Can you turn off the dashboard on a 660/665?

Discussion in 'Mapping & Navigation' started by Emoto, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Emoto

Emoto Sure, why not?

Oddometer:
    Can you turn off all of the dashboard fields? Or make them really small or transparent?

Just curious.
  2. Countdown

Countdown Long timer

Oddometer:
    Are you asking if you can change the data items displayed in boxes over the map page?

If so I think the answer is no. Unlike the hand helds which the user can choose how many and which ones of a list of a hundred (I like glide ratio), Garmin thinks that users of street GPS units are not smart enough to set these fields and they do it for you and you better like it.
  3. Emoto

Emoto Sure, why not?

Oddometer:
    Yes, by "dashboard" I meant those fields like speed, direction, etc. I like to see as much map as possible, and so I do not always wish to have a bunch of text data fields obscuring map detail. On my Montana, I can cause all of the fields to go away, leaving me with a full view of the map, or I can have the fields be there if I want. I was hoping to confirm how much or how little the 66X series allows similar display changes.
  4. dlh62c

dlh62c Long timer

Oddometer:
    On the 62s, dashboard changes are made under the 'Setup Map' screen. When I change the 'Data Fields' to '0'. All I see is the map on the GPS screen.

On the 62s, I can set the 'Data Fields' to display 0, 1 Large, 2 Small, 4 Small, Dashboard or Custom.

Hope that helps!

daryl
  5. Grinnin

Grinnin Forever N00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    In the "Setup" menu and the "Display" submenu there are supposed to be options for "More Data" and "Less Data".

It's in plain sight only if you know what they mean by those terms. You won't find it by searching the very logical "dashboard".

Neither setting may be as "off" as you'd like.

You can also apparently make the fields transparent and move them to the corners of the screen:
    [​IMG]