Norra 2013

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Strong Bad, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Baja Dad

Baja Dad Long timer

Oddometer:
  2. Racer20

Racer20 East West Racing

Oddometer:
    Hey look, the east coast guys got a mention..
  3. Pantah

Pantah Jiggy Dog Fan Supporter

Oddometer:
    Navigating savvy? :rofl

And all this time I thought you guys had speed... :D
  4. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
    they were quick on that 350
  5. Racer20

Racer20 East West Racing

Oddometer:

Yea you are right Pantah, we were definitely not to savvy on the navigate.. point and twist.. and a lotta luck..
  6. Strong Bad

Strong Bad Former World's Foremost Authority

Oddometer:
    Last year I helped the Gordon/Arciero/Crabtree team along with Cam Theriot's Lucky Sperm team. Well Cam has stepped up to the plate and rather than racing his pre-runner he has bought a vintage racer just fo racing NORRA. The car is one of the most Bad Ass cars ever to be raced in Baja:

Here it is as Cam Bought it from Don Adams yesterday:
    [​IMG]
    Here it is as it was raced by Bob Gordon & Scoop Vessels:
    [​IMG]
    Another of Scoop:
    [​IMG]
    And finally the the guy who first built it and raced it, none other than Parnelli Jones:
    [​IMG]

Hang on to your hats ladies and gents this is going to be good!
  7. crankshaft

crankshaft Guns are for pussies

Oddometer:
    I wonder if Baja Dad has ever broken the "!" button on a keyboard from over use?:lol3
  8. Wannabeeuro

Wannabeeuro Tuner chic

Oddometer:
    Are those real knock off wheels?!:huh
  9. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
    Don picked a good co driver

[​IMG]
  10. Baja Dad

Baja Dad Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have to replace it every 500 posts !!!!!!!!:lol3
  11. drc42

drc42 Rally Dreamer

Oddometer:
    Curious if anybody knows what the options will be for pit support this year. I wasn't too happy with where MAG 7 set up last year, all of the stops were on the specials, even on the short special stages. Understandable on the long ones but on the shorter ones where there should be no problem on fuel range would be very nice if they could set up on the transit, either at the start or end of a stage so we didn't have to burn time on the specials getting fuel.

I am still all little annoyed at MAG 7's lack of organization last year, setting up too late on one stage so the fast guys never got fuel (of course that wasn't a problem for me :lol3) but more importantly the fact that they set up on a spot that wasn't even on the actual race corse on the last day. Unless I hear from good authority that they are better organized this year I am not giving them any money and will try to figure out fuel on my own.
  12. Strong Bad

Oddometer:
    Except for the last special on day 1, most entries support vehicles can be at both the start and end of all of the specials. Also, there are just too few entries requiring help to allow additional services to break even on expenses. So I highly doubt there would be any additional pit support services coming out of the woodwork.
  13. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    If you can keep up with your race vehicles, says the guy with two thumbs pointing at himself, i.e., me.
  14. drc42

drc42 Rally Dreamer

Oddometer:
    Which gets even trickier when you have multiple riders supported by the same team. Imagine if you were trying to support both a slow rider (like me) and a fast rider (like Gilkey). No way you would have caught back up if you waited at the end of a stage to fuel me up.
  15. Maineroot

Maineroot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I picked up this 1973 Ford Quadravan 4x4 last week.

It was a former Ambulance for the Teton County Wyoming Backcountry Search and Recue unit.

El Spiderman is trying to talk me into entering it into this years race and ditching the bikes!!!!

El Dr. Feel Bueno?

The interior has operating lights above the gurney, hookups for vacuum pump and 2 heaters (NO A/C!).....

Attached Files:

16. Strong Bad

Oddometer:
    I had no problems keeping up with the over all winner for the 1st two years. I can't imagine anyone would think of trying to support 2 racers with one support vehicle. That just isn't going to work period.

That is unless you are Tim Morton and you all but live in Baja and have friends in every fish camp.:rofl:rofl:rofl
  17. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    I didn't know what I should have done. I learned that depart times should have been earlier, and I should have done all 3 S's before leaving in the morning. After that, I was behind all day!!
  18. Locker43

Locker43 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Don't forget the photo op along the road as I rode past!
  19. crankshaft

crankshaft Guns are for pussies

Oddometer:
    You practiced the "Attack position" in front of the mirror at home didn't you?:lol3
  20. BAZZER450

BAZZER450 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    hmmm this really does need some thought .. As we are going to have two riders outta 1 truck ... and the speeds will be different between the 2 riders . i guess the course will have to be released and liason times posted to see the margin of safety you have on transit .. fuel will be an issue. Do you think the chase will have lotsa time to get from the start to the finnish of the specials? you guys really have me thinking this might be an issue. What do you think the biggest time difference could be and still keep up ?