Shindengen mosfet fh020aa regulator/rectifier

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Jhammer, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Jhammer

Jhammer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    Hello, I sell a universal SHINDENGEN MOSFET FH020AA REGULATOR/RECTIFIER KITS.
    Works with all 12-volt systems with a 2 or 3 wire stator can handle up to 50amp max 30amp continuous.
    The kits I sell are currently all universal. In the future I may make up some bike specific kits if needed. We have had very good luck with the universal kit. It comes with complete instructions. I'm here to answer any questions you have here on the ADV forum,there is also more info on my website.
    Kits sell for $121.00 on my website here is a link http://motoelectrixcom.myshopify.com/
  2. Jhammer

Jhammer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I would like to make up a kit specific for the new BMW GS800. I have read here on the ADV forums many of you that have installed this regulator.
    I have seen the simple adapter brackets made.
    Not owning a GS800 I do not have the correct dimensions to build this bracket. If someone who has made one of these brackets could send me a full dimensioned print I will send them a regulator kit for free. Please understand I can only do this to one person.
    Thanks
    Jason
  3. ebrabaek

ebrabaek Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi Jason.
    I am the guy that bought the kit for the f800gs....and posted a how to thread in the parallel universe. I would like to help in any way I could....bracket....or connectors. Have you seen the thread I posted? I am out of town until this Saturday...but could help out after that....
  4. tmotten

tmotten Lefthand ride Dutchy

Oddometer:
    I haven't done my home work yet, so forgive me for asking, but will this solve the charging issues on the single cylinder F650 GS range, they share the same VR that the F800 has although the stator is probably different.

My understanding is that the VR is rated below 14v compatible with gel batteries where AGM and LiFePo4 batteries require over 14v.
  5. Jhammer

Jhammer Been here awhile

Oddometer:

That would be great! Thanks I have read your thread you have done a nice job on your install, the bracket is what I need help with. I do not have access to a f800gs so I need the dimensions I'm wanting to make these brackets out of stainless steel, aluminum would be ok but there would be to much cost in the machining. The stainless I can laser cut and bend on a break. I already have any connectors needed , do you know what gauge the wire is coming from the stator? I'm guessing 14 to 16 gauge by the pictures.
  6. Jhammer

Jhammer Been here awhile

Oddometer:

I have sold my kits to customers that have installed them on the F650gs
    with no issues. I do not have any made up specifically for that model just the universal kits. I'm wanting to work on making up more specific kits to help my customers install these easier, for most it is just an adapter bracket.

As far as the voltage needed to charge certain batteries I cannot tell you for sure, what I do know is this mosfet regulator is used on most all late model Yamaha's some with lead acid and some with AGM batteries the regulator puts out 14 to 14.7 volts and works great with those 2 types of batteries.
  7. ebrabaek

ebrabaek Long timer

Oddometer:
    Awesome.... I can either Maker a drawing with the dimensions needed or send you the Carbon Fiber bracket I made. Just let me know. Only thing I want to mention with the CF bracket.... the angles are not matching perfect with the edges of the R/R......but you can correct that easily having the R/R in hand. The mounting holes are perfect....and that is what is important for you to generate a new bracket from.
  8. Vicks

Vicks gets stuck in sand

Oddometer:
    Jhammer,

I'm intending to buy a FH020AA for my KTM 990Adv and i think i found the best price on your website. I want to build a spare RR kit which i can carry as a replacement Plug-n-Play unit for the stock one.

For this purpose, i understand i will need the below :

1 x FH020AA RR unit with connectors link
    1 x battery connection cable with 2 x 12AWG wires. Ring terminals at the battery end and Furukawa connector on the RR end.
    1 x Stator connection with 3 x 14AWG wires, Furukawa connector at the RR end and ??? connector at the other end for the stock stator harness connector.

Issue is, i dont know what kinda connector is on the stock stator harness and where to find one. Could you let me know where i can buy this connector on line or better, if you have one with you, i would like to buy it along with the RR unit.

cheers
  9. Jhammer

Jhammer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm not sure what type of connector your KTM uses, easternbeaver.com has a good variety, you may be able to fined them there.
    I know include (3) 3m heat shrink connectors for 14-16 gauge wire, if you need to add to your stator wire length. Let me know if there is anything else I can help you out with.
    Thanks
    Jason
  10. JRWooden

JRWooden never attribute to malice...

Oddometer:
  11. Vicks

Vicks gets stuck in sand

Oddometer:
    I tried Eastern beaver and found nothing yet. Here's a pic of the RR side connector for the stock stator harness on the KTM. Do you know what connector this is ?
    [​IMG]
  12. Jhammer

Jhammer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sorry I do not know who makes that connector for KTM.
  13. Jhammer

Jhammer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I now have my Mosfet r/r adapters ready, they will fit the BMW F650GS, F700GS & F800GS to 2012, IT looks like they have changed r/r location 2013 models. The brackets are made from 6061 alum and have a hard black anodized finish.
    Your original hardware will work with this bracket. I will sell the bracket by itself for $24.00 plus shipping. I also will be selling the bracket as a kit with the regulator and connectors and wire included.
    The link below has info on the new bracket posted by ADV member ebrabaek who has helped me design this bracket, a big thanks goes out to ebrabaek he is a very talented and nice guy.
    Let me know if you have any questions, I will post a link to where you can purchase them later today.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781564&page=12
  14. dnrobertson

dnrobertson Big Bike, Slow Rider

Oddometer:
  15. Jhammer

Jhammer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bracket listing link:
    http://motoelectrixcom.myshopify.com/collections/shindengen-r-r-bracket-for-bmw-f650gs-f700gs-f800gs

16. Vicks

Vicks gets stuck in sand

Oddometer:
    Couldn't find the exact connector KTM uses on the LC8's but that is a GREAT source of information. Thanks a lot for that David. I'd like to share this link on Orange Crush as well and i hope you don't mind me doing so.
  17. Jhammer

Jhammer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  18. fernan_ci

fernan_ci Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  19. gravityisnotmyfriend

gravityisnotmyfriend °.°.°.°.°.°.°.°.°.°.

Oddometer:

Can you tell me if this system will work on a '94 KTM 620 EXC? It's odd that it's a 3 phase generator, but part of the 3 phase stays AC and runs the ignition, and some of the 3 phase gets rectified to DC.

I've already bought a universal R/R for single phase AC and it didnt' work.

Any help would be great! I'll send you a PM as well - I really need to get this bike back on the road.

Thanks,
    Gravity

ETA:
    What's the difference between this:
    http://motoelectrixcom.myshopify.co...cts/shindengen-fh012aa-regulator-w-connectors

and this:
    http://motoelectrixcom.myshopify.co...dengen-mosfet-fh012aa-regulator-rectifier-kit

Is the only difference in the more expensive one the extra wires, connectors and fuse block? Is the R/R itself the same?
  20. ebrabaek

ebrabaek Long timer

Oddometer:
    Could you post a picture of the R/R on your 640.... The R/R are really generic, and as long as you dont go down in capacity. Ie... your old one was capable of 40 amps, the new one....only 30 amps, then you should be able to cross brand them. I am not aware of any AC that does not get rectified to DC....