Ultra gravel-traveller. RC8´ed Adv-S...

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by LocuL, May 29, 2010.

1. LocuL

LocuL Gnarly Steward

Oddometer:
    Thankyou again. Lets how long it goes before something falls off :evil

jimmibanke:
    I´m in Sønderborg the next 3½ month. Weekends are all family. But when we get some real summer we can have an ice-race to Skagen(on the sandy highway). We could make some LC8 meeting?!

TA-zappa:
    Thanks and regarding your thoughts the 17/17 setup is an test. I came from a 19/17 setup and it were great. Anyway, i don´t want to tear up a good K60 as long i´m on the tar for school. I admit i miss some 21/18.

Salzig:
    Sounds nice...i´ve tried the praying thing once. Didn´t turn out as i thought and then the project was started. It worked :D

Motofeits:
    I´ve never thought i should tiptoe any 17/17 setup...the 21/18 will be somewhat hellish tall.

Liferider:
    Yes it may turn some on and i would clearly undestand other thoughts. When i get the 21/18 setup and some proper front fender it should line up better.

DK Dan:
    PM me for details.

Videos with proper sound will eventually come.

Regards
  2. Salzig

Salzig Comfortably dumb

Oddometer:
    Definitely. Once again, great job :thumb
  3. Motorfiets

Motorfiets Long timer

Oddometer:
    :lol3

[​IMG]
  4. DakarBlues

DakarBlues One-everythinged man

Oddometer:
    Let's call it "DESERT EXPRESS", as the proud heir of Gaston Rahier's DR Big!
  5. keener

keener Speed changes you.

Oddometer:
    rainbow chain?!!! WTF!:rofl
  6. gefr

gefr Life is a trip

Oddometer:
    Have you tested it. Do you think yours has some advantages?
    Cheers.
  7. keener

keener Speed changes you.

Oddometer:
    u r kidding right?
  8. DakarBlues

DakarBlues One-everythinged man

Oddometer:
    Rainbow colors were the symbol of VSD (Vendredi-Samedi-Dimanche) or Friday-Saturday-Sunday, a French magazine that was a sponsor to Paris-Dakar. No sexist (or antisexist) reason here for that rainbow chain :)
  9. LocuL

LocuL Gnarly Steward

Oddometer:
    Gefr:
    Difficult to tell since i haven´t ridden the 1190 Adv. Though i would bed that it is way more composed and feels better at speed on the tar(2013 model that is). No doubt about that. 98+ bhp on the tar and 320mm suspension travel would work against each other somehow.
    When i get it used much more i can tell way more around good or bad regarding the bike. Furthermore when time allows i would put some thoughts into this project and describe what i would change and what worked.

Without confirming i would think the price in Denmark would be around 50k usd. Maybe some of the Danish guys can chime in on that. Even if i could i would probably not buy it. My wife would kill me with more bikes.

Mikael
  10. SorenSand

SorenSand autodidact :-[

Oddometer:
    Jutland West - Dinamarca, Dänemark, Denmark
    Just sell the xt250 and make room for a new one...:evil

I've seen it live and it's nice. You guys must look forward to the full report on the bike. Some wery nice solutions all the way around. He's not god on compromise :D
  11. LocuL

LocuL Gnarly Steward

Oddometer:
    njaa... thanks but the lighthouse isn´t really working. Need to make it weatherproof. Though i´ve been looking at the Raid designs tower system, which maybe could ben an better solution. Or i could work some up with fiberglass but time isn´t on my side.

Why is work allways taking so much time...

What ever.

Pictures, we all like pictures.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. liferider

liferider Never It's enough

Oddometer:
    You have been asked if you have considered the 1190ADV release before you launched your project... well, as far as I can tell, having followed your develope and character though your thread, and besides the 1190ADV cost and all other considerations, I think this kind of projects never are only a money issue or an already factory running bike availability...

Thousands of kilometers away from you as I am, I'm almost sure that since day one the main goal always was a project of your own where you can unleash your skills, tools, your imagination and your intelligence.

Going further, the fact of now having a bike which is unique in the world may be is just a part of your award, may be the big award is the fulfillness provided by all those working days and nights, all the problems you have solved, all your vigour and attitude.

Am I wrong? Correct me please.

Sometimes, our projects tell more about us than a milion words:clap

And now you have the testing-debug-improve stage, the party never ends.
    Cheers man, congrats again!
  13. LocuL

LocuL Gnarly Steward

Oddometer:
    Grand words Liferider and i thank you.

I agree.

But, "unleash your skills, tools, your imagination and your intelligence".
    Not that I wouldn´t like to have these "skills" in the beginning. But I did not. I would like to think of it, as i travelled(in my mind), untravelled roads. Beside the most important help i got here(Søren/Svane) i think my ability to achieve my knowledge via autoditactism. Which for sure also would explain the lack of speed in the progress.

Imagination(I have a dream) have been the main topic. The bike actually came out as dreamed, 2½ year after the first thoughts. Not much got changed, it may come, but the 3 pointers were.

1 - 60ish liter of fuel
    2 - Way better suspension
    3 - 150+ bhp

Pictures explain better.

[​IMG]
  14. BRUNO BOTELHO

BRUNO BOTELHO Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice job :clap:clap:clap
    It must be great to dream with a project and to achieve it :clap
    Congrats!

I would love to see a video with this "beast" running and screaming :evil
  15. KTMSAM

KTMSAM Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've been watching this thread for the last 5 months and have read almost every post about it, and this is a truly inspirational thread! I'm sure there will be some more tweaks and hopefully small bumps in the road, but nothing that your suspension can't handle :evil

I can't wait to see it with dirt shoes on and hopefully a video!
    Congrats again! :clap:clap:clap
    KTMSAM
  16. Deviant666

Deviant666 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Come on George I know you better and I don't think that was a legitimate question from a seeker like you...It seems more like an effort to reach the 3000th post in the forum...;)
  17. triplenickel

triplenickel Long timer

Oddometer:

Or a weak attempt to hide some envy. ;)
  18. LocuL

LocuL Gnarly Steward

Oddometer:
    An update on the machines performance or the lack there of.

Small update has been touched since the bike became rideable. I´ve made the light housing vvaterproof and some other stuff.

Bike is good for riding up to 140-150 gps km/hour. That vvould be vvith an full tank. VVhen tank gets to the last 10-30% it can only perform 100-110 km/hour. VVhen i grab an fistful of throttle the bike stalls completely. Engine runs, but i think the fueling cant keep up. The above state it pretty vvell. I´m certainly no vvay near the HP the RC8R perform.

This made me think about the external fuel pump option again. Though i may be able to put in the RC8 pump in the Safaris. Though if going for the external, i´ve lost count of hovv much pressure the RC8R EFI bridge needs. There are a lot of options for upgrading the pump. But i´m a bid lost.

Hope all are having fun vvith there rides out there.

Regards
  19. Motorfiets

Motorfiets Long timer

Oddometer:
    Can I send you a new keyboard? :lol3

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
  20. liferider

liferider Never It's enough

Oddometer:
    :lol3

I've been tempted for a while to say something about Locul's "vv" but then I imagined danish don't use the "w"... quite pintoresque... :D