VFR Thread, How many of us have 'em?

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by Chad_NC, Feb 5, 2009.

1. sfarson

sfarson On a Ride

Oddometer:
    Dang. Sweet pic. Look me up if you have time while toolin around CO. Could join on the INTERCEPTOR <g>. Came across this short VFR pair vid...

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lv7G5rsRwb4&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lv7G5rsRwb4&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>
  2. kawalaser

kawalaser Hip to be square

Oddometer:

Nice bike.

are those stainless headers w/ a Erion Racing slip-on?

Details please...
  3. alculbreth

alculbreth Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Planning to join the club and buy a 5th gen (that's 98-01, right?). I found a '98 with just over 30k miles on it. Looks great and runs great. I would prefer less miles but I've heard of 5th gens with over 60k miles still running strong. Anything in particular that I should look at before I buy it?
  4. Lil' Steve

Lil' Steve Every day is Saturday

Oddometer:

Yes, that's a 5th gen. Dont worry about the 30k, it will likely go 5x that without blinking an eye.
  5. alculbreth

alculbreth Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Anybody have one of these super charger kits? I know, I know - I should focus on getting a vfr first but the claims of 50-60% power boost seem quite remarkable...
  6. kawalaser

kawalaser Hip to be square

Oddometer:

I have the same set up but my headers are beginning to corrode :becca

I didn't think they made SS or polished erion headers but I'd like to know where your PO got those done!
  7. MapMaster

MapMaster Human Compass

Oddometer:
    2000, ~45k
    [​IMG]

2009, ~130k NM this Februrary, new (digital) camera, new suit, newer helmet, new/used Givis, older me, same bike. :lol3
    [​IMG]

And a suitable homage to them at the Barber Museum this Feb
    (the 86 VF1000R was the first bike the museum purchased):
    [​IMG]
  8. SilkMoneyLove

SilkMoneyLove Long timer

Oddometer:
    I lusted after them since I was a broke youngin' out on my own in Seattle. First time I ever saw one in person, I was hooked. We met up with some people at a gas station, dude had this white VFR and had already crashed it once, but rode like a wild man anyway and we hit up Mercer Island Way at about midnight. Riding at 50mph in a 25 zone with securaity guards trying to catch up to us (stupid yellow lights gave away their position), the exhaust notes rising and falling with the corners...epic stuff and totally made an impression on me (could you tell?) I was on a Honda VT500 and the only way I was close to these guys was because I rode that street at night all the time (after I got off from work). My one buddy (Mark Glasser) had a GS1000 with slightly loud exhaust. So, the homeowners knew we were there :lol3
    So, when I see one come up for sale, I will probably not be able to resist. It must be no show queen though. It has to be the right amount of use and cheap, as I am still not rich. Amazing after all of these years...
  9. alculbreth

alculbreth Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Haha - I love it! How long ago was this?

Mercer Island Way - I do that ride quite a bit. I live near there and it is a good way to get your quick fix of twisties without having to drive too far.
  10. SilkMoneyLove

SilkMoneyLove Long timer

Oddometer:
    1994 is the year. We used to call it the Mercer Island 500. Run from Seattle to there and back. That was also the year I learned to NOT wear white jeans while riding. I splashed through "something" and there were totally ruined after that. Probably a good thing. WHo wears white jeans? I was quite stylin' back then ;-) I learned a lot about riding and riding with good friends that year. I wonder what Mark Glasser is up to now? Last I heard he was in Colorado, but that was years ago...

I have a 1993 CBR600F2 and I am right now listening to Soundgarden. Man, I am in a time machine. It is oK, all that early 90s stuff is cool again. I just had to wait it out

-Silkster
  11. Earthshake

Earthshake Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    They have just become available. You can get more info on the development of the kit at vfrdiscussion. Check this thread http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=31492

No, I'm not affiliated. But I do have a 5th gen and this looks real interesting.

12. alculbreth

alculbreth Adventurer

Oddometer:
    "Who wears white jeans?" Exactly what I was thinking! :rofl

13. alculbreth

alculbreth Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Proud new owner of a 99 VFR 800. Took her for a run on the Mercer Island 500 and was grinning the entire time. :D This bike is so much fun.

(sorry for the bad pics)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  14. SilkMoneyLove

SilkMoneyLove Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ah, a good Mercer Island 500 run. The closest thing I have is "Stagecoach Trail" along the river here. It is nice, but not so amazing. Beauty of a bike!
  15. RedRocket

RedRocket Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer:
    Is that a repaint?
  16. MGN54

MGN54 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Going to pick mine up this afternoon! 2000 model with Sargent seat/Micron pipe! Nice!!! Need to get a line on some helibars now and she should be set for a while. Can't wait. :clap
  17. sfarson

sfarson On a Ride

Oddometer:
    Congrats again Mark. :)
  18. Lil' Steve

Lil' Steve Every day is Saturday

Oddometer:
    I think they were offered that way in Canada. That's where I got my silver bodywork.
  19. alculbreth

alculbreth Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I don't think so.
  20. alculbreth

alculbreth Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Congrats! Be sure to show us some pictures!