Chix in the Stix, No. Six - so they tell me

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Miss Jane, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Miss Jane

Miss Jane Ride like a girl

Oddometer:
    Time for a ride girls. This Chix in the Stix we have an international guest, and dear friend returning. GS Dane will be in Australia to ride with us once again. So here are the details:

16th and 17th March 2013
    Spectacular Goldie Spur track is our goal, and camping in the beautiful Buckland Valley our destination.

As always, all women welcome. The road into the Buckland Valley is dirt, but easy dirt. Same goes for Goldie Spur Track, however it is steep and windy - lots of hairpin bends and breath taking views to take your eyes away from the road. :eek1

Carry in all your camping gear - remember it can get cold in this part of Victoria, even in summer. Also bring your food and water. The Buckland River flows by all the campsites, however with people up stream doing ???? in the water, and cattle, I'm bringing my own uncontaminated water.

I for one, can't wait.
    :clap

change of venue, see page 6 for details, post No. 82.
  2. GSDane

GSDane Ride like a girl

Oddometer:
    :wave Yep... will be visiting and looking forward to this one :clap

I hope to see lots of great Chix on this ride (and in generel to meet - or catch up - with lots of friends :thumb)

I know that you are having a bit of a heat wave coming through at the moment... no matter how this is when I fly in on the 22nd of February it will be a major change to our weather here at the moment: :lol3

[​IMG]
    The first column is thursday, 10th of January and so on :eek1 (yep, we do celcius!!)

See ya... cheers, GSDane.
  3. TigerNoir

TigerNoir Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Wow that's cold GSDane. Wish I lived in Victoria Miss Jane so I could tag along. Sounds like my kinda ride.

I don't think there are too many Chick ADV riders in WA. Maybe I'll ask around and organise some chix in the stix rides over here.

Have fun on your ride girls and post a RR for me too drool over, won't you?:clap
  4. Canary

Canary Long timer

Oddometer:
    :hmmmmm
  5. itsgunnahurt

itsgunnahurt Gravity Enhanced!

Oddometer:
    You know you want to... :D
  6. grumpyoldbstrd

grumpyoldbstrd Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Gark Janester. You're gonna have a busy March. Wonnangatta 1st W/E, Cold Flame the next, then the Chix, & the Sidecar Rally the W/E after. So when did you retire?
    GOB
  7. jardine

jardine 86

Oddometer:
    Not sure Jane if I will be there or not will let you know closer to the day, I would love to go so will try see you on Grumpys Getabout
  8. GSDane

GSDane Ride like a girl

Oddometer:
    Hi TigerNoir... would be great if you could tag along.
    Have just read your fantastic RR from your wonderful trip across the Nullabor (Perth to Victoria - One Girl & her Tiger 800)... and I reckon that you could just head across again and join us in March :clap
    Anyway... love your ride and completely understand your explanation about "nothing bravery... just got onto the bike and went for a ride" :thumb
    And can only recommend the XC (that is if you have got long legs :D)

Hi Canary... long time :wave
    Does this mean that you've already started thinking of what to bring on the Chix-ride or...?

Hey Jardine... hope to see you on this one as well - but will definitely catch up on the GG :thumb

Cheers, Dorthe.
  9. Canary

Canary Long timer

Oddometer:
    Only have the DR650 now, so no choice of bikes to ride. :D

What bike will you be riding? :ear
  10. spaghettilegs

spaghettilegs Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I may be joining you as well. :norton
  11. Adventcha UnCut

Adventcha UnCut Wannabe

Oddometer:
    Husky Girl's SM610, the adventurised version for short people which could be interesting given that Dorthe is not short :D
    So I'd better get busy and do an oil & filter change on it and clean out the instrument cluster of dust so it works before delivery to Miss Jane's this weekend. A Pit Boy's work never finishes:lol3
  12. Powermel1

Powermel1 Adventurer in Training

Oddometer:
    On count down here....

Just have to replace head stem bearings beforehand in Shrpa.
  13. Precis

Precis Maladroit malcontent

Oddometer:
  14. GSDane

GSDane Ride like a girl

Oddometer:
    :clap Looking forward to seeing you and the S.Sherpa.
    ... all female riders are welcome! :pynd

Thanks for the reply, M!
    I didn't want to be that "pushy" and put it up myself :lol3
    Looking very much forward to the Husky :ricky

Cheers, D.
  15. McCardigan

McCardigan happy Budda

Oddometer:
    Oh Dear

And the F800GS is looking so nice.
    Pete and Lyn have spent so much time prepping it.

Oh well.

Guess I will take it for a ride up to the Karugh rally
  16. GSDane

GSDane Ride like a girl

Oddometer:
    Ohhhhh no…
    Chris, would you please not mention to the wonderful F800 that I'm seeing someone else at the same time :augie

And I will be taking it out for a long spin… just the two of us :clap(clean or not after your trip :thumb)
  17. Miss Jane

Miss Jane Ride like a girl

Oddometer:
    Hi folks, sorry for starting a thread then not posting for 3 weeks.

I've been in bush in SW Tassie, using the legs to get around :knary No internet down there, no walking tracks either ... phew! Just stunning scenery, a heap of rubbish washed up on beaches and a few Sea Spurge, until we weeded them out. :clap Oh and did I mention the scenery, simply stunning.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to catching up with you lot, old friends and new girls who want to come along. :wave

Yeah Grumpy, March is looking like a solid riding month, bring it on. :clap:clap:clap
    Some where in there I have to help the fella finish building our house. We are supposed to have it done by Easter. :eek1
  18. huskygirl

huskygirl HuskyGirl

Oddometer:
    Hi Everyone

Well the stars align and I made it to Chix 1 and now 6. Well if the Husky was going to go without me I think the XCountry would have serious words with me!!

Hmm, I wouldn't mind riding the 800 I'm seriously wondering if I could just have a little more power. I've got an idea let's ride all the bikes (well those I can touch the ground on).

Dorthe: Husky is excited about being taken out for some serious riding.

Oh, and if you are interested the week before Easter (23rd March) we will be in Tassie for the Cancer ride and some serious kms on dirt around the pretty island. I think Miss Jane mentioned something about scenery was okay down there.
  19. huskygirl

huskygirl HuskyGirl

Oddometer:
    :clap

20. McCardigan

McCardigan happy Budda

Oddometer:
    Don't panic!

Miss Helda understands.

She has been stood up, and fallen over before:lol3:lol3:lol3

I'm off tomorrow afternoon heading to Canberra via Beet's and Trish's, for a funeral. Staying with Dennis and Layly, will spend a couple of days visiting the War Museum. Was going to go up to Qld to visit RTO and Judy, but given the current conditions, will pass.

After Kaurah, back home for a service and new rear tyre, ready for your arrival.

All is well:clap