Larz Anderson Classic European Motorcycle Day

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by dugmar, Sep 1, 2009.

1. dugmar

dugmar Pinball Wizard

Oddometer:
    Anyone going?

http://www.larzanderson.org/Topics/...ID=402183&CFTOKEN=66126008&CalendarEventId=48

My plan is to grab some breakfast in downtown Newburyport at 8AM and head out shortly after that. Slab down 95, hang out at the show for a large portion of the morning / early afternoon and ride north afterwards, avoiding slab as much as possible, taking a route through Salem, Gloucester, Essex, Ipswich and hitting up American BBQ in Rowley for a late lunch. If anyone wants to join me, meet me at Angies at 8.

Angies Coffee Shop
    7 Pleasant St
    Newburyport, MA 01950
  2. baiku

baiku Maniacal Engineer

Oddometer:

Sounds interesting! But I may help a friend trailer two of his classic Beezas for judging. Going to the show one way or the other.

Given your return route, I have to ask how you can *possibly* ride past the Clam Box and not eat there? :dunno
  3. dugmar

dugmar Pinball Wizard

Oddometer:
    Clam box is certainly an option! Nothing is set in stone.

Mmmm.... whole bellies.
  4. O.C.F.RIDER

O.C.F.RIDER Loose nut behind h/bars

Oddometer:
    Love to go, but I'm going to this...
    [​IMG] <!--header intor--> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="300" height="420"><tbody><tr><td align="center" valign="top" width="300" height="140"> [​IMG]</td></tr> <tr><td widht="100%" class="hometxt2" align="left" valign="top" width="300" height="245"> <table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="3" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="hometxt2"> The Fairfield County Concours d'Elegance attracts participants from across the US and Europe. We present the very best examples of fine vehicle craftsmanship. Winners at the 5th Anniversary Fairfield Concours d'Elegance are shown at the left. We extend our sincerest thanks to our 2008 Sponsors and to the participants in our event. The show motor vehicles were the most spectacular in our five year history.

2009 plans to be even bigger and better with expanded on-field activities for both Saturday and Sunday. Saturday’s highlight is our new Car and and Motorcycle Club Celebration with clubs from across the country invited to participate. Sunday’s Concours will feature several rare and exotic vehicles on display. We provide two days of excitement and activities for all members of the family. 100 YEARS OF SIGNIFICANT MOTOR VEHICLES
    with this old bag of poo....................
    [​IMG]

Ride On!
    Chris
    </td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>
  5. dugmar

dugmar Pinball Wizard

Oddometer:
    Alright then. Thanks for that.
  6. BBQer

BBQer Who Me

Oddometer:
    I'll be at Lars lending a hand and drooling over bikes, BBQ (or clams) sound good but I may try and catch the tail end of the IMOC show.

http://www.imocusa.com/rally2009.htm

Too much to do and too few days.
  7. Squanto!

Squanto! Master of Silent Death Supporter

Oddometer:
    Too much to do on the same day. 3 Bike shows and a few other events like the Ammo ride and the unidilla gncc. I'll probably try and make it to Brookline.
  8. Colt03

Colt03 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    BBQ,

What time are you heading to IMOC, I'll be at Larz but might hit IMOC as well.
  9. BBQer

BBQer Who Me

Oddometer:
    Colt03,
    Lets talk this weekend, I understand you may west of here with a wine glass in your hand.
  10. captain crunch

captain crunch huckleberry Supporter

Oddometer:
    Doug, You still planning on being at Angies @ 8:00. I am going to try and make it.
    Huck
  11. Beez

Beez Given to fly

Oddometer:
    I am 99% sure I will be at Larz. See you Sunday Huck. :freaky
  12. radguzzi

radguzzi The Journey is the Reward

Oddometer:
    Hey BBQ,
    Is that easily doable...? :dunno

I have not been to the IMOC for some time and Larz is great and all that but I was not sure if I could squeeze both in er not... :scratch

Thanks,
    Rob from the great white north... :rolleyes
  13. BBQer

BBQer Who Me

Oddometer:
    Doable for me seeing as I live about 1/2 way between the 2 places. It would have to be a Mass Pike making time kind of ride between the 2. Hamilton Rod and Gun is right off the Pike in Sturbridge. Probably 1 to 1 1/2 hrs depending how bad the traffic is getting from Lars to the Pike.
    Lars is great and all, and I will be there for a while, But IMOC has a certain appeal, plus I don't want to be missing the 2009 pin.:wink:
  14. NikonsAndVStroms

NikonsAndVStroms Beastly Photographer

Oddometer:
    I might make it by the end of the event, it will be a mad dash from the airport.
  15. shrineclown

shrineclown Board Butcher, Fastener Haberdasher

Oddometer:
    Was going to IMOC, but the others want to go to Larz. So Larz it is. Probably cause the roads there are so exciting. :freaky
  16. HowlingMad

HowlingMad drags knuckles

Oddometer:
    HelloKitty and I are in. See you up there.
  17. YBViking

YBViking Bedroom Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey D

good to see ya man..if i didn't say it before, i'll say it again..congrats man...:freaky
    welcome to the club, misery loves company...yada yada....Sleep all you can now....too bad i didn't know earlier- just chucked all the baby stuff- brand new crib/dresser/changing table...the lot went just a month ago....

nice bikes at Lars today. You took off and the Ducati Girls showed up...any connection? Oh- and i found something on my bike....Thanks!

progress pm's on the pending mini-FF appreciated..... mrs YB will be whipping up a little something.... she's like dat... :deal

YB
  18. HowlingMad

HowlingMad drags knuckles

Oddometer:
    I was surprised to run into so many other inmates up there, what a cool place. Amazing dedication. Clearly this was man who had his priorities in line.

Anyway, I brought a camera and must have been overwhelmed by all the sights because I apparently forgot to actually use it. Here's some of the few pictures we took.

Your author needs work on his glamour poses.
    [​IMG]

Would love one of these someday. Come to think of it, you can apply that statement to almost all of the following pictures.
    [​IMG]

Some funky stuff up there.
    [​IMG]

Creamsicles.
    [​IMG]

I swear this guy had a to-do list in his tank bag that said "drugs, paint, wash".
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

HelloKitty approves of the logo.
    [​IMG]

Honestly, I didn't like these when I first saw them. Now I think they're pretty sexy.
    [​IMG]
    :tb
    [​IMG]
    Really wish I would have gotten more pictures inside. Simply amazing.
    [​IMG]

Thanks to RTLLTR, Dave, Dave and Sophie for guiding us up there and exercising the electrical demons.

Great to see Beez, Huck and Nicole up there too.

Now someone go finish the Mass Tag.:ddog
  19. dugmar

dugmar Pinball Wizard

Oddometer:
  20. dugmar

dugmar Pinball Wizard

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]