Got the Winter Blues? Come to Southern California for a Fly and Ride Adventure!

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Lost Roadie, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Lost Roadie

Lost Roadie High-Tech Meets Low Class Supporter

Oddometer:
    Lake Isabella, CA USA / Mai Chau, Vietnam
    Being originally from the Midwest I know all too well what winter does to the soul when I couldn't get LOST on my bike.
    What I'm offering here is an opportunity for anyone who wants escape the Madness of Winter and fly into LA with just your riding gear and go an ADVenture with me.
    You can have a one on one personalized riding experience with my full attention to your having a good time.
    Why go pay big bucks to eat dust and have to wait for a large group to get moving constantly on a preplanned route?...

Let me take you on the ride of your life!

Want to explore Death Valley, discover some western ghost towns, hidden cabins, abandoned mines, and random desert art or other interesting finds?
    All around one of the largest and most scenic National Parks in the United States that I have intimate knowledge of, taking you places you wont find on any map or in a tourist guide book. My extensive experience means that I can lead you down roads most fitting for your skill and comfort level on a safe, enjoyable ride.

Want to ride single track trails in the nearby mountains?

How about getting LOST in the Mojave desert?

Or a scenic and relaxed ride up the Pacific Coast Highway or in the Malibu Canyons on the infamous "Snake"?

How about going to one of the many winter ADV rallies coming up?

Have an extra day while here on business? We can do day rides too, plenty of places to explore within a few hours of the city, some even closer.

Besides having intimate knowledge of the area I have 4 bikes for you to choose from, and can supply all the high quality camping gear you’ll need to be comfortable.

Each ride will be custom tailored to what kind of riding YOU want to do, no pre-planned exact routes until YOU decide what you want. I will share the proposed routes while preplanning for you to review and approve. You decide how long and what kind of riding, I'll plan the entire trip and take you to amazing places.

All street or mostly dirt, hardcore remote trails or casual street rides and anywhere in between.
    We can make it as challenging or as relaxed as you'd like. Beautiful scenery with amazing roads/trails are guaranteed.

You choose if we backcountry camp in remote places you wont find on any map, seek out hidden cabins or stay in modern campgrounds with showers and amenities, or even stay in hotels if you prefer, though at your expense. Mixing it up too is OK, both in accommodations and types of bikes or riding. Want to spend two days in the dirt, then a two days street ride up the coast or in the mountain twisties? You got it.

I can pick you up from the airport and we can then ride to your chosen destination or trailer the bikes and have a base camp.
    Do you have a buddy that wants to come also and want a separate fully stocked chase vehicle to meet us at each nights campsite? We can work that out too.
    Want to bring your wife or kid and have passenger? NO extra charge for that, the family is welcome. I have sleeping bags that zip together available and various high quality Big Agnes tents.

From minimalist remote camping to living the good life with everything you need carried for you, we can offer it all.

What you'll get:

* One of our tricked out, well maintained bikes that's best suited for your desires, size and skill level.
    These aren't run down, bone stock rental bikes, these are very loved, upgraded, ready to go bikes that have been road tested throughout North America.
    All wired for heated gear, all necessary modifications to make the ride comfortable and convenient already done with fresh tires best suited for the type of riding you’ll be doing. No need to worry how you’ll fit all your stuff on a typical stock rental, I have packing down to a science on these bikes and have thought out all that can be needed to travel on them.

*High quality freshly cleaned camping gear and a large variety of motorcycle luggage to fill the needs of having your personal items, plus tent, bag, pad, cooking stuff, etc.

*A custom planned route tailored to you by an experienced guide with hundreds of thousands of miles riding experience, with attention to detail while keeping an eye on the big picture of having fun and being safe while riding. The kind of attention to detail only a small outfit as ours can offer. One on One Platinum Service based on years of experience dealing with demanding million dollar entertainment clients and accounts. While I might prefer to sleep in a tent and ride motorbikes in remote rugged places, my long professional experience in the entertainment business traveling the world over lends me unique perspective on what 1st class treatment is all about. This ride is all about YOU.

*Professional high quality photos communicating the fun and beauty of the entire adventure, you’ll not only have the memories, but unique artistic documentation of the entire journey. Hard back coffee table books, calendars, and digital slideshows are are possible to order after the adventure.

