Adventure in Ohio?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by somecallmetim, Nov 14, 2003.

1. ohioroadrat

ohioroadrat It`s YOUR fault !

Oddometer:
  2. BOB RAMSAY

BOB RAMSAY Not in the Clique -

Oddometer:
    Casting pearls before swine?

(nice golf clubs!)
  3. Sparkster

Sparkster Live seriously.

Oddometer:
    For those of you not with me on Facebook, here's my America's Most Wanted segment that aired last night. I got to do my own reenactment :D:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxYdflszcDg

I tried using the embed code but it wasn't working for some reason.
  4. ohioroadrat

Oddometer:
    Getting ready to watch it now......sure hope they used blanks for the reenactment this time!
  5. jonny2g

jonny2g Adventurer

Oddometer:

Ok, sorry for the noob? if this has been posted in another thread. For this kind of ride, what would you pack for tools/bike repair multi use items big+. Any special mods to bike ie. snorkle hose ext.? This REALLY looks like fun.
  6. Sparkster

Oddometer:
    Didn't show the shooter, just me. I flipped my hand up a few times like it was recoiling and they added the special effects. I'm thinking of ordering a new shirt:

[​IMG] :lol3
  7. ohioroadrat

Oddometer:
    You absolutely should !!!
  8. z@ch

z@ch Turn it up to eleven

Oddometer:
    For rides like that you carry everything you can without making you bike completely unrideable.

As far as mods and what things to bring, it really depends on the bike. The only way to know is to ride the bike enough that you learn what breaks and wears out. The guys in the video have enough experience to know what they need. Nobody can give you a shopping list, because it's different for every bike/rider.

Also, only bring parts/tools you know how to use. A spare part that you can't change in the trail is just dead weight.

The most important thing to do is have your bike in top condition and try not to abuse it too badly.
  9. (none)

(none) poser

Oddometer:
    wow, guessing they caught the asshole?
  10. buildit

buildit Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer:
    Also if you have common tools that you know others need or might use it's good to coordinate so only one person has to carry that item.
  11. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    They didn't really go into significant enough detail. I mean, would it have taken any extra time to detail your injuries, the distance between you, or the fact that he was vested up and armed with a rifle and you hit him several times with your handgun?

I also enjoyed the "neighbor dispute" scene. :lol3

Good luck.
  12. Sparkster

Oddometer:

Yeah he's in prison. Last i heard he was having bad medical problems. The 25 year sentence may end up being a life sentence.
  13. GregsBro

GregsBro a.k.a. Scott

Oddometer:

Let's hope so!
  14. Sparkster

Oddometer:
    Honestly I was a little disappointed myself but they did warn me it would be about a 45sec spot. I also think they should've used the crime scene photo I sent them of the marijuana instead of the stock footage. I guess that's why I'm a cop and not a producer on a national tv program.
  15. buildit

Oddometer:
    I guess that's why I don't watch it anymore.
  16. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:
    so, as it turns out, the "video" I took at Luke's on the day of the rail bed ride was actually a bunch of pictures...I had the camera in the wrong mode and what I got was 622 pictures spaced 2 seconds apart. 99% of it was at Lukes house, because the battery was weak. Got a couple pics leaving the gas station in Plain City and exactly ! pic of the rail bed, when we stopped to assess the water situation. I really was back-assward that day...got video from my still camera and still pics from my video camera :doh at least I was able to keep the bike going in the right direction the whole day. :D

so anyway, I trimmed out a little more than half the pics and added some lame royalty free music off the web and slapped it all together to create this cheesy video. remember, you were warned that its lame:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9M6YOo5iHk4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  17. buildit

Oddometer:
    Making pancakes out of lemon aid.:lol3 Sounds like all our video had some issues.

Really quite tonight.
  18. FatherX

FatherX Supervising the Heros

Oddometer:
    a few of us met up at Southington Off-road Park yesterday.

Cool place considering the neighborhood. Sort of a small bike or big balls kind of place. Lots of sand and tightish single track.

Any picyures/vids from anyone present?? Gorman :evil ?
  19. muddyrabbit

muddyrabbit Lost Boy

Oddometer:
    Just this one of our future racers.
    [​IMG]
  20. muddyrabbit

muddyrabbit Lost Boy

Oddometer:
    Riding with the kids yesterday made me realize we gotta get a Go Pro helmet cam.