2000 ktm adv 640 fuel pump rebuid kit...

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Disco97, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Disco97

Disco97 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ok,
    I am hoping someone here has rebuilt one of these and knows where to get a kit. I have done lots of homework and called/e-mailed several shops about which kit to get. So, far the two I ordered were wrong (thanks shop guys!). I think I have the Mikuni DF52-82. Not 100 percent sure. I am almost certain it is a DF52. Single inlet-single outlet. There are no other markings or numbers on the pump body other than a 985 stamped on the front cover. I have no idea what that means. I have googled the hell out of this thing. The only other option is the dealer says they will order me a whole new pump from Austria for $100+ and it will take 4-6 weeks to get. I would rather not wait that long to ride. Please help!

Thanks!

Josh
  2. bmwktmbill

bmwktmbill Traveler

Oddometer:
  3. Disco97

Disco97 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Bill,
    I searched through all of the threads I could find here and found too much mixed info that it was difficult to nail something down. I called several shops and ended up ordering a kit from a shop that assured me it would work. Showed up and it was too small in diameter. That's what I get for ordering a rebuild kit from a snow machine shop!

Ended up finding a new pump in stock about 1 mile from where I work for $80ish. Just replaced it and down the road motors! Thanks again for the help!

Josh

4. bmwktmbill

bmwktmbill Traveler

Oddometer:
    Glad you are running, I carry one of the sno mo kits for as a back up for outback travel.

Gunnerbuck has successfully rebuilt out pumps, you can trust his recommendations and several others but it is not a straight forward/authorized replacement.

b