*Satellite two way text communication to/from your loved ones from any location 24/7, or buddies you want to make jealous while getting LOST in California.

*Saddle time to restore your sanity during the middle of winter in beautiful, warm Southern California.

What it will cost you for the basics:

$350 per day for my guide and photography service, a bike with all camping gear included.

Or

$1200 for a 3 night, 4 day camping adventure.

Any adventures more than 4 days rates are negotiable as are multi-bike and a separately driven chase vehicle adventures.

Have your own bike locally and just want a guide/photographer? We can work that out too.

The Details

You pay for your own fuel for the bike, along with the fuel for the tow vehicle if you want it, food, drink and our hotels if you desire to go that route.
    I will cover my own costs otherwise and will be happy to be cooking dinners at camp for us, along with assisting in setting up camp and packing away all our gear.
    You will be required to fill out and sign all the typical legal documents and personal liability waivers, taking full responsibility for your actions, the bike and the gear.
    I won't charge you for minor scratches that are par for the course while dirt riding, but if it's bent or cracked or needs to be replaced it's all on you. I do not offer insurance, but can provide vehicle information for you to get your own.
    A $1000 security deposit will be required and refunded immediately upon the ride ending. Secure credit card processing accepted in person or though Paypal.
    $200 non-refundable reservation deposit required.
    You will need to have a valid MC endorsement license.

The bikes for you to choose from:

BMW R1200R

BMW G650GS

Husaberg FE570S (street legal)

Honda CRF250L (street legal)

I will have a questionnaire to fill out for your riding history.
    More than anything I want you to have safe, fun time on the right bike on the right roads/trails.

I'm not offering rider training, I leave that to the professionals, but I can take you places that will challenge your (our) abilities if you're up to it, if you want the best dirt rider instructor you should sign up for a Jimmy Lewis class, something that you could tie into your trip out here.
    I will however be happy to share the tips and tricks I've learned in all my travels, from changing tires to packing bikes, photography tips, etc.
    I'll be happy to show you how I roll.

You could be riding in places like this next week, except you'll be IN all the photos just like this, not looking at them online trying to fend off Winter Madness!

Book now and get your sanity back...

Let's ride and get a little Lost!

Finn

PM or email me @:

finn (at) lostrider.com

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/57427638?title=0&amp;byline=0&amp;portrait=0" width="1279" height="719" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/57427638">Lost in Death Valley 2013</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/lostrider">Lost Rider</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. team ftb

team ftb Befuddled Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Finn - I'm not exactly your target market as I used to live in So-Cal for 30 years and rode offroad there in the usual spots. I'll be returning for some ski bumming in February for a few months. I also happen to have a KTM 500 awaiting me in the garage (that I shall be bringing back over to Thailand) so I have the bike. I can find gents to do typical dirt bike day and weekend trips but some multi day trips concentrating on singletrack would pique my interest. Endless droning through the desrts on fireroads and whoops I can whip up on my own but scenic trails with flowing singletrack, that takes some planning and insight.

If the same type of terrain can be found south of the border all the more interesting.

Feel free to touch base with me on email if you like: withgusto AT yahoo DOT com
  3. ddeitz

ddeitz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    If I wasn't hard up for cash from changing jobs and buying a new (to me) bike fairly recently, id take you up on that offer. Sure as hell beats the normal vacation people do here in the middle of winter (hot country+pool) not that it's a bad way to vacation but id much rather ride someplace unique.
  4. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    So cool, Finn. Good luck with your latest venture as you continue to live YOUR life YOUR way!

I have family south of LA and oftentimes need a day half way through to get my head back in the right place. A day trip just might be what I need to finish the trip:D
  5. UpST8

UpST8 turnin gas to noise

Oddometer:
    Very cool Finn!! :super Best of Luck :thumb

I live here, but would still throw you a couple bucks to ride that beautiful Husa beast for a day :lol3
  6. dlew

dlew Daypass Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    beautiful. one day....
  7. Lost Roadie

Oddometer:
    Thanks fellows, I hope to see some of you out here real soon!

