ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-14-2014, 07:44 PM   #76
Dirtwoman
Plexus Princess
 
Dirtwoman's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Pcola
Oddometer: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeGarrett View Post
Got to the following shops today to drop-off fliers and discuss rides and location for camping.

Did NOT get to PMS today so if someone else can get by there and talk to Greg, Jimmy, etc..that would be great. Oh, and drop off some fliers too.
I can get to PMS...I used to work there . Email flyer to dirtwoman97@yahoo.com


I MIGHT be able to ride saturday with you... depending on other ride I already had planned with friend. She is currently sick, so I doubt she will be riding, but I will see.
__________________
I ride OK....For a GIRL!
Dirtwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 08:30 PM   #77
Allaces
Clowns to left of me
 
Joined: Nov 2013
Oddometer: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
If you are looking for something to do I need folks who can pre-ride the Trot using my GPX tracks.

I need someone who I can email GPX files to and they can put in GPS and then go and follow them while making actual tracks that they can send me in return.

this will be a big help. So all you GPS savy guys out there let me know. For all you non technoids - go find a technoid to follow...

AllAces you up for this? Go a northern loop of about 75 miles ready

I know Madhouse knows... got a 200 mile all street route I need checked out and actual tracks made.

Others?

Hey Vico,
Yep, Im good to go as soon as i get back in town on Wednesday. Free for a while. If you want to send me the GPX now, thats fine. I have my Montana with me up here where im riding.
Let me know what else i can do!
Allaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 08:47 PM   #78
Allaces
Clowns to left of me
 
Joined: Nov 2013
Oddometer: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeGarrett View Post
Somebody needs to get him reeled in. He's gotten completely out of control ever since Bruce (Rotorhead) left. Gimmee is such a good teacher. I think he's try'n to adopt Allaces to be his new student. He has tried to help me out with some ride'n skills but say's I'm too old and unteachable and that I'm gonna die with ALL my bad habits.

To which I replied, thanks for the pep-talk, Dicksmack!
This adoption thing needs to be more lucrative!! Do i get access to his bikes? :-)
Allaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 09:16 PM   #79
OrangeGarrett
Ride'n With Rupert
 
OrangeGarrett's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2013
Location: Southeastern Mountain Range
Oddometer: 651
Even if I did have copy, I'm too ignorant to send it to you.

If you get stood up Sat, come on out & do the pre-run. I've never seen Open Pond area.

Sent smoke signal over to Vico with request to email copy to you.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtwoman View Post
I can get to PMS...I used to work there . Email flyer to dirtwoman97@yahoo.com


I MIGHT be able to ride saturday with you... depending on other ride I already had planned with friend. She is currently sick, so I doubt she will be riding, but I will see.
__________________
Of course, I can explain it for you.
I just can't understand it for you.
OrangeGarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 09:18 PM   #80
OrangeGarrett
Ride'n With Rupert
 
OrangeGarrett's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2013
Location: Southeastern Mountain Range
Oddometer: 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaces View Post
This adoption thing needs to be more lucrative!! Do i get access to his bikes? :-)
Absolutely. One time he let Bruce sleep on his property under the truck case'n it rained. Now that's a mentor if ever I seen one.
__________________
Of course, I can explain it for you.
I just can't understand it for you.
OrangeGarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 09:21 PM   #81
OrangeGarrett
Ride'n With Rupert
 
OrangeGarrett's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2013
Location: Southeastern Mountain Range
Oddometer: 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaces View Post
Hey Vico,
Yep, Im good to go as soon as i get back in town on Wednesday. Free for a while. If you want to send me the GPX now, thats fine. I have my Montana with me up here where im riding.
Let me know what else i can do!

Not look'n good for meeting ya at Highland Park on Tue.

Will know something tomorrow.
__________________
Of course, I can explain it for you.
I just can't understand it for you.
OrangeGarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 10:17 PM   #82
bzrider
Beastly Adventurer
 
bzrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: p cola
Oddometer: 2,617
I am going to miss another one . I will be offshore those dates
__________________
A GS IS A DIRT BIKE, U CAN'T RIDE>
bzrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 02:16 AM   #83
Vico1 OP
The Maestro
 
Vico1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Ft Walton Beach FL
Oddometer: 5,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzrider View Post
I am going to miss another one . I will be offshore those dates
BZ - sorry to hear that.

