F650GS Twin front brake cable options

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by logwart, Aug 20, 2012.

1. logwart

logwart pining for the pines

Oddometer:
    Just got back from a couple days of riding my new F650GS Twin and I must say that I love this bike. I am very pleased with the way it handles on both the highway and FSRs. But I must say that I am a little concerned about the exposure of the front brake cable. I'd appreciate knowing of any options available for protecting it. It seems likely that an object could easily get between the cable and the fork with knarly results.
  2. Guyonabike

Guyonabike Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have been riding the same bike fora year now in all sorts of conditions and places. I agree that the line does look exposed but have yet to have any issues with the routing.
  3. Dorito

Dorito Dreamer and Doer

Oddometer:
    Agreed. Of all the terrible mishaps I have had (done?) to that bike, the front brake has been completely unscathed.
  4. logwart

logwart pining for the pines

Oddometer:
    Thanks for chiming in guys. I am still interested to know if there are any mods that folks have done or of which they are aware. But reassuring to hear your accounts. Thanks! :clap
  5. JRWooden

JRWooden never attribute to malice...

Oddometer:
    You'd think that with all the useless farkles that get made and sold (I tend to think that R/R shield falls into that category for example) that there would be some type shield for the front brake line.

Which even if unneeded, wouldn't be useless ...

Maybe TouraTech is reading this thread? :lol3
  6. Bobo1167

Bobo1167 On a different frequency

Oddometer:
    look under a car.

and besides, any bmw of recent production has brake lines, that are hoses, tubes, that conduit fluid.

My Honda 200, had a front brake cable, it was a cable operated, disc brake caliper. If all things worked as well as that brake and bike overall, society would collapse in an orgasm of leisure. We need shit to be repairable, it keeps idiots like me employed.

bobo