Goodbye April Pachaug Dualspork Camp-n-Ride

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by akarob, Mar 19, 2013.

1. grind

grind Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm in.

Can anyone tell me a little more about the camping sites? Grassy fields? Wooded? Picnic tables? Also, according to the state web site it says there are only 22 sites available on a first come first served basis. No reservations accepted?
  2. motogo1

motogo1 I don't want a pickle,...

Oddometer:
    I have an 06 TE610 with over 20,000 miles on it. Trust me, it's the right tool for the job. From all the Pachaug trails to as many road miles as you want to do. My tires recommendation is a Pirelli MT43 trials tire on the rear. It will be good for 95% of the riding you do from rocks to 100+ on the highway. Lasts a long time too. Front is up to you. MT21 is a good choice. Be careful of breaking the rear subframe with too much weight. There is a TE610 owners thread with all the info you could possibly want on Advrider.
  3. akarob

akarob Rob

Oddometer:
    That is correct. The sites have a picnic table and a fire pit. Up to 6 people can camp at each site. They are fairly decent sized, semi private, wooded sites. I'll have one or two sites reserved Friday afternoon for everyone, overflow will have to fill in remaining sites. 2 or 3 sites should do it. It's about $14 for residents, so it's best to let a local put their name on the site and then just chip in on the cost.
  4. Dirt Roads

Dirt Roads Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Works for me! Camping sure isn't as cheap as it used to be.
    Five guys is good, but really, anything would be.
    Really, really, really looking forward to this. :clap
  5. alcontrast

alcontrast at least I'm trying

Oddometer:
    If I can get there relatively early I try to grab a site adjacent to the one or two Rob has claimed.. If I get there late others from ADV usually grab an extra site or two so there has always been enough space for tents and bikes.. If a lot of people haul their bikes in (reccommended if you want to focus on hard core trail riding) with a truck or trailer you may have to unload at a campsite and park your vehicle a short distance away in a larger parking area.. They have a limit of 2 or 3 cars/trucks per site but no limit for bikes parked at a site.. Well, perhaps there is a limit for bikes but we haven't reached it yet!
  6. lilolita

lilolita fahr mit mir

Oddometer:
    moto, are you going to be at the CNR? If so, I will definitely want to check out the '06 TE. I bake so put an order in ahead of time :D
  7. ChrisRiedinger

ChrisRiedinger Specialized

Oddometer:
    DR350 not cutting the mustard??
  8. akarob

akarob Rob

Oddometer:
    I'm really most excited about the fact that this will be the first time ill be camping off the bike. It's a learning process, something that takes a bit of planning and prep. Especially the first time. It'll be nice to have it worked outwith a checklist. The ride and relaxing in the evening are the reward for all the hard work.
  9. motogo1

Oddometer:
    I might take a ride down if the weather is nice. Yeah, I'm getting old and wimpy. What day is it?
  10. akarob

akarob Rob

Oddometer:
    Same day as the Putnam Turkey Run, see post #1. Your best bet is late Saturday afternoon if you're just visiting.
  11. CO-or-bust

CO-or-bust Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Temporary: Jersey (long story...), Goal: 'rado
    Thanks "Motogo1". "it's the right tool for the job" is JUST what I wanted to hear --- especially from someone with 20,000 miles on their own TE610 :deal. MT43 for rear ordered and sticking with the 75% life MT21 up front. Thanks also to a couple others who chimed in with advice.

Can't wait for the riding, the camping, the food, the booze, and the all-important BS'ing... :freaky
  12. motogo1

Oddometer:
    Carrot cake please..:D
  13. Dirt Roads

Dirt Roads Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yes, there is something very satisfying about traveling and being self-sufficient about it. Part of the fun is that you will likely continue to plan and prep as you try little bit different arrangements for your setup. At least I seem to end up screwing with it form time to time.
  14. nobody

nobody motomaniac Supporter

Oddometer:
    Now that there is a killer...first one of the year too....:cry
  15. akarob

akarob Rob

Oddometer:
    With my shoulder, I wanted to wait until the Rock Ride to give it 100% on the little bike. I'll see you up at Central Cycle Club the morning of 5/12. No CnR that weekend, I promise.
  16. lilolita

lilolita fahr mit mir

Oddometer:
    oh no, I loooove this bike. I want a bigger bike for our long-distance riding; I've been looking for an '06 TE610 in New England/mid-Atlantic for months, and there's nothing suitable. And yes, it has to be an '06.

Just got a recipe from someone I work with who swears it's the bee knees and a cherry on top. Let's hope my 50 year old oven doesn't burn it!

I'm really looking forward to this CNR...so many new folks!
  17. Boianovich

Boianovich Old and Cautious

Oddometer:
    Not to nitpick easy to follow directions, but
    Shouldn't they be "Left a Spork"
  18. Dirty in all

Dirty in all Adrenaline Junkie

Oddometer:
    lol!
  19. Rusty Rocket

Rusty Rocket Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer:
    Why an '06. because of the carb or the color?
  20. Drewha

Drewha Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Oh it'll be the color :ricky