Motorcyclists stranded in Boise City OK

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by old2wheeler, Sep 7, 2013.

1. old2wheeler

old2wheeler Former nÔÔb

Oddometer:
    La Veta, CO except for the wind, it'd be heaven
    Just got an email from a couple on a BMW stranded in Boise City OK (48 miles north of Dalhart TX). They are 200 miles S.E. of my town (La Veta, CO). I am wondering if there are any ADV members in/near Boise City or Dalhart?

They just this morning discovered their rear tire has threads showing through! I have a 17 inch BT20 that is well worn, but serviceable and have a tire changer, but not clear whether they have enough tread to make it here.

Any ideas?

Best wishes,

Rod House
    719-7 four 2-3 three 3 4

Here is a copy of their email:

"This is a message from Maro7ak at ADVrider ( http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php ). The ADVrider owners cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of the email.

To email Maro7ak, you can use this online form:
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=285351

OR, by email:
    mailto:Maro7ak@gmail.com

This is the message:

Hi Rod,

We ( Marty & Sarah) are riding two up on Marty's BMW r1150r Rockster. We were on our way to Denver when this morning the threads on the rear tire decided to show themselves. We don't really want to risk riding anywhere in case of a blow out and there are no shops or garages that would even possibly be able to service us for at least an hour or more ride away. We are still a bit new to ADVrider but have tented with 3 other Inmates along our journey from NC. Any assistance, advice, ideas of any kind would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks so much!
    Marty & Sarah
    Emails, texts and calls welcome!
    910-813-6589"
  2. hook0924

hook0924 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    They will make Denver

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 4
  3. elmo1205

elmo1205 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    We are no longer stranded in Boise City, OK! Thank you to Old2Wheeler for the rescue and all the other responses we got from ADVriders looking to help out! We will be back on the road again in no time.