Bad experience with powersportsuperstore

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by nec, Jun 1, 2009.

1. nec

nec Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This is cross-posted from stromtrooper. Move or delete as appropriate.

Ordered a set of shims from Powersport Superstore (powersportsuperstore.com) on Thursday. Before placing my order I called them to check that they would ship the same day as promissed on their website. I was assured that they would, if I use a more expensive shipping option (which I did).

They charged my credit card on Thursday.

Well, today is Monday and the order is still showing "Processing" and no shipping confirmation from them. Couldn't reach them by phone today so had an online chat below.

Morons!

Customer: When I placed order ### on Tursday I was told it would ship the same day. The order is still showing "Processing". When will it be shipped? Thanks.
    Jason: ok the order did ship out. however when it was sent it, the package wasnt physically sent and was "zero shipped", so we had to reship it.
    Customer: What's the tracking number?
    Jason: at this time i have not been provided a tracking number as it was sent from our warehouse and this takes a couple business days for me to get it,
    Customer: If I don't get the tracking number (that UPS will confirm) COB today I will dispute the transaction through AmEx.
    Jason: ok, no worries. we are just going to cancel the order. we have no way of getting that tracking number, i have spoke with my supervisor and he will simply cancel the order
    Customer: You just wrote above that the order was shipped, now - "he will simply cancel the order" Was it shipped or not? I wasted four days with you; before placing the order I called you and was assured that the order would ship same day.
    Jason: every now and then mistakes happen. and as i explained your order was mis-shipped originally and had to be reshipped. because of the weekend it didnt process until today.
    Jason: it is waiting to be picked up by UPS and we will not get the tracking number for about 2 business days. Because you have threatened to dispute the transaction we will not continue shipping it as we will be out money and the product.
    Jason: we will not risk something like that
    Customer: Mistakes are acceptable; BS is not. You wrote: "the order did ship out" and "it was sent from our warehouse" before; now you're saying "will simply cancel the order" and "it is waiting to be picked up by UPS "

The correct response would be (assuming this was really a mistake ): "We screwed up; we are shipping your order UPS Next Day without charging you extra".
    Or something like this.
  2. PapaSmurf

PapaSmurf Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Typical Storefront B.S.! And they don't believe in telling the truth, or have any semblance of customer service! :fyyff Move on and find a better vendor. :eek1 Tom :norton
  3. WeeBee

WeeBee Proud Deplorable

Oddometer:
    Just had a bad experience with Jason at Powersport Superstore.

Ordered a set of Polly Heaters as they had them for a good price even with the excessive $9.84 they were quoting for "SuperSaver" shipping. I asked at the time what method my order would ship via and was told USPS Priority Mail by Jason. So today, I get my shipping confirmation and tracking email from them and it says shipped by Priority Mail. I enter the tracking # on the USPS website and WTF - it says shipped by 1st Class Mail :confused .

So, I call P.S.S.S. and who answers the phone but my buddy Jason who proceeds to lie and say he never said my order was going to ship via Priority Mail. I explained that their shipping confirmation email stated it had been shipped Priority and Jason said that was a mistake. I called BS and said at the least, if they cared whether or not I would be returning as a customer, that they should offer me a discount on a future order. Jason got pissy and said they don't give discounts for reasons they were not at fault for.

Fuck you and your shitty company, Jason :dizave :boid
  4. oregoncoast

oregoncoast Smells like Bacon

Oddometer:
    Exclusive picture of "Jason" from the Powersportsuperstore website. If that is her real name....:1drink

[​IMG]
  5. WAYoungBill

WAYoungBill Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just wanted to add my experience with this mediocre company. I bought a Trail Tech Vapor from them. The website listing was for a Vapor but when I opened the package it was a Vector. No problem, I called them up and asked for them to send the correct part; come to find out the part number tied to the description was for a Vector computer, so they were false advertising. I called them out on it and simply asked for them to hold up their end of the order. The correct part for the amount advertised. Since I could not cross reference Trail Tech part numbers I figured they would be cool with correcting their wrong and keep a future customer, as their price was really good. Alec decided to tell me that the only thing he could do was to send a shipping label and I could send it back with full refund. I said I didn't think this was acceptable and asked to speak to his manager. After a few seconds on hold he told me the manager is not changing their mind. I asked to speak directly to the manager and got hung up on. I called back, got Alec and asked to speak to his manager; pretty sure he handed the phone to his buddy sitting next to him and got the same story from this guy, he was probably Jason :cry. I started to let him know that they were losing a customer and got hung up on, again. I really didn't go off on these guys, but expressed my frustration with their screw up and got hung up on twice and there wasn't any sign of respect for me while I was on the phone with them. I hope this sways many people from using this business. I would have been fine spending a few more bucks to get what I wanted with these guys, but they could have cared less and were probably focused on quitting time rather than doing the right thing for the customer or maybe I should say going above and beyond for me.
  6. biensur22

biensur22 litigious poster

Oddometer:
    So did you get a return shipping label? Seems to be the best option...
  7. WAYoungBill

