User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2014, 12:15 PM   #91
Dirtwoman
Plexus Princess

Oddometer: 217
Pms

Flyers have been dropped off and displayed.... I also notice a few less workers there... :( Not good for the moto business there....
Old 08-15-2014, 01:25 PM   #92
OrangeGarrett
Ride'n With Rupert

Oddometer: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtwoman View Post
Flyers have been dropped off and displayed.... I also notice a few less workers there... :( Not good for the moto business there....
I can't really relate, but very sorry to hear that you are having PMS troubles today.....,,,,,,,,,,Oooooooh, you meant Pensacola Motorsports! My bad.

Thank you so much for helping out with the fliers and thanks to Vic for being able to read the smoke signals I sent last night. Hell, I couldn't even proof read them after sending.

You ride'n with the Boys in the morning or are you wussing out like a girl?
Old 08-15-2014, 01:57 PM   #93
Dirtwoman
Plexus Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeGarrett View Post
I can't really relate, but very sorry to hear that you are having PMS troubles today.....,,,,,,,,,,Oooooooh, you meant Pensacola Motorsports! My bad.

Thank you so much for helping out with the fliers and thanks to Vic for being able to read the smoke signals I sent last night. Hell, I couldn't even proof read them after sending.

I just knew you were going to comment on "PMS".....beatings for you later.

I am talking to friend girl now if she will be riding street tomorrow or not. She would love to ride dual sport one day... I am working on helping her out with that. Anyway, I will let you know as soon as I can if I am riding with you and the boys tomorrow or not.

I could use a good ride before the Land Between the Lakes dual sport coming up anyway... especially since I will be in Atlanta next weekend for EnduroCross.
Old 08-15-2014, 02:10 PM   #94
OrangeGarrett
Ride'n With Rupert

TT VI Beast Ride

Completed the maiden voyage today. There are some very nice roads with ton's of photo op's. Some beautiful "Open Land" areas where you can see for several miles in all directions.

It makes stops at some of the beautiful lakes and campsites in the area like Karick Lake, Hurricane Lake, Bear lake and I was really impressed with the Open Pond area up in the Conecuh National Forest.

And of course, I had lunch at Gators in Baker....porkchops, lima beans, okra, mashed taters & gravy, sweet tea and a chocolate malt. Don't know why I finished the ride in a food induced coma.

Vic will tweak a couple of areas on the 200 mile route where a roadway doesn't go through and two of the roads that look paved are not. So those will be taken out/changed so that the Beast/Street ride will be all on pavement.

A few of us are gonna do a first run on one of the Dual-Sport routes tomorrow and unlike today, it should be 90% dirt. Total of the tracks for tomorrow is just over 100 miles with fuel in the township of Wing on the route.

Meeting at Hurricane Lake day use area (no fee) with a wheels up time of 0830. This is south entrance off Kennedy Bridge Road. This is just south of the Trot campsite.

Believe it or not, Google Earth is not always 100% correct when it comes to roads, trails, areas, etc...SO, until this track is actually ridden and distances established, I would recommend that your bike should be able to cover at least 75 miles on one tank of fuel. Usually not a problem for a dual sport bike.

See ya in the morning for some more 'splorin.
Old 08-15-2014, 02:55 PM   #95
Vico1 OP
The Maestro

Oddometer: 5,733
Terminology Clarification

I have been advised that I am incorrect is saying dirt bike ride or any reference to what might be construed at a non-plated loud ass off road race bike of any description.

So regardless of what you street legal vehicle you choose to ride, I will from now on refer to the rides/routes/tracks as:

Dual Sport (DS) 90 dirt
Adventure Ride (ADV) 60/40 dirt/street
Street Only (Beast Ride) what to you think

All clear now

I know but you don't see all my PMs (with a little s and not that girly thingy)

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 03:15 PM   #96
OrangeGarrett
Ride'n With Rupert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post

All clear now
As Tom Cruise says in "A few good men"

Crystal
Old 08-15-2014, 03:26 PM   #97
Madhouse
Semi-Goodlookin!

