Guitar thread

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by rajflyboy, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Hayduke

Hayduke ///SAFETY THIRD/// Supporter

Oddometer:
    They are making that special run again; I ordered one, and it should arrive via ups any minute! :D
  2. cjbiker

cjbiker Nobody's Robot

Oddometer:
    I've got a Baja Tele on the way. I can't wait!
  3. Hayduke

Oddometer:
    It's here! :freaky
  4. Hayduke

Oddometer:
  5. Ursa Major

Ursa Major Bemused

Oddometer:
    That's beautiful. I love "natural" guitars, not a fan of sunburst, etc., and the butterscotch blonde adds a nice touch. I've read a few times that Fender (and others) select the wood for natural finishes more carefully, since the grain shows up in a way it won't on black, red, etc.
  6. Chuck289

Chuck289 Air cooled

Oddometer:
    It has arrived! Congrats!. Damn that thing looks awesome
  7. Klay

Klay dreaming adventurer

Oddometer:
    That there is what a real guitar looks like.
  8. Tripped1

Tripped1 Smoove, Smoove like velvet.

Oddometer:
    I don't like tele's. Never have.

No accounting for taste, but I'm a Lew Paul man.
  9. RedRocker

RedRocker Native Texican Supporter

Oddometer:
    Is that Les's less well known brother? :evil
  10. Tripped1

Oddometer:
    No its PUIs bastard son. (I work thrid shift) :D
  11. Hayduke

Oddometer:
    I like les paul's too... but not the weight. :uhoh And the humbuckers didn't give me the sound I wanted. Plus; the neck on the tele just feels more natural to me.

I'm loving this thing. The simple controls are nice; and I really like the reversed switches. I haven't played tele's enough to be used to the "normal" way, but this feels pretty natural, having the volume knob up front, right within pinkie reach.

It has that twang, for sure, but plenty of warm tones. Sounds good with some twang, or with some crunch dialed in on the amp. I think it will be really versatile. Not sure how different it is from a standard tele, but the tele forums claim that the hotter pickups on this model are a bit warmer. :dunno
  12. Tripped1

Oddometer:
    I have an SL, its more or less the what would happen if a LP Standard fucked an SG and I love it.

Not quite as well rounded tonally as a real Les Paul Stardard but close enough for government work, and your shoulder isn't dying after three songs.
  13. Hayduke

Oddometer:
    My Dad has a '74 LP that he bought new and gigged with several nights a week for probably 20 years. He finally went to lighter guitars. He claims it's my only inheritance, so he'd better take care of it. :lol3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  14. Nytelyte

Nytelyte Somewhere about

Oddometer:
    I have a Jackson DK3 that I bought as a HS graduation present for myself in 2002. It belonged to an airline pilot that bought it new and hung it on the wall, was utterly immaculate when I got it. I've played it on and off since.

Found out yesterday that it is 1 of 300 produced. I'll admit in this day and age of mass production, its kind of neat to have something like that.
    Although now I don't know if I should play it or wrap it up. :rofl Just kidding, I'm playing it. :D
    It really is a sweet guitar. Fast neck, tones out well. I have a bit of crackle in the plug (need to open it up and find if there is a loose connection) and a bit of fret buzz that I would like to clean up, but that is above my knowledge, and I don't know where to take it.
    I also have a cheap samic acoustic that I call the 'campfire guitar' that I won in a raffle for $5 that I need to get the action lowered on, it would make it much more friendly to play.
    My wife is musical as well and brought in a mid 1970s (6, I think *edit, its either a 64 or 65 based on the one picture I have) Fender Jaguar that her father bought new and a really nice sounding acoustic from a company owned by Martin (I don't remember the name off the top of my head) that would benefit from some action work as well.
    We also have a trumpet, alto sax, violin, 1919 player piano (I'm rehabbing the player action, which is a nightmare of tubing), and a keyboard. Music is fun. :freaky
  15. Josephvman

Josephvman I'm the Decider Supporter

Oddometer:
  16. Hayduke

Oddometer:
  17. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Very nice. Looks like it's had a re-fret. Nice checkering. Looks like it has a lot of mojo.

Here's one; http://www.wildwoodguitars.com/products/102431730.php?CategoryID=48&n=1

They have a Tele as well; http://www.wildwoodguitars.com/products/us12188020.php?CategoryID=48&n=0
  18. Nytelyte

Nytelyte Somewhere about

Oddometer:
    Pictures:
    Jackson DK3 and Fender Jaguar
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And I was wrong about this. Its an Oscar Schmidt by Washburn.
    [​IMG]
  19. Murphy Slaw

Murphy Slaw Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice Lester, Hayduke.
  20. cjbiker

cjbiker Nobody's Robot

Oddometer:
    I picked up my new Baja Telecaster today. 7lbs, 4oz of sweet Tele goodness!

[​IMG]

I've got a set of Glendale saddles on order. I'm thinking of putting humbuckers in it, since I have another Tele with Nocasters in it. I've got a Seymour Duncan Jazz humbucker and a Lil 59 that will drop right in the bridge. I'll have to route the body for the neck pickup and replace the pickguard.