Fuel Gauge Quit working...

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by blksilverado, Jan 19, 2009.

1. blksilverado

blksilverado Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The fuel gauge quit working on my 2009 GSA this weekend, is there anything I can do before I take it to the dealer for warranty repair?

Thanks

Tom
  2. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Even when it works, it's for entertainment purposes only. If it's completey dead, not much you can do..
  3. blksilverado

blksilverado Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great... Was hoping for a majical cure.. :> Hate looking at that friggin Yellow triange and seeing the fuel flash... I guess it's off to the dealer for repair. :ddog
  4. RoundTrip

RoundTrip Unintentional deerslayer

Oddometer:
    Let the dealer fix it, no worries. BTW, mine is very accurate so it is possible.

Make sure you get any software updates or recall/campaigns done on the same trip for your convenience.

-jeff
  5. henryammons

henryammons n00b

Oddometer:
    Mine quit working in the first three months on my 2008. The Dealer let me know that their worst case was one that was replaced four times, but the fourth took. The one they installed on my bike is quite accurate. I would recommend having it fixed since the yellow triangle is useful for other things too--it let me know that I was soon going to have a flat (nail in tire) while running down the highway.