WAYoungBill Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It just happened this evening after work. I will keep you posted as I was able to find the owner's email address and am currently writing to see if he condones this treatment of customers. We'll see what happens and if I get the return shipping label. :deal

Just read some more where people actually sent their stuff back and then were denied a refund, so we'll see if I have to deal with that too.
  8. WAYoungBill

WAYoungBill Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Two weeks and no shipping label. Looks like my initial thoughts of this company were correct. :ddog
  9. bwringer

bwringer Gimpy, Yet Alacritous

Oddometer:
    An old story -- just another middleman storefront operation with no inventory. :baldy

There are too many great vendors out there to let useless dickbags like this stay in business.

Cough up the extra few bucks to order from a real vendor. For example, Dennis Kirk stocks these shim kits and their web site tells you how many there are on the shelf. Toss in a few oil filters or tire irons and you get free shipping that's very predictable. (Same goes for motorcyclesuperstore.com and rockymountainatvmc.com .)

Two seconds of Googling also uncovers many unhappy people they've screwed over. Other danger signs include a web site straight from 2005.

Cut your losses any way you can -- if it comes to it, don't be afraid to pursue a chargeback through your credit card issuer, but check the rules first to make sure you've held up your end. Chargebacks can make a bad vendor's life very difficult, since they have to keep switching processors and pay more for their CC processing.

Caveat emptor.
  10. silverdog

silverdog Long timer

Oddometer:
    ordered couple of times....... both bad.. never again..
  11. jengel451

jengel451 1 Cool MotherF#$cker

Oddometer:
    Didn't see this thread until today.

Ordered up a couple sets of grips. same Story, showed "processing" for a couple of days so I called.

"We only had one set of grips, the other is coming from our warehouse"

What that means is that they carry ZERO inventory and just order from other distributors (And hope the distributor has it) and pass it off as their own.

That model never succeeds.

Never again.
  12. twinrider

twinrider Pass the catnip

Oddometer:
    I bought an EK chain from them through Amazon. Before buying I asked if it included a rivet-type master link. They confirmed it did so I placed the order. Upon receiving it I dropped the bike and chain off at the dealer, got it back with a clip-on master link. Turns out that's what it came with. :bluduh Had to spend a couple hours going out to buy a rivet master link and then having it reinstalled. When I complained to them, the response (Jason) was simply sorry with no offer of any partial refund/future discount for my additional costs.

But they do have damn good prices, usually the lowest on Amazon. I have bought a number of other items from them without a problem.
  13. sagedrifter

sagedrifter Southern Explorer

Oddometer:
    I have a sprocket on order. Hopefully I'll get it. It is for a trip in a couple weeks. My first order with them via Amazon...:ddog
  14. WAYoungBill

WAYoungBill Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just got the email with a return shipping label. I'll keep you posted if they accept the return once they receive it, because I have also heard of that happening with this company. :puke1
  15. Thanantos

Thanantos Ride hard.

Oddometer:
    Rider's Discount sells their inventory through their own site, ebay and amazon. They are here in MI. Good company.
  16. XFanMan

XFanMan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Cool another Michigan company, I'll have to check them out. I try to use STG on the east side of the state for street gear when I can too.
  17. UtahFox

UtahFox Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    These guys have terrible customer service - buyer beware.
  18. fredz43

fredz43 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Illinois (right by that road with a curve in it)
    Reviving this thread after a search for powersportsuperstore (their ebay seller name).

I bought a heated grip kit that clearly showed a mounting bracket for the switch in the picture of the item. There was no such bracket included and when I contacted them, they said that you can't go by the pictures they post for the item and they would sell me the bracket for an additional $16. They are listed as a top rated seller on ebay and when looking at their feedback they had 28 negatives in the past month, many of them having the same problem I had. , items shown in pic were not included. Take a lok at ebay item 222953934999 and you wil lsee what I mean.

Just a warning to anybody that is considering buying from them. You may not get what you ordered.
  19. 9Realms

9Realms Drawn in by the complex plot

Oddometer:
    Never heard of them.