2010 Yamaha Tenere

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Belhamel, Aug 29, 2009.

1. JMo (& piglet)

JMo (& piglet) Unicorn breeder

Oddometer:
    http://www.byehelmets.it/page/dove.php

Seems they are available in a few select countries (but not UK or AUS) - although the global market being what it is, it might be able to get one mail order from somewhere? - try Ebay in the countries listed perhaps?

Jx
  2. regie308

regie308 Long timer

Oddometer:
    That's where i saw that one painted up in yamaha graphics.....
    but if we wore that then we'd be like KTM riders and there matching undies :lol3

Then i'd have to take myself outside and punch myself for doing so :rofl

If bought from overseas via ebay they wont have the required "DOT" approved sticker on them for australian use..... unfortunately
  3. Hardheader

Hardheader Adventurer

Oddometer:
  4. JMo (& piglet)

Oddometer:
    That's fair enough, although how much does that really matter in Aus? I'm currently using a USA DOT Arai Tour-X3 in the UK, and used my EC/ACU Tour-X2 in America... admittedly both helmets are available in either country, so noone really minds, but 'technically' the don't have the correct stickers... and my old VX-Pro doesn't have any stickers on now it's be painted...

As a thought, do you guys have Airoh helmets over there? Their S4 model looks very similar to the BYE/BMW enduro, and is very good value - a number of people in the UK love them...

J x
  5. regie308

regie308 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah your right JMo, most "mr plodd's" wouldn't even bother checking

Yeah we have the Airoh helmets but with the quick look i had, didn't come accross the S4 appart from an ebay listing in the UK, your right they do look similar to the "BYE" bingle beanie.
  6. Wilmo

Wilmo Orange Fever

Oddometer:
    This thread has 90 pages and by my calcs there's only about 5 people that have actually bought Teneres so far.....(?)
  7. Richard H

Richard H XTZ 660

Oddometer:
    And...
  8. JMo (& piglet)

Oddometer:
    Cos it's full of posts from nobbers like this...?

xxx
  9. BurnieM

BurnieM Long timer

Oddometer:
    Would never use my Japanese Tour-X2 onroad, honest :D
  10. regie308

regie308 Long timer

Oddometer:
    So what are you implying?.... that only five tenere's have sold in Australia?

Out of every motorcyclist in Australia only a small percentage actually bother with this forum "bullshit" or "game room" as i like to call it, therefore if your trying to gauge how many tenere's have sold in OZ based on this forum then "Ya doing it wrong"..... :rofl you'll have to ask yamaha OZ to answer that question.

cheers
    Regie
  11. Wilmo

Wilmo Orange Fever

Oddometer:
    I'm not trying to imply anything....just saying this thread is supposed to be about the Tenere but there's very little information actually on the bike to be had here!!!!! Not sure why I waste my time looking at it actually - I hold out a small glimmer of hope that someone with a bike will actually post something of use to an aspiring purchaser, some pictures way out west with it fully loaded, or a ride report talking about likes dislikes etc.

You Tenere lovers are a sensitive bunch aren't ya? :D
  12. AussieMasada

AussieMasada Worlds Slowest Ural

Oddometer:

If you wade through the 80 pages of bullshit about the weight and price you may find a picture or 2 in here. The ten lovers are just another faction of the Katoom and Beemer guys. The only difference is they want to be like us :lurk .
  13. Richard H

Richard H XTZ 660

Oddometer:
    Fair enough. I cannot recall a ride report yet from a new Ten owner.
  14. regie308

regie308 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Geeeeeeez mate what do you mean "sensitive bunch" where in my post was i having a go at you? :huh maybe your being sensitive!

Your original post:
    If you don't want us assuming what your trying to say, then finish your sentence..... so that we don't assume..... (seems logical doesn't it?)

I took a guess at what you were trying to say and offer my comment "in a light hearted manner" hence the rolling laughing face. The way you interpret is your problem alone. :D

Now leaving the shittynes out of it
    There is a fair bit of information about the tenere on here if you sift though the pages, we have had alot of f'wits get on here bagging the bike on a regular basis therefore the decent information is scattered.. unfortunately. I myself and others have put up my likes and dislikes with small ride reports about the bike on here, no one expects you to read through all of them to find it but don't state that information isn't here if you haven't read the thread.
    Maybe what we need is a new dedicated thread of just the pure info that people may be interested in but that will then just turn into another thread just like this...... we can't control people who don't know that they don't know. :evil

As far as a big ride, well i have one planned that i was hoping was going to happen just before xmas but i'm waiting for a mate to buy a dual sport bike before we can go. Its going to be from melb, dargo, tom groggin, bendeathra, batemans bay, hill end, out to camerons corner and then back to melb. If you like.... i'll do a ride report, but i'm sure this has been done many times before.

