aldi motorcycle gps with tomtom software??

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Oz and Kiwi Land' started by ruley, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Aussiefinatic

Aussiefinatic n00b

Oddometer:
    Has anyone found a way to place a sheet that protects the screen and makes it readable in direct sunlight on the Aldi GoCruise.
  2. Fatguts McCantRide

Fatguts McCantRide On a diet and learning

Oddometer:
    Yeah but who wants to go to Emu Plains!!! :D (although for $150 it might be worth the ride)
  3. Moose4621

Moose4621 wozza

Oddometer:
    Gympie Aldi had five left @ $100 ea a couple of weeks ago. Right place at the right time for once. :clap I got the unlock loaded ok but igo wont load because of missing voice files, even though I have loaded them, and TomTom doesn't work either.
    I'd love a copy of those files too if it's not too late.
  4. Moose4621

Moose4621 wozza

Oddometer:
    O.K. I got Igo working but without maps. Where do I get maps? I am told Igo amigo uses navteq. A link to a download would be handy.
  5. Chop Chop

Chop Chop Long timer

Oddometer:
    Useful info here.

http://forum.ppcwarez.org/viewforum.php?f=241
  6. SteveXLV

SteveXLV Bringyagrogalong

Oddometer:
    After rooting around with my unit I bought from Aldi in August, I finally lost patience. Main problem was it didn't connect to the laptop most times I tried, and refused to do so for the past month. Couldn't get the mapping planner thing working at all.
    Rang Route 66 help line and after much procrastination the girl admitted that the R66 site had been down for "some time". When I asked like weeks or months, she said "Yes".
    She told me to do it on the unit and not bother wiht the PC. Of clourse that was not what the brochure said.
    Took it back and they reversed the visa card transaction. Good on Aldi for backing their customers after almost four months. As for R66 - forget it!
  7. Moose4621

Moose4621 wozza

Oddometer:
    Thanks for your help there, problem solved. Now, about that Tom Tom software........
    Does it record your track for later review? ie, where the hell did I just go? Or, have the ability to back track?

Regards Moose
  8. Chop Chop

Chop Chop Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sorry mate, don't know, don't use it. See if you can download a user manual.

cheers.
  9. KLEaner

KLEaner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    yay - got mine working except without Route66 and Ozi explorer menu (any tips on this :ear

Cheers
    Ian
  10. Chop Chop

Chop Chop Long timer

Oddometer:
    I removed them from the setup files. Let me know if you want them.
  11. moose59

moose59 n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi guys, I have one of the Aldi S530 gps units and would be grateful for any help in removing crappy Route 66 and installing TomTom
  12. Aussiefinatic

Aussiefinatic n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks Offagain for the help setting up my multiple Aldi gps, your the expert..
    all the sofware appears to work but have difficulty with FM on tom tom.
    Believe that TomTom is the fastet to get position over IGO and would be my first choice.
    Have problem setting a route with waypoint rather than destinations.

Want to know the smartest way to set a destination and force it to go by nominated waypoints, and how to set a destination and use a selection of rutes to get there or am I expecting too muich.

Presently in hospital recovering from a stroke, with double vision so will not be riding for aawhile.

David

13. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    About 1/2 of my screen took on a very faded look today and has become very hard to see/read. A quick phone call and warranty to be done as it is out of its 60 day return period.

Pity, as it has worked perfectly until now and been through a lot of crappy weather and a few hard drops.
  14. Medic

Medic Window licker

Oddometer:
  15. Chop Chop

Chop Chop Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey David,

Hope you recover quickly.

Without looking in the manuals, you may be able to create POI's / waypoints from map coordinates and then create a series of routes from one POI/waypoint to the next. Time consuming but it may be the only way. Have not tried this myself. This probably comes under itinenary planning in TomTom. The manuals may provide a better answer.

http://www.tomtom.com/support/support.php?ID=3&Language=4
  16. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    If you are running the Garmin setup on this GPS can you run Oztopo off of an SD card?
  17. Shrek650

Shrek650 Guest

:thumb