New (to Me) 2000 Kawasaki W650

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by The Jerk, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Duelsporter

Duelsporter Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Very nice. I gotta get some of the later model knee pads.
  2. Bar None

Bar None Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
  3. ORexpat

ORexpat Oregon Expatriate Supporter

Oddometer:
    Saw it on the Yahoo group too. Amazing.

$6300 bid and reserve not met . . . . $8500 buy-it-now . . . the guy shoulda ridden it, gotten 12 years of pleasure and satifaction from the ride, then sold it for $3K. As it is, meh! Sounds like a speculator and poser. If he'd invested his money better, he coulda been rich now! (Or broke :lol3).
  4. GoonerYoda

GoonerYoda Hot Dickens Cider

Oddometer:
    Then spend another $300 or so on new tires.
  5. acap650

acap650 acap650

Oddometer:
    Technically it is not "new" since it was once titled and registered, by ebay's def.: New: A vehicle is considered new if it is purchased directly from a new car franchise dealer and has not yet been registered and issued a title. . . .

I know I'm being overly picky, but I've often wondered how many (if any) of the approximately 2000 US W's are lingering unsold somewhere.
  6. Speedo66

Speedo66 Transient

Oddometer:
    There may be some held by dealers, never registered, maybe displayed but not ridden.
  7. The Jerk

The Jerk Bring us some fresh wine!

Oddometer:
    Yeah, immediate need for new tires (did he armor-all those tires? Asshole) and probably there will be some oil leaks to be sorted once it gets running but other than that, closest you will get to a brand new W650. I don't know about $7500 though...
  8. pumps

pumps Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It's nice but too rich for me. I believe a new W650 in 2001 sold for $6599 suggested list. I think it's a nice bike but for that money I'd like to have it running . No "sorting" to be done. For me , at least, just putting a battery and fuel in would not be enough. There would be more . Tires etc. Murphy's Law.
  9. Speedo66

Speedo66 Transient

Oddometer:
    Taking inflation into account over the past 11 years or so, that price is probably less than the original MSRP.

Since there won't be any more, may be a good deal for someone who wants a new one.
  10. Bar None

Bar None Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I agree with Speedo66 about the W being a decent buy. What does a new Bonneville or W800 cost today? Also it appears to me that W650 prices are going up.

I would not be worried about the lack of use. My 2001 W650 that I bought last year had 2k miles on it and has not had any problems. These are first class quality bikes.
  11. moto vito

moto vito Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I went to the international motorcycle show this weekend to see whats new. Walking by the honda stand there it was in all its glory. A big red standard 4 cyl , air cooled, triple disc, 4 into 1 exhausted CB 1100 F. Wow!! what a bike . The Honda rep said it will be $9995.00. This may be what it takes for Kawasaki to rethink why they are not importing the W800 to the US. Last year Honda cut into there 250 Ninja market with the CBR250R. this year they come out with a Ninja 300 with F.I. & A.B.S. Who knows ?
  12. Speedo66

Speedo66 Transient

Oddometer:
    I bought mine 2 1/2 years ago with 190 miles, zero problems since (well, except for my spill :D). Even cheaped out and used the original tires until they wore out at 6,000 miles a few months ago.
  13. GoonerYoda

Oddometer:
  14. GoonerYoda

Oddometer:
    Would be nice if they did this to the CB1100

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  15. 929bladerunner

929bladerunner Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yep, that looks pretty nice to me too.
  16. Pigford

Pigford British

Oddometer:
    Whats that bland old heap doing in this thread :huh
  17. Irish1

Irish1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Now at $6495 buy it now. This E-Bay one has been listed on various Craigslist sites for months. I search Ad Hunt'R very few days for W650s. There are a few out there still. :wink: Some have garish re-paints, some look beat-up and some look perfect. For some weird reason there seem to be more in Wisconsin and Florida than anywhere else. :eek1

18. Jimmy

Jimmy get in the van! Supporter

Oddometer:
  19. GoonerYoda

Oddometer:
    I'm not sure anyone would buy it for that.
  20. Speedo66

Speedo66 Transient

Oddometer:
    I've seen a few folks here have removed their tank emblems. I got a new one to replace the one my bike slid on, and was wondering how they are removed, and what they're held on with?

Partial post accident progress report: replaced the original broken headlight with a chrome aftermarket one, shell approx. the same size, light itself is the same size. Also replaced the turn signals and throttle cables. Today a friend heated the bent foot peg bracket with a torch, and was able to bend it back into the proper shape.

Aftermarket "euro" bend handle bars have been ordered, should be rideable after that. Keeping an eye out for used right front header pipe and right side passenger grab rail, both of which got scraped.