The Rimfire Thread

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by notarex, Apr 4, 2009.

1. andy29847

andy29847 Dirt Road Rider

Oddometer:
    Code:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BCXFvE9aVZU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Flys-a-lot

Flys-a-lot Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Nice! I love my take-down!
  3. FPGT72

FPGT72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    GSG (german sport guns) makes all kinds of rimfire guns that look like their big brother centerfire counterparts. I already have one of their 1911's...btw the sig 1911-22 is the same gun.

You can get quite a bit of fun 22's from them...I think american tactical imports them into the US.

the STG is sold out just about everywhere and the shop that I ordered if from both their distributers are out as well...so it may be a bit before I lay fingers on it...but I will update everyone when it gets here.
  4. JeffS77

JeffS77 cheap bastard

Oddometer:

GSG 1911 is a fun gun..my bro has one. Last time we went to the range i couldnt put it down by the time I left my thumb was killing me from loading all the magazines I swear I went through a brick of 500. I had a blast and am accurate as hell with that little gun.
  5. doc_ricketts

doc_ricketts Thumper jockey

Oddometer:
    I have two of them for wife and I. Great guns, never clean, never misfire and great feel. I put an accuracy bushing in front and replaced the recoil rod and spring with aftermarket ones on the first GSG, but never touched the second and have had no problems with action rods breaking like some of the early ones.
  6. YakSpout

YakSpout Obstacle Allusion

Oddometer:
    Another :thumb for the GSG. A guy at a local range was shooting one and we traded for a few shots. It wasn't quite as accurate or easy to shoot as a his buddy's worked MkIII and was a VERY different experience from the SR-22 I was playing with, but damn. That was a fun pistol. Very accurate and I really liked the heft of it.
  7. Boondoggle

Boondoggle Nihilism Matters!

Oddometer:
    bump
  8. Dismount

Dismount Dagnabit billy

Oddometer:
    I love mine.
  9. FPGT72

FPGT72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Such a nice day yesterday....did a little plinking...some old some new. Single shot OLD mauser 22, and my year old but never shot CZ452....I LOVE that cz.....it is just great....don't get me wrong that Mauser is fantastic, but the sights are a little hard on my old eyes....I can still pick up the CZ iron sites pretty well....times when I had to put the mauser down as I just could not focus correctly.

piccy..crappy cell phone pic...they look horrid in this photo.
    [​IMG]
  10. redsport

redsport Adventure Is Out There Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've got the same CZ in the left-handed version. It is one sweet gun.
  11. Hedge36

Hedge36 Long timer

Oddometer:
    So girly and were nosing around at .22 pistols on our way back from the range the other day... I'm kinda leaning toward the P22 because I'm shooting an XDM45 regularly and don't want to jump back and forth that much between my "normal" frame and a 1911 style.

She mentions that she's got an old Ruger .22 in the closet that was a hand-me-down from an old neighbor when she was a kid. Go to her house, dig it out...

It's a Mark I. Built in 1958, gorgeous and will hit a gnat's ass at 50 yards.

So now I'm rethinking .22 purchases. Anybody wanna school me on reasoning between Mark II and Mark III?
  12. ZzyzyxRd

ZzyzyxRd $$$ This Space For Rent $$$

Oddometer:
    That is really cool, who did you order from?

Who makes it?
    :ear
    Glad to see you coming back to shooting, it's the best kind of therapy. :D
  13. Signal

Signal it's such a fine line between stupid and clever

Oddometer:
    My wife bought a mark III a couple years ago. Super accurate, cheap (like 250 out the door) minimal recoil (the bolt cycles, not the slide) and stays on target easy. She really likes it. parts/farkles are everywhere.
    The only con is the takedown is picky, take some getting used to- this can drive true 1911 guys nuts
  14. KeithinSC

KeithinSC Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm jealous of the Mark I !!

If you can find a MkII, get that before the MKIII. The 3 has a loaded chamber indicator that has given some people trouble. IMHO the indicator, along with the 'lawyer speak' stamped into the barrel really kill it aesthetically.

Takedown is a PITA no matter what generation it is:wink:
  15. RED CAT

RED CAT Bumpy Backroader

Oddometer:
    Got a nice Stainless one 2 years ago. Got the blank stainless filler instead of the chamber indicator and a Clark bushing that elimanated all the hassels and made it look better. At least the Mark 3 has the lawyer speak crap stamped under the barrel where it doesn't show. As for stipping it. I have that down to a science and can disassemble and assemble in about a minute. Have a small Bushnell Red Dot on it. Way too much fun. Love shooting golf balls with it. Haven't found anything more fun than that yet. Great gun.
  16. reelfish

reelfish Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have a CZ 452lux in a 22 mag I added a medium base and put a Nikon 3-9 x 40 and with my bad eyes I hold just about a 1in. group at 100 yards using Hornady bullets. I just love that rifle I also put a timminy trigger in it.
  17. Fire Escape

Fire Escape Long timer

Oddometer:

It seemed like they waited decades (until Bill passed on?) to move the 'warning' to the bottom of the barrels. I really thought that they had figured out that aesthetics mattered and that it was costing them business but all the new stuff is coming with a new round of lawyer advised 'safety stuff' like the much bigger than needed loaded round indicators and magazine safetys. Having 2 Mk IIs, I hadn't looked much at the IIIs, do they have a 'key lock' as well? My last two single actions have it but at least it is hidden under the grips. I say that I won't buy a firearm with a (visible) key lock, time may prove me wrong but so far......

Bruce
  18. Hedge36

Hedge36 Long timer

Oddometer:
    :lol3 It's pretty sweet, that's for sure.

The first takedown and reassembly was a bit of a puzzle, but now it's a piece of cake - and kind of a brilliant bit of engineering.
  19. skysailor

skysailor Rat Rider

Oddometer:
    Used to have one. Sold it. Shopping for another one. Then I'm done. I think a Mark III should be in any collection. Then it'll be "All my guns are Rugers" Like "All my ex's live in Texas"!
    Lyle
  20. Fire Escape

Fire Escape Long timer

Oddometer:

I like my Rugers well enough but to say "All my guns are Rugers" would mean no more S&W, Berretta, Glock, H&K, Kimber, Walther or Sig. I just don't think that I could do that. No doubt that I would shoot better if I stopped swapping back and forth, still....to limiting for me.

Bruce