Yooperbikemike's 2013 MotoGP Thread

Discussion in 'Racing' started by yooperbikemike, Nov 11, 2012.

1. SGrider

SGrider Bob's country bunker

Oddometer:
    Of course Rossi had a whole season on the Bridgestone tires before Lorenzo did, the Bridgestone had such an advantage that Pedrosa switched tires mid season.
  2. Clem Kevin

Clem Kevin Long timer

Oddometer:
    But was Rossi crashing left and right and losing to his teammate that first year on the bridgstones?
  3. jm-2008

jm-2008 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Many an opinion to be considered here and doubtless time will have all the answers re Rossi in 2013.
    As much as I would like to see Rossi take another title I believe it's going to be a hard ask for him next year.
    All things considered these riders get up and walk away from most encounters with 'Terra Firma' but to get back into it with fervor after a broken leg, 'issues' with the Ducati (perceived or real) and impending age (we all get slower with age and these guys will be no different) would create doubt in anyones mind re their ability to deliver in the premier class.
    Rossi has shown he can deliver when all the factors line up so here's hoping he still has some of the magic that disappeared on the Ducati.
    These riders are for the greater part made of stuff the rest of us mere mortals were not endoured with so here's hoping for some podium finishes for Rossi.
    If for no other reason he can be/is entertaining and since his absense from the podium most post race rider debriefs have been boring IMHO!
    Pedrosa's new found fervor in the closing stages of this year made for some sadly lacking excitement so hopefully Rossi and the new suspects can add some variety to the podium.
    We (and the sport) will all benefit from the outcome regardless.

My 2C worth

2013 - must check on dates!

Merry Xmas to all.
    Have a safe one and looking forward to input from the learned lurkers and posters during the 2013 season.

JM-2008
  4. HarveyMushman

HarveyMushman Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I had to look that one up. :D
  5. Kropotkin

Kropotkin Big Girl's Blouse Supporter

Oddometer:
    I guess the US equivalent would be turkeys voting for Thanksgiving. Surprised it isn't used in the US, seems like a pretty self-explanatory phrase...
  6. Pecha72

Pecha72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Lorenzo and Pedrosa rode very close to absolute perfection this year. One single mistake by each man in 18 races (and Lorenzo didn't even do that, before he had clinched the title!)... and to do this, while they were NOT cruising around, they were basically disappearing up front from everybody except Stoner most of the time. These two guys will be very, very tough to beat. You take one DNF early on, and you know your chances against them are almost gone.
  7. RichBeBe

RichBeBe All Hail Seitan!!!

Oddometer:
    Let's play a game:
    Marky Mark will win his first race by what round of the championship? Or not a snowballs chance in hell this year he is against aliens.
    My prediction is he wins his first race at Le Mans which is round 4.
  8. HarveyMushman

HarveyMushman Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yes. I'm dense. :lol2
  9. Kropotkin

Kropotkin Big Girl's Blouse Supporter

Oddometer:
    There are many things I might call you, Tim, but dense is not one of them... :D
  10. cogitate

cogitate What Marcellus Wallace Looks Like

Oddometer:
    It has become sorta like a video game. At least the way I play Gran Turismo:lol3
  11. WSobchak

WSobchak Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Libertarians like to use the phrase "2 wolves and a lamb deciding what to eat for dinner" when describing democracy.

Off topic, but I like both sayings.
  12. dontlr

dontlr Banned

Oddometer:
  13. yooperbikemike

yooperbikemike high, wide and handsome

Oddometer:
  14. yooperbikemike

Oddometer:
  15. Pantah

Pantah Jiggy Dog Fan Supporter

Oddometer:
    I think this supercar thing is pretty cool. He's young enough to make his mark in cars. Wardie was 36 when he moved to Indycars and had a strong couple of seasons. CS could certainly exceed Ward. How old was Surtees when he made the jump?
  16. DC2wheels

DC2wheels Castle Anthrax troll Supporter

Oddometer:
    A bit below the dignity of a multi-champion?

Crash.net has this article
    Rossi: Stoner 'started to hate me' after Laguna 2008

Sure, wait until the guy leaves then talk about him.

IMHO, not too classy there, VR
  17. Pecha72

Pecha72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    it's probably true, though. Rossi gave a masterclass that day, Stoner was denied his runaway victory, and the race is remembered well to this day (for good reasons, too).
  18. Joe

Joe Debaser

Oddometer:
    I think MM is going to be the X factor this year, I betting he will be dangerous right from the first race. Maybe not wins but he will be throwing a wrench in the workings and maybe causing some of the regulars to taking risks they normally wouldn't.
  19. yooperbikemike

Oddometer:
    Rookies Cup goes transatlantic in 2013

The Red Bull MotoGP Rookies Cup starts its 7th season with 2 races at the Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas in Austin, Texas on April 20th and 21st. The 14th round season will conclude with 2 races at the Grand Prix of Aragón at the end of September.

During that 7 months the 24 teenagers will once more thrill the racing world with their intense dedication to improving their racing skills and showing themselves ready to move into the World Championship Grand Prix classes.

2013 sees not only a new race track but new machinery as the Cup adopts the KTM 250 RBR 4-stroke Moto3 machine, finally saying goodbye to the 2-stroke KTM RC 125 that has powered so many on their way to GP careers.

The Rookies get their first chance to ride the new machines at 2 Jerez tests, a total of 4 days of pre season testing on February 22nd and 23rd and March 12th and 13th. The new machine is a very close brother to the 2013 factory Red Bull KTM that will be used by the Ajo Motorsport Team that starts the year as reigning World Champions through Sandro Cortese's title in 2012.

There could be no better machine for the Rookies for not only did the KTM take Cortese to 5 victories and a total of 15 podiums last year but it also gave team mates and ex Rookies Danny Kent 2 wins and put Arthur Sissis on the podium in his 1st GP season.

No greater inspiration than that is needed and the young riders that will assemble from across the globe know that they have everything they need to follow the trail to Grand Prix success.

2013 Entry List

3 Diego Perez (ESP)
    6 Corentin Perolari (FRA)
    7 Aris Michail (GER)
    10 Felix Nässi (FIN)
    18 Mario Tocca (ITA)
    19 Tarran Mackenzie (GBR)
    24 Marcos Ramirez (ESP)
    27 Joe Roberts (USA)
    28 Bradley Ray (GBR)
    29 Stefano Manzi (ITA)
    33 Enea Bastianini (ITA)
    34 Jordan Weaving (RSA)
    36 Joan Mir (ESP)
    40 Darryn Binder (RSA)
    45 Olly Simpson (AUS)
    46 Yui Watanabe (JPN)
    50 Lukas Trautmann (AUT)
    54 Toprak Razgatlioglu (TUR)
    64 Anthony Alonso (USA)
    74 Soushi Mihara (JPN)
    88 Jorge Martin (ESP)
    95 Scott Deroue (NED)
    96 Manuel Pagliani (ITA)
    98 Karel Hanika (CZE)
  20. DogBoy

DogBoy Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Really looking forward to following NorCal product Anthony Alonso in the Rookies Cup.