I must say though as i have been a trail rider for a long time and now just getting myself set-up for ADV riding, upon purchasing my stead i was not aware that it was a requirement to do ride reports, I thought that only happened at school......:rofl just being sarcastic :rofl ...of course i'd do a RR ....time permitting though.

In defence of others it's obviously a timing thing, just because the bike has been purchased doesn't mean it has to head off straight away for a tour of duty does it? i'm sure if someone gave them time off work, and the family, and some cash then i'm sure they could blast off on a big ride for ya.

Give it time mate it'll happen
    Just remembered a couple of separate instances of some blokes that have headed out to cam corner before chrissy on new tenere's, but they didn't do a RR as such. Looks like they'll be kept down a year for not doing so....:rofl

cheers
    regie
  15. ozbikedude

ozbikedude Long timer

Oddometer:
    Can ya tell me what it is that i dont know that i dont know that i d............,still waitin for a r/r what ever that is,maybe the tenere boys are to busy riding to do a r/r what ever that is??
  16. regie308

regie308 Long timer

Oddometer:
    :rofl :rofl :rofl
  17. ozbikedude

ozbikedude Long timer

Oddometer:
    seriously they are a great looking bike and by most reports go pretty good too,there seems to be a fair bit of info on them in this thread if ya prepared to look through a bit of b/s and banter ,wouldnt mind getting one myself one day but for the moment will have to make do with what i got in the shed.Whats the comfort factor like (seat,bar postion,pegs?)can ya ride on for hours?
  18. BAP

BAP Formally FYREGUY73

Oddometer:
    I just did a 400k ride. Some dirt some road. The bike rides really well. I have after market pro taper bars and some other mods. I am looking at changing the screen to a higher PUIG one as I get some turbulance from the stock screen. I have ordered some pivot pegz after i saw them on Ron Grants ride and they look the shizill!! The seat is realy nice. Some people dont like the seat as it keeps you in one spot, but as it is a adv bike you really dont move around that much, well i dont anyway. The bike, in my humble opinion is pretty good for what it is made for. Sure it could be lighter, have more horse power, different seat or even painted orange,:rofl but it isnt so like what you've got or trade it in. That bit at the end is left over anger from all the tools who write shit on here about a bike they havnt ridden or even looked at.:evil
  19. ozbikedude

ozbikedude Long timer

Oddometer:
    i have a eagle screen on the dr, 400mm touring screen works well have been mucking around with angles shifting it forward about a inch and away at the top about 2-3 inches takes the wind off the chest and shoulders and the rest goes over the helmet peak (just)could maybe a bit taller screen (450mm).
  20. regie308

regie308 Long timer

Oddometer:
    G'day there ozbikedude,

The standard setup is quite comfy for a kick-off, the std alloy bars are good enough to leave there unless you want them higher for standing/riding position then you'll either need risers (i got 30mm rise/my height 185cm) or new bars with higher rise.

Pegs are fine if ya sit on ya bum all the time but for standing they are too small... short is a better word so some other peg source is in order for standing/riding. (and ya don't have to buy expensive pegs either.. there are other options) which hopefully tomorrow i'll get time to put them on the bike tomorrow and take pics to put on here "wilmo will be pleased:rofl "

The seat, well its like a couch compared to the WR seat but on one hand i like the split level for the times when the hugs and kisses gets on the back, on the other when its just myself i'd rather the hump not there as i think it contributes to getting a sore tail bone. (for me anyway)
    One day I done about 100kms before having a quick break "not sore at this stage" next stage with a bit of standing/riding i did about 150kms before a half hr stop "getting a bit sore now, but ok" and then a final leg home of 150kms yeah the soreness was getting to me but i just putt it to the back of my mind and kept flogging the kms off. got home after doing 400kms.... yep i was sore but later that night i was good again and i could have got back on the bike the next day.
    I think my ass would be the same on many different bikes as i thinks its just my ass.

I think for long days on the seat, hrs at a time, if your like me..... you may need an air hawk or take the seat to a dude that does seats :evil he may have some tricky foam to go inside :evil

cheers
    regie