Another GSPD driveshaft episode! ////WARNING////

Discussion in 'Airheads' started by URBAN INFIDEL, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Wirespokes

Wirespokes Beemerholics Anonymous

Oddometer:
    I'm glad this all worked out! None of us are perfect and sometimes we lose track in one way or another. The important thing is to repair the damage, make things right and move on. I grew up with the dumb idea that once something was said, it was too late to retract it.

Bull S**t!

It takes some guts to admit you're wrong and then fix it, especially in a group situation! My X never did. :rofl

I get stuff from Guy - a real stand-up kinda guy. You know, I think we're all pretty cool here! :norton
  2. cycleman2

cycleman2 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The old adage that you should count to 10 before one opens his/her mouth applies to the web. People in business survive on their reputation and with the web your comments are there for all to see forever.

The original post is a good lesson for all of us on how not to be.
  3. robtg

robtg Long timer

Oddometer:

+1
  4. One Less Harley

One Less Harley OH.THAT'S GONNA HURT

Oddometer:

sure she did...she got a divorce didn't she:rofl......I'm sure your both happier.
  5. Wirespokes

Oddometer:
    I'm not sure how to take that since it sounds like I was being the badass. The funny thing was that she was slinking around with another guy and trying to piss me off so I'd leave, and I was too blind to see what was going on even though everyone else saw it. I was so clueless I actually thought I was the reason the marriage ended. :lol3

I don't know about her (have no interest in whether she's doing shitty or great - couldn't care less), but my life has been sooo much better even considering the low spots, since the divorce. I should have ended it ten years earlier!

As for the subject of this thread - have none of you ever screwed up and said or done something you later regretted? Let's take the position of teachers or trainers if we're above booboos like this, and help others attain the same heights. It's one thing if the person continually commits the same blunders, but this was a first time, and there's all indications it was the last. From all appearances, the upset has been handled, apologies given and accepted, so let's be big about this and move on. Ok?
  6. wirewrkr

wirewrkr the thread-killer

Oddometer:
    Good ol' Terry, always the level headed one...........................
    Agree, let's put it to bed and move on.
  7. AntonLargiader

AntonLargiader Long timer

Oddometer:
    Since Terry bumped the thread I'll respond.

Chitown/Urban: If someone posts A, and people reply B, and the OP changes A to something else, then the B replies are orphaned. The conversation is broken; that's not fair to the people who bother to respond to you. I often see responders quote the whole first post just to preserve it, because there are people out there who delete their post once their question is answered. It's really annoying when these threads come up in a search.

My response to you is meaningless if the reader can't read what I was responding to. And you can't expect us to go back and rewrite our responses to match your latest first post. Even when I edit a response of mine I will usually leave the original stuff there for this reason. It's not about you, it's about respecting the fact that a public conversation happened.

I really do appreciate that you 'manned up' in OLH's words, but erasing the evidence isn't part of that.
  8. URBAN INFIDEL

URBAN INFIDEL Adventurer

Oddometer:
    SHEESH!:dhorse
  9. Wirespokes

Oddometer:
    I do agree with Anton on that point. By the time I saw the thread, the original post had already been erased and I had no idea what the brouhaha was all about. If Anton hadn't saved it, there would have been a mystery for anyone stumbling upon it.

If it was me, I'd take a close look at it and understand where Anton's coming from. I think that's the reason this is continuing - because his viewpoint hasn't been understood or acknowledged. It's simply a point of etiquette.

So let him know you got it and understand, and this should all blow over.

Cool? :wink:
  10. camgregus

camgregus riding gently now Supporter

Oddometer:
    on the banks of the mighty mississippi, AR side
    I made rude comments on the interwebs about someone one time who has turned into a good friend .

Mostly made the comments due to rumors floating around in meatspace..... Mostly false.

I did make it right and apologize both in person and in the web space I made the original comments on.
  11. bmwhacker

bmwhacker Still on 3 wheels

Oddometer:
    Great advice!
    "Knee jerk, foot in the mouth" posts can be painful for all involved.
    I've learned the hard way too.....:deal
    Nothing tastes worse than a foot-in-the-mouth.:lol3
  12. URBAN INFIDEL

URBAN INFIDEL Adventurer

Oddometer:
    @ Wirespokes and camgregus, thanks for your wisdom understanding the situation - I am not as perfect as some I guess, but when I screw up, I acknowledge it and do what I can to make it right.

So, the shaft was worse than expected, as a result the expected three week turn around was understandably extended to 5 weeks. Guy had a donor shaft on the shelf for a few extra bucks, which was a great help. He stayed in touch throughout the process and the new shaft was nothing short of a work of art! I have about 500 miles on the new shaft, and so far so good! Aside from the initial hiccup, working with Guy Hendersen was easy and a pleasure, and I would recommend him highly.:freaky
  13. lockyv7

lockyv7 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sunshine Coast Australia. There is no winter here.
    What sort of turn around do people expect to have a shaft fixed.

5 days

5 weeks

5 Months

dont call me Ill call you.

Not starting a shit fight here just asking.
  14. URBAN INFIDEL

URBAN INFIDEL Adventurer

Oddometer:
    No shit started. The initial estimate given (prior to having the thing in hand) was around 3 weeks, give or take. I think that is more for a refresh than a complete bring-it-back-from-the-dead resurrection like mine needed. Honestly when it comes to a part like this, and the work it required, 5 weeks is damn fast in my opinion!