Central OH: Noob wants to buy a riding buddy....

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by rich_mc, Nov 1, 2007.

1. rich_mc

rich_mc Full Fledged MEM-Ber

Oddometer:
    OK, so I've done a couple rides with y'all, but I need/want another one.

I've got this little Yammie running like a top and really wanna go on another ride similar to the Fall Frolic or COCR ride, or even a bit rougher:evil

Now for that buying a riding buddy thing: I'm off work next week and wanna ride a day or so. Is there anybody out there willing to teach me a few tricks, show me a few trails and/or crappy roads, and just generally hang out and ride for a day? I'm willing to buy breakfast, lunch, dinner, prostitu...nevermind...:evil for anybody that is up for helping a brother out with building some more riding skills...

I live in Urbana (in the flat-boring lands just north of Springfield), so I'll probably haul the TT350 to wherever your choice of starting point is.

Let me know. Thanks,
    Rich
  2. bruceride

bruceride City Boy

Oddometer:
    The CMH-moto guys were planning a SEO gravel road tour this weekend. It might not be as challenging as some of the ride two seeks ago, but Mark usually leads a fun ride. If you're not already on the mailing list sign up at CMH-moto.org. I'd be going if I was gonna be in town.

And hey, you don't even have to pay 'em. :D
  3. rich_mc

Oddometer:
    Hadn't heard about that site before. I'll have to go check it out.

Problem is: I'm tied up this weekend. My wife recently got a new-to-her GS500E and she wants me to go out riding with her this weekend. I'm more than happy to do so, but that limits us to paved routes only.

So, the question still remains: Any of you gonna be holding a "Will Work for Food" sign at an exit ramp one day next week? If so, let me know and I'll put you to work as the tour guide/off-roading instructor.

Thanks,
    Rich
  4. lorazepam

lorazepam Two fisted burger

Oddometer:
    ping meef. He would be happy to be your bitch for a day :lol3 Probably wednesday or thursday, those are his days off.
  5. rich_mc

Oddometer:
    Will do....Thanks for the tip......
  6. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    I happen to be free next Wed / Thurs, how's about a little ride in Knox / Coshocton Counties? I know some stuff....:wink: PM sent.
  7. 9Dave

9Dave Bazinga!

Oddometer:
    You won't be disappointed, Rich. And you can buy the pie!

Oh, and how do you feel about riding through rivers.:lol3 That'll be a new skill for ya.

Wish I could go along, but that work thing screws up my mid-week.

Dave
  8. rob748

rob748 resident alien !!!!

Oddometer:
    just keep your eyes open for ride threads, we will be rding all winter
    we all started as a noob

PS make sure you have a strong right hand to keep up with Meef on the road :evil
  9. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    Hello, on a 250 here! Maxes out at 70! :lol3
  10. ohioroadrat

ohioroadrat It`s YOUR fault !

Oddometer:
    Weren`t you on the 250 when you passes the slow Harley rider on the right hand berm at 70mph?:evil
  11. rich_mc

Oddometer:
    PM sent back.....
  12. rich_mc

Oddometer:
    I'm open to trying to ride across a river.....Never really done more than about a 10' wide stream, but how hard can it be??:rofl

I hope the pie's good......
  13. rich_mc

Oddometer:
    Will do - I'll be watching and hoping to pick up a few more over the winter....It's a bummer that I just got the little bike right toward the end of the regular season....Oh well - I usually ride all year anyway, it just is normally by myself since none of my regular riding compadres are tough/crazy/stupid enough to go out when there is snow on the ground.

As far as the right hand goes, I raced a Honda Ruckus in the True Grits 50cc Fun Run, so I think I know a thing or two about WFOT....:evil
  14. rich_mc

Oddometer:
    I love stuff like that. Last year, my wife had a 250 Reflex Honda Scooter and we were out for a ride. We were down on 41 just north of the Ohio River and a deer jumps across the road behind me and in front of her. She'd only been riding for less than 2000 miles and ended up locking the rear and lowsiding while seeing hooves right by her head....

Anyway, we get her up and get her bike up. She's fine, and I'd almost recovered from my heart attack, and we ride to a Walmart. She goes in to get first aid stuff and patches herself up in the bathroom (full gear except she was wearing jeans, and did skin up her knee a bit).

So after all this, she's riding a 250 scooter that was just lowsided and she did her own medical work, and still manages to pass a guy on a Dyna FXLTGRPAGTEDFGHT on the way home.....Yeah, she's cool......:clap
  15. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    Looks like Wednesday 11-7-07, 9:15 am at my house or 10:00 am in Danville at Dave's Place BP at the 4-way stop signs at US62 / SR514.

All invited. Easy to medium dual sport / dirt.

:ear
  16. 9Dave

9Dave Bazinga!

Oddometer:
    Didn't say across - I think the term was "through"!:eek1 Just follow Meef. You'll get the idea.:D

And the pie is excellent.:thumb

Dave
  17. rich_mc

Oddometer:
    Hmmmm.....I'm starting to get the feeling I might get arrested next Wednesday....and Meef may not even be the one that does it..... :evil
  18. blimpman

blimpman Fla Trail & Adventure Rider

Oddometer:
  19. rob748

rob748 resident alien !!!!

Oddometer:
    the river was realy running fast but the real problem was the bottom was like ice, that KLR nearly went down stream but he saved it
  20. buildit

buildit Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer:
    Rich,
    If we get time on a weekend we'll have to do the RR bed. Parts are too overgrown to ride now but there is at least 8 miles that is clear for high speed running.:ricky