Suzuki TU250 - anyone seen/ride one?

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by anomad, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Rhompin45

Rhompin45 Rhompin45

Oddometer:
    I have the 16 41 setup with a 4.1x18 rear tire it's the shinko 244? I think like a all terrain tire. it will do 80 in 4 and 5th gear. On a flat road with no wind. But I wouldn't recomend that tire size with that gearing its a little to tall. It works ok for me sence 90% of my riding is freeway. And it's flat and usually not much wind here.
  2. NJ-Brett

NJ-Brett Brett Supporter

Oddometer:
    With that tire, a 16-43 sprocket setup works well.
    Dual sport tires will lower speed some from rolling resistance.

3. Chaplain

Chaplain Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I find that I like the 16T front, stock rear sprocket and the one size larger than stock tire. With the 15T front sprocket and a 120/90 tire I am searching for 6th gear. Not so much with the 16T front. As with all things, YMMV.
  4. epb

epb Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This thread is almost six years old and today, for the first time, I saw someone riding a TU250X. :)
  5. NJ-Brett

NJ-Brett Brett Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have seen one parked in Egg Harbor city once, never saw one moving...
  6. Prettyboy

Prettyboy I drink and I know things

Oddometer:
    I still haven't seen anybody else on one, even at my MSF I was on the only TUx.
  7. Calamity Jesus

Calamity Jesus n0ob

Oddometer:
    I never saw anyone else with one when I lived up in the mountains (NC), but have seen one young (college age) couple riding one after moving to a metro area and another ratted out at a Cars n Coffee.. built by a local cafè club guy for his wife as her first bike.

Naturally, we talked about how it was one of the best bikes on the market. I rode my Bonneville but spent all my time talking TUx. . His wife said it was incredibly fun and unintimidating. :clap
  8. NJ-Brett

NJ-Brett Brett Supporter

Oddometer:
    I am almost at 22,000 miles, and was out tonight on it and I still love it.
    Its more fun then my new SR400 I think.
  9. CDNbiker

CDNbiker Lost in Space

Oddometer:
    I have yet to see one anywhere except at a dealer or a bike show. A rare bird indeed...
  10. Rhompin45

Rhompin45 Rhompin45

Oddometer:
    Nj u ended up getting the sr400 I know you talked about it a while back. I saw one at my local deal a month or so back they are cool looking. How does it compare with the tu? Mpg and top end? I picked up an older xr650 to go with my tu a couple months ago. I still ride the tu the most but I wanted something to do some off road stuff with. I really like it and its a blast down rocky forest trails But with the 35mpg and 100 mile fuel range (with a bigger aftermarket tank) I kinda wish I would of gotten one that was a 250cc
  11. James Cook

James Cook O.H.M.S

Oddometer:
    Like most bike purchases you spend a fair bit of thinking time on what you want.I came to the conclusion I wanted a bike for the simple pleasure of
    riding without expectation.Fastest,best handling,eye appeal,the list of wants in a bike goes on and so does the list of disappointments.
    Mine has done 10,000K now,it is all I need in a road bike.

[​IMG]
    mysz74 likes this.
  12. clydeo

clydeo n00b

Oddometer:
    I have had my TUX for three years, and I had never seen another one outside of a showroom. But while my wife and I were on a two up two week camping tour of the Outer Banks, a guy named Mike pulled upon another a TUX and introduced himself. He had been on the road for months, and had put thousands of miles on his bike, putting our own 1400 miles into a proper perspective. We shared notes and agreed that the TUX made a great touring bike, as long as one wasn't in a huge hurry. So hi, Mike, whever you are. Enjoy the ride!
  13. blugg1

blugg1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ironically, I found out today that there's one in my town (pop. 5,000), same silver/black, has been here for over a year AND I HAVE YET TO SEE IT!
  14. Rhompin45

Rhompin45 Rhompin45

Oddometer:
    Hey Blugg you don't live to far from me. Maybe in a couple months when it cools off ill go down and ride by you so you can see one :-)
  15. blugg1

blugg1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great. When you do, PM me and I'll give you my mobil number.

Also, I think Jerry H lives in Chandler. Have you two ever met?
  16. Motocicleta

Motocicleta Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Saw one once, about a month ago. A lot of people don't know what they're missing.
  17. Rhompin45

Rhompin45 Rhompin45

Oddometer:
    No we haven't.
  18. shipman

shipman don't sweat minutiae

Oddometer:
    I've only seen one other TU250 in motion here in North Texas.

My TU is about to turn 3 years old, I bought it on 09/30/2011 and am about to roll over 21,000 miles. It's never given me any problems, even after running into a guardrail at 35mph! :D
  19. XLXRider

XLXRider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well, my colleague from work took a new, better job in LA (Lower Alabama) and his TUX no longer sits next to mine in my garage, so that's the only one I've ever seen on the road besides mine...
  20. BenDanger

BenDanger Ben

Oddometer:
    I saw one in Chicago, flagged the guy down and had a nice talk, saw another in Eugene, OR, but the guy wasn't very chatty.

My exhaust valve took a shit on me at 39,000 miles, split off and wrecked the piston, cylinder, and head. Anybody got a line on a junker bike with a harvestable top end?