Let's face it, I have an insatiable desire to ride, make photos, and explore...This time of year there's no work for me in my normal industry and I've been thinking about this for a long time so Lost Riders Tours is finally born. Like most things in my life I'm offering up the best of what I have and will work very hard to make sure you get your hard earned money's worth and a GOOD TIME with memorable photos to keep for life.

Mr FTB, I will be sending you an email shortly.

Let's Ride!
  8. FishTaco

FishTaco urban misfit

Oddometer:
    Finn - Wishing you great success with your new enterprise. Sounds like fun and I know you'll be grinning inside your helmet the whole way. Travel well.

J
  9. XFanMan

XFanMan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great Photo's and it sure makes me miss California! I like your business model, best of luck and I'll keep you in mind if Michigan gets too fricking cold and I can't take it anymore :thumb

Scott
  10. RAZR

RAZR u may run the risks my friend but I do the cutting

Oddometer:
    i get 10% of profits for use of my pic :lol3 :pimp
  11. Ayrshire Bull

Ayrshire Bull why the hell not?

Oddometer:
    what a brilliant idea - best of luck Finn!
  12. PhoenixGirl63

PhoenixGirl63 Wayward Daughter

Oddometer:
    I'd love to do this! First, I need to take dirt bike classes (still a noob)... and finish grad school (August).

What rider skill level do you think would best be suited for this trip?

What a great idea for a business, and your pictures are amazing!
  13. SuchesRider

SuchesRider Just Do It! Supporter

Oddometer:
    :lurk SR
  14. Bump Stop

Bump Stop 2 Wheeled Drifter

Oddometer:
    What does it cost if I drop your berg off a cliff? I did that with my 300 a couple weeks ago, luckily it got caught on a tree.:lol3
  15. SuchesRider

SuchesRider Just Do It! Supporter

Oddometer:
    What months of the year are you offering these tours? :ear SuchesRider
  16. tlwood99

tlwood99 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bike, gear, guide, photographer and cook! Hell of an idea and a heck of a value! Best of luck with this new venture!

Tom W.
  17. Lost Roadie

Oddometer:

Thanks Tom!

Profits? Going to be a long time on that one. LOL

Thank you!

Skill level.... well you will need to have a MC endorsed license, which means you should be able to operate a bike.
    I've been leading my partner Nancy on rides since she first sat on a bike, which has given me a better perspective riding with a n00b as to what's hard and what's not. But everyone is different. My point is I can tailor any ride to accommodate anyone who can ride a bike to have FUN, the CRF250L is just perfect for less aggressive riders on dirt.
    I might even be able to get Nancy to tag along, she can share what's helped her learn, but nothing we can offer will substitute some professional training, though I can offer seat time in beautiful places which is also important to grow as a rider.
    I can help any rider gain good experience, and will be happy to share the things I've learned in my travels like changing tires trailside, packing a bike, moto-photography basics, etc.
    Come on out!

One Million Dollars.

Ten Grand for the bike, the rest for emotional pain for me. :wink:
    Bike in a tree?... that's a new one, hope you weren't injured.

I probably wont offer any tours in the summer, as it's just too hot here to ride many of the places pictured, and I'm usually booked with other work anyways. The rest of the time just check in with me for availability.

Nancy and I just returned from a quick Death Valley ride, here's some more photos of where YOU could be with YOU in these photos...
    We trailered out this time and setup base camp at one of the many public cabins around the DV area, then camped off the bikes. Worked out perfectly.

I will be catching up with all the PM's and emails with peoples inquiries very shortly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  18. drmlabs

drmlabs noobster lvl60

Oddometer:
    This has the makings of a legendary bunch of rides. Best to you and to those lucky & adventurous folks who do this!
  19. Lost Roadie

Oddometer:
    Thank you!

It's warming up here, getting into prime riding season...

[​IMG]
  20. Lost Roadie

Oddometer:
    Here's a recent short video of what to expect on an adventure with me, if you book a 4 days trip, I'll even make you one similar to one this included in the package.... but I'm not getting naked with you in the natural hot springs to be found in the desert, that's reserved for my Nancy only! :evil

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/57427638?title=0&amp;byline=0&amp;portrait=0" width="1279" height="719" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/57427638">Lost in Death Valley 2013</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/lostrider">Lost Rider</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>