'net screamed about their "idling at 3,000 rpm" issues, etc...

maybe YOUR dealership quickly understood the WARPED AIRBOX issues
    but... most wouldn't admit them

so....
    you might not know that i am a pediatrician....
    so..... no one hates internet rumors (about immunizations, etc) more than me.....

but... sometimes, a forum can be a GOOD thing.... right?