2014 Wallowa Valley Adventure Jamboree

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by Ladybug, Dec 1, 2013.

1. pigpen

pigpen Gone Riding

Oddometer:
    Nick,
    So sorry for your loss! My heart goes out to your family as we hear of this! We are all with you in spirit!
  2. Apple Jam

Apple Jam Ride Oregon First

Oddometer:
    I was fortunate to meet Russ and ride with him for a few days back in 2010 on one of Sound Rider's Sasquatch rides. We were shoved into the same tent camping spot the night before, and became quick friends. We were gonna ride the whole week together but his GS developed a bad fork seal, and he left the ride early. I am grateful to have known him, and glad to have seen him again at the HC events.

Thanks, Nick, for giving us the news, may you and your family cherish all that was good in Russ.
  3. Sethro303

Sethro303 Master of Disaster

Oddometer:
    Very sorry to hear about your loss nick. I never got the chance to meet your dad, but you and your family are in my thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Super Moderator Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
    On post 2 on the first page if you click the route names it will open to a page like below with more info. There is fuel in Troy.

5. AKMotorbiker

AKMotorbiker Searching for sanity

Oddometer:
    Great pictures! Now I know more about what I'm missing. Next year I'll try to make it, pending all the same variables.
  6. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    Put it on your caledar now and start planning. There's so much great riding and it's a good time with fun people. I hope you can make it next year. :clap
  7. AKMotorbiker

AKMotorbiker Searching for sanity

Oddometer:
    Those are all the reasons it's on my annual wish list! Another year of looking at ride reports and photos from all of you. Another reason is that my parents live a couple hours North and that visit was messed up as well. I know you all will have a great weekend.
  8. Idahosam

Idahosam Set Adrift

Oddometer:

I am so sorry to hear this disheartening information, my deepest condolences to Russ's family. I meet Russ very briefly in conversation at HC and shook hands, I feel bad I didn't spend a little more time.... He was/is a like minded brethren who loves the excitement of motorcycling and I propose we all raise a glass in to him him for safe travels and a prayer to his family.
  9. LogHouseBikers

LogHouseBikers Following the front tire... Hopefully... Supporter

Oddometer:
    We are deeply saddened to receive this news. Russ has been a good guide and friend. We will miss him.:(:
  10. smithe

smithe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is anyone else constantly checking the weather forecast like I am? Took my loaded up bike for a short test ride today to see how it feels packed. I am itchy for Thursday morning to get here!
  11. doggitter

doggitter Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the feedback LB0048. Need to plan my rides per the tank dripping dry. The extra I carry will make it safe but I want to know what I'm in for.
  12. beemerron

beemerron thoroughly screwed

Oddometer:
    Like this:
    http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=Enterprise%2C+OR
    We might not freeze this year.:clap

Current plan is to leave Woodland 'bout 0800 Wednesday, passing through Cougar, Trout Lake, Glenwood, Goldendale, Plymouth, Athena and Elgin.

I didn't sign up for the Thursday run, but would like to tag along.

Planning on the Hat Point and Dug Bar rides also.
  13. tymetrvlr

tymetrvlr Long timer

Oddometer:
    Oh, definitely.

I wanted to leave sooner but will have to wait until Tuesday.
    Seeing Monday's weather here in the Gresham area ..... I figure there is not really a point to getting drenched on Day ONE.

Plan to arrive in Enterprise some time Thursday, this year I have a whole two weeks and will make it a loop all over Oregon.

That was long overdue! :clap
  14. MortimerSickle

MortimerSickle Semi-Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Rainville, Orygun, where moss is a road hazard.
    The two weather sites I have been checking say 30% on Tuesday, 0% on Wednesday, and no more than 10% the rest of the weekend.

They are never wrong, so I am confident that we will stay absolutely dry... or, something.

Of course, it won't matter to me if I don't get my bike back together.
  15. sorebutt

sorebutt Long timer

Oddometer:
    You can usually get fuel at Troy, if you can afford it. They should have fuel if Ladybug notified them about the ride. They usually don't open until noon. The next fuel would be either Asotin or Enterprise.
  16. Watching the weather like a hawk!

SEEKING COMPANIONS-

I plan to camp but there are 'cabins' at MorrowCounty OHV. Any takers from Portland or Madras? I'm on a WR250R using Scott_pdx's ol' 3.1 gal tank so I'm good for 170-180 miles if I don't fall over and spill any fuel :lol3

I may leave early afternoon Mon (how far can I get before dark) or early AM Tuesday depending on weather.

I had planned to go to Madras on hardtop, then dirt, dust or mud through Ashwood, Gosner, BridgeCkRd, Rowe Creek Rd and Twickenham-Bridge Creek Cutoff Rd.to OR19 (hardtop) at RoweCk Rd. Down OR19 (or up to Fossil for fuel/food) and onward from Winlock, The Notch Rd, etc to the area of MorrowCo OHV park. etc, etc, I just uploaded the .gpx file to my google drive and you can download it and see my big lil' plan.

Pdx-Enterprise2.gpx - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4vTrl82_gM9WHFiRGU3cld5T2s/edit?usp=sharing
    Select download and save to a file. It will show up as a gpx (fairly universal). Warning though- some of this is fairly remote and I haven't been over it this year so flexability is good.

send me an email if interested... sorry 'bout the short notice. If I don't leave 'til Tuesday that is a whole 36-38 hours. what da heck.
    Andrew
  17. beemerron

beemerron thoroughly screwed

Oddometer:
    Come on Mort, get it together.:ddog
  18. MortimerSickle

MortimerSickle Semi-Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Rainville, Orygun, where moss is a road hazard.
    Just did, but that just puts me to the point I thought I was this morning. :baldy

Yeah I know, I still have enough time, but I like a leisurely pace. :D
  19. RestlessRider

RestlessRider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    In! See you all on Friday night. Camping at the Log House RV campground. Leaving on Sunday morning.
    :freaky
  20. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    :thumb