L. A. ADVenture Rides

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by nsfw, Mar 5, 2008.

1. notmybikemodelname

notmybikemodelname KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer:
    It must have something to do with being bald............
  2. bigtodd

bigtodd Hi, wanna ride?

Oddometer:
    Big Bike ride out there today! Weather was amazing! Started at Kramer Junction and rode some nice jeep track and single track out to Bird Canyon ... sand running up to the gap south of Husky is deeeeeeep. Sure like the new 21" front wheel on the GSA.
  3. nsfw

nsfw Death Valley Noobs Rally Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    i'm still planning on it, but looks like many of the guys could not wait and did at least 3 husky runs....:huh

please post up, i will be in the slower group....:D

:eek1 a 21", nice job todd....you're really turning that big pig to a big dirt bike; can't wait to see a 19" rear.....:lol3
  4. Nowwhat

Nowwhat I'll Go Second... Super Supporter

Oddometer:
  5. Nowwhat

Oddometer:

How does the 21 feel on the street???
  6. bigtodd

bigtodd Hi, wanna ride?

Oddometer:
    Feels very solid, maybe catches a freeway groove a little easier but hardly any difference I can tell. I am not a big canyon carver trying to push it in the twisties though.
  7. rinconrider

rinconrider Sir Crash-a-lot

Oddometer:
    whens the next ride, weathers cool and bike needs to be taken out of storage...
  8. Nowwhat

Oddometer:
    Husky Big Bike Ride

30% chance of showers...:clap:clap:freaky
  9. Vermon

Vermon not gnarly

Oddometer:
    that's what the nurse said when the doctor almost dropped me on my head twice, 1st when he delivered me and when he handed me to my mom :D

<style>@font-face { font-family: "Times New Roman"; }p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }table.MsoNormalTable { font-size: 10pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }div.Section1 { page: Section1; }</style>
    <style>@font-face { font-family: "Times New Roman"; }p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }table.MsoNormalTable { font-size: 10pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }div.Section1 { page: Section1; }</style> and since I'm too retarded to know how to copy and paste 2 or more quotes simultaneously, my response to

10. johngil

johngil Reseda, CA

Oddometer:
    See you puckers next week!:clap
  11. dzrtracin

dzrtracin возьми

Oddometer:
    Any big bike rides tomorrow?
  12. rider914

rider914 Agnostic Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    RE: Husky ride on Nov 10.
    I am also still planning on it, but will be riding from the east side.
    180+ mile loop, 90% off-road, start and end at 15/138 (though I will ride from home). GPS file available.
    Aiming to be on small bike (525) with one other in tow. Could tolerate 1~2 more.
    Desert tour to the Husky, then lunch at Domingos in Boron, then more desert on the way back.
    Fast and steady pace. I'd prefer not to be out late.

-M
  13. russt

russt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I know this is the "ride thread", but wanted to get the question out to this group. As we all live in roughly the same area with the same traffic/ terrian. I am looking at getting a big bike in the next few months and am interested in what some of you have experienced with 2-up riding. Your likes/ dislikes of riding with a passenger on your bike. How does your bike handle, how is the power of your bike with a pasanger, and what your suggestions would be. I am considering everything from the F800GS, 950/990 Adv, 1200GS, Super Tenere, Tiger... In the next few weeks we are going to start test riding together, and am interested in what your experiences have been. This will be for road tours with boxes or bags, and as long as we are getting a big bike, I want to hit the dirt too. Currently ride a DR650 as my daily commuter/ dirt bike/ ADV bike, my wife rides a plated CRF230, and she wants to go out for multi day trips riding together; a bigger bike is needed.

Thanks in Advance!
  14. johngil

johngil Reseda, CA

Oddometer:
    I wouldn't get less than a 1000cc. I never really liked my 800 on the road and that was w/o a passenger.
  15. dunerat

dunerat WTF? Supporter

Oddometer:
    I ride two uP on a 950 SE through dirt and hwy and its very comfy, my vote would be 950/990 A . I would emagine it would be even better

M2C
  16. Off Limits

Off Limits Banned

Oddometer:

Super tenere. I ride a dr650 and I'm sure any other bike would be better 2 up. The gs crowd will say gs. The 990 adventure crowd will say ktm. Just how gnarly will you really go 2 up with 50 pounds of gear. Nothing would be worse than breaking down somewhere than breaking down somewhere with your wife.
  17. bigtodd

bigtodd Hi, wanna ride?

Oddometer:
    That sounds like the perfect ride plan ... especially Domingo's for lunch. If you are riding the 525 with a small group, I would be up for taking a few BIG BIKES on the same route, maybe a slightly slower pace.

Pretty sure the big group staging area on the 10th is Mojave or Cal City which is too far out of the way for us OC guys.
  18. nsfw

Oddometer:
    if you spend anything over $13k, gotta have the drive shaft. tenere or gs...:evil

won't be here till next year, but i love to see the 2014 ktm 1190 adventure...http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/880/14343/Motorcycle-Article/2013-KTM-1190-Adventure-R-First-Look.aspx

[​IMG]

good luck with the search.
  19. nsfw

Oddometer:

sounds good todd.....:clap
  20. dunerat

dunerat WTF? Supporter

Oddometer:
    This place sucks... He asked for " personal experience "goods and bads, and all he gets is what FFs thinks he should buy though there eyes... Sad