Where to service

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by Jacpod, Dec 18, 2006.

1. Jacpod

Jacpod Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for an informative forum. :clap<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    We (2XGS and an RT) are planning a trip to Deadhorse in July ’07 leaving <st1:place w:st="on">Southwest Michigan</st1:place> shortly after the July 4<sup>th</sup> weekend. Our anticipated route envisions nearly 5k miles when we arrive in <st1:state w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Alaska</st1:place></st1:state>. Before attempting the <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Dalton</st1:place></st1:city>, we would like to get the bikes serviced (oil change, fresh tires, additional repairs as needed, etc). <o:p></o:p>
    Any references for: <o:p></o:p>
    <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:city w:st="on">Anchorage</st1:city></st1:place>: The Motorcycle Shop? <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:state w:st="on">Alaska</st1:state></st1:place> Leather?<o:p></o:p>
    <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Fairbanks</st1:place></st1:city>: Trail’s End BMW? Fine Tuned Wheels? Harley Outpost?<o:p></o:p>
    Wasilla: The Abbey Bike shop?<o:p></o:p>
    I found these shops in various threads, all helping individuals at some point, but some threads are dated and I have no idea weather they remain recommended or will be ready to service folks? Granted, things can change from now to July too. <o:p></o:p>
    Any other options I should know of? <o:p></o:p>
    I appreciate your input. <o:p></o:p>
    Jacpod<o:p></o:p>
  2. kildala2000

kildala2000 The GS Store.

Oddometer:
    Welcome. :D

Contact Barb at Alaska Leather and I'm sure she will take care of all your needs. :clap I would phone ahead and reserve tires and what ever else you need.
    Be prepaired for a trip of a life time. :clap
    If you have any questions please PM me and I'll see if I can help you out with your trip.

Rick.
    "The Skid Plate Guy"
  3. friar mike

friar mike IronButtGruver

Oddometer:
    The Abbey that would be me I offer full bike service and repair here also I have camping spots. number here is 907-376-6919
    Trail's end BMW has been sold to the Outpost but I think he will still be doing work out of his place.
  4. Jacpod

Jacpod Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I appreciate the info guys. Thanks.
  5. Wheeldog

Wheeldog Long timer

Oddometer:
    Alaska Leather is a good place to deal with, to my knowledge they only do tires, not any service work.

The Abbey is a good place to deal with too.....mechanical/service and tires.