Come ride with us before you go out. We will be testing tracks etc
__________________
KTM 500 EXC Yellow Vee Black DR650
A few others in the past

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 07:24 AM   #84
bzrider
Beastly Adventurer
 
bzrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: p cola
Oddometer: 2,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
BZ - sorry to hear that.

Come ride with us before you go out. We will be testing tracks etc
I need to get a couple of duel sport slow burn rides in 1 to adjust back to a light bike and 2 , I still don't have a lot of feeling in my left hand and no strength. What's the plan for the next 10 days or so I am off till Aug 26 .I would like to test the bike out .
__________________
A GS IS A DIRT BIKE, U CAN'T RIDE>
bzrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 07:52 AM   #85
Dirtwoman
Plexus Princess
 
Dirtwoman's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Pcola
Oddometer: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeGarrett View Post
Even if I did have copy, I'm too ignorant to send it to you.

If you get stood up Sat, come on out & do the pre-run. I've never seen Open Pond area.

Sent smoke signal over to Vico with request to email copy to you.
I got flyer from Vic.. thank you. I will go by today at lunch.
__________________
I ride OK....For a GIRL!
Dirtwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 10:07 AM   #86
1V-MAN
Gnarly Adventurer
 
1V-MAN's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Beaver, PA Palm Coast, FL
Oddometer: 136
Recently bought a house in Palm Coast and plan (looking forward to it) to spend the cold months "south". I am hoping to be in FL 24/25 Sept ... as long as the plan holds I'd really like to do the TT ride(s). Please add me as a 96.5% IN

Another note if anybody is in the Palm Coast area and would like to share some good routes I'd be all ears

Don
__________________
If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything
1V-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 10:55 AM   #87
Vico1 OP
The Maestro
 
Vico1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Ft Walton Beach FL
Oddometer: 5,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1V-MAN View Post
Recently bought a house in Palm Coast and plan (looking forward to it) to spend the cold months "south". I am hoping to be in FL 24/25 Sept ... as long as the plan holds I'd really like to do the TT ride(s). Please add me as a 96.5% IN

Another note if anybody is in the Palm Coast area and would like to share some good routes I'd be all ears

Don
We would love to have you join us... ahhh you do realize Palm Coast is a pretty good ride from Pensacola/Panhandle area.

But hey it should be worth it.
__________________
KTM 500 EXC Yellow Vee Black DR650
A few others in the past

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 11:22 AM   #88
vincetampa
Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2013
Oddometer: 24
This sounds good. I'm in.
__________________
_______________________


2007 KTM 300 XCW - Tagged and ready to go...
vincetampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 11:59 AM   #89
Ogre_fl
Beastly Adventurer
 
Ogre_fl's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Cook Bayou, FL
Oddometer: 2,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
We would love to have you join us... ahhh you do realize Palm Coast is a pretty good ride from Pensacola/Panhandle area.

But hey it should be worth it.
There used a be a time where most people on this site actually rode their bikes to events and a few hours was not considered "a pretty good ride".
Ogre_fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:05 PM   #90
1V-MAN
Gnarly Adventurer
 
1V-MAN's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Beaver, PA Palm Coast, FL
Oddometer: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
We would love to have you join us... ahhh you do realize Palm Coast is a pretty good ride from Pensacola/Panhandle area.

But hey it should be worth it.
Thanks, I did look to see "where" and I figure 6 hours ... no problem. Riding is therapy for me so no problem just a benefit! I've been known to ride from NH (seacoast area) to TN for a BBQ with friends, it's all good. Hope to meet a bunch of you guys there.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogre_fl View Post
There used a be a time where most people on this site actually rode their bikes to events and a few hours was not considered "a pretty good ride".
I guess it's all relative, I know guys that think a hundred miles is a long ride ... I'm not allowed to lead rides with our local group anymore Last ride I led we were going for "the best pizza" ... multiple states and a couple hundred miles and we were there

This ride I may load up only because I'd like to bring two bikes and no way to ride them both. I'm interested in the street and ds ride so the F800gsa would get worked and the dirtbike portion would get the wr450 ...
__________________
If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything
1V-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014