Questions from a virgin Tenere owner....

Discussion in 'Australia' started by OzJuJu, Jul 1, 2012.

1. OzJuJu

OzJuJu Team Barracuda

Oddometer:
    1. Has anyone or everyone taken those rubber boots off the footpegs?
    2. How the bloody hell do you get on the thing when you have side and top boxes? I'm taking up yoga..... :D
    3. Do Yamaha make wider bark buster inserts to keep you pinkies out of the weather, mine are very narrow. And yes I am looking for grip heaters, the only thing the bike didn't come with.. Oh and q.4
    4. Why do Yamaha import the bikes with those horrible tyres :cry
    5. How do you keep your woody out of the way when you are riding the beast... :eek1
  2. sysie

sysie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    1. Has anyone or everyone taken those rubber boots off the footpegs?
    best is to replace the footpegs with wider ones, I got mine off ebay for about $30.. perfect!

2. How the bloody hell do you get on the thing when you have side and top boxes? I'm taking up yoga..... :D
    Mount it like a horse, bike on the sidestand, step on the footpeg with your left foot and mount :D

3. Do Yamaha make wider bark buster inserts to keep you pinkies out of the weather, mine are very narrow. And yes I am looking for grip heaters, the only thing the bike didn't come with.. Oh and q.4
    Dont know... the Barkbusters I have come with a add-on that makes it a little higher... not sure how to make it wider

4. Why do Yamaha import the bikes with those horrible tyres :cry
    Slap a set of Mitas E-09 on..... problem solved
    5. How do you keep your woody out of the way when you are riding the beast... :eek1
    what is a woody ??:ear
  3. OzJuJu

OzJuJu Team Barracuda

Oddometer:
    Q.3 sorry my bad, I meant higher, not wider
    Q.4 woody = boner, stiffy, mongrel, blue vein custard chucked... :lol3 you get the picture
  4. Gadget678

Gadget678 Long timer

Oddometer:
    A cheap (but extremely effective) fix for this one: You can pick a pair of these up on ebay for under $30, and they fit over the existing guards. Easy to get on & off. I generally find that it's my thumbs that cop it the most as they sit below any of the guards. The Moose guards have proven to be very durable and are great at keeping the wind off your hands & wrists. ... I also found that they were good at keeping rain off your hands (= dry hands); unless it's bloody heavy rain.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. Brocksamoyed

Brocksamoyed Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    LOL _ Keep that smile going. Woody is always there :)
  6. grimripper

grimripper 1pissanter

Oddometer:
  7. Tee Dee Mmm

Tee Dee Mmm Long timer

Oddometer:
    Oh sorry wrong Tenere :evil, but I have to say if a 660 can give you a Woody you better stay well away from the 1200 :wink::rofl :ear:deal :lol3
  8. Edge

Edge Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  9. Edge

Edge Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Also wilmo (adv) has some pivot pegs for sale and other bits give him a pm these are great pegs
  10. OzJuJu

OzJuJu Team Barracuda

Oddometer:
    Great idea for the price, easy to flip off when the warmer weather arrives... hopefully soon.

Went for a ride last night (I luuuuurve this bike!) and using the foot peg as a stirrup works a treat, thanks for that one. :clap

Thanks also for the link re the grip warmers, I have been looking on fleabay for them but that model hasn't popped up on my searches, they do look the goods and luckily enough I'm already a sparky! :D

I have the D606's on my TTR 250 and like them a lot, they feel great on the road and are pretty capable off road but the TTR is a LOT lighter bike...
  11. grimripper

grimripper 1pissanter

Oddometer:

I reckon a combination of the two would be fantastic.
  12. damo2010

damo2010 damo

Oddometer:
  13. OzJuJu

OzJuJu Team Barracuda

Oddometer:
    I don't see the Ten in this fitment list... Hmmmm :huh
  14. shelbyjet

shelbyjet Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I don't like the feel of the oxfords, I went with the VSM grip heater elements that go under your grips. Dead easy to install and work under any grips, on any bars. I have pro-taper bars and ran the 2 layer pro taper grips just to get a little more contact with the hands to transfer the heat, but after using them, they would work well with the pillow top grips as well.

They have a real low amperage and keep you very toasty. I rode in my summer gloves at 2' and had to go between low and high, as high eventually would get a little too warm.

Only point to note, the throttle, being over the tube, warms up faster and hotter as the clutch side, being straight on the bar, tends to work as a heat sync... so your right hand is always a little warmer than the left.

Cost about $50 and I bought mine from Adventure Moto, but reckon you would find them on eBay fine.

Good luck.
  15. damo2010

damo2010 damo

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the feedback.