Oddometer: 3,170
Quote:
I have been advised that I am incorrect is saying dirt bike ride or any reference to what might be construed at a non-plated loud ass off road race bike of any description.

So regardless of what you street legal vehicle you choose to ride, I will from now on refer to the rides/routes/tracks as:

Dual Sport (DS) 90 dirt
Street only (Beast Ride) what to you think

All clear now

Huh?
We're gonna need a "Beast" leader......
Old 08-15-2014, 03:41 PM   #98
motomike14
Thumper Crusader

Oddometer: 1,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1V-MAN View Post
Recently bought a house in Palm Coast and plan (looking forward to it) to spend the cold months "south". I am hoping to be in FL 24/25 Sept ... as long as the plan holds I'd really like to do the TT ride(s). Please add me as a 96.5% IN

Another note if anybody is in the Palm Coast area and would like to share some good routes I'd be all ears

Don
I'm from Palm Coast. Actually moving back that way in next few weeks. Try and link up once everything is settled.

I drink the koolaid too...just not the orange kind.
motomike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 05:41 PM   #99
Dirtwoman
Plexus Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeGarrett View Post

You have been ditched by a girl for a girl.... don't let that go to your head.... either one of them! You all have fun... wish I could do BOTH...
Old 08-16-2014, 04:55 PM   #100
1V-MAN
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 143
Quote:

Dual Sport (DS) 90 dirt
Street Only (Beast Ride) what to you think

All clear now

Vico1 -

I hope my mention of dirt ride and my WR450 did not cause your overload of PM's ... My WR is plated and road legal, not real quiet but certainly not obnoxious ... I don't think!

Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomike14 View Post
I'm from Palm Coast. Actually moving back that way in next few weeks. Try and link up once everything is settled.
Motomike -

That sounds great! I hope to be back down ... sooner then later.

Don
Old 08-16-2014, 07:22 PM   #101
ChuckV
Itinerant Settler

Oddometer: 56
Thumb Home Brew Transport?

I plan on riding to the TT on my Tiger. If anyone from Tallahassee can transport some home brew for the cause, let me know. I can supply the ice chest(s).

Count me in for the ADV rides on Sat/Sun. If I knew more about water crossings, I would opt for the DS ride.

Cheers,

Chuck
Old 08-17-2014, 05:59 AM   #102
Vico1 OP
The Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1V-MAN View Post
Vico1 -

I hope my mention of dirt ride and my WR450 did not cause your overload of PM's ... My WR is plated and road legal, not real quiet but certainly not obnoxious ... I don't think!

Don

Motomike -

That sounds great! I hope to be back down ... sooner then later.

Don

No it was not you but me. I keep referring to dirt bike when I should be saying DS bike. Im from Enduro back ground and old habits die hard. I still call motorcycles "scooters" no matter what it is.

Look forward to seeing you.

Old 08-18-2014, 05:24 PM   #103
Vico1 OP
The Maestro

Preliminary Tracks

We are moving along with verifying routes and thanks to OG and gang for pre running some.

I do have routes available if anyone want to preride them and then send me recent track back.

Let me know if you want to help in this.

I will need an email.. many already have sent in email just let me know you want to preride...

Old 08-19-2014, 06:16 PM   #104
OrangeGarrett
Ride'n With Rupert

Trot Adventure Bike Route

Attention Owners of Big Adventure Bikes!

We were asked by the local Motorcycle Dlrs to design a ride that would be un-intimidating while still being mostly tarmac free. A route that you don't have to worry about getting lost, or stuck crossing a muddy creek, or running into 10-12" of sugar sand. Well, we've got "just the ticket" for you, even if your trusty steed is a BMW 1200 GS, KTM 1190 Adv, Triumph 1200 Explorer, Yamaha Tenere, Suzuki V-Strom, Ducati 1200 Multi-Strada, etc...

The last one mentioned is what I road the entire route on today. And it has Michelin Pilot Road 4 GT tires mounted on it. So whether your ride has something like Continental TKC 80's or more street oriented tires, no Problemo.

The entire route is 135 miles. Took me 5 hrs and one minute to complete and that includes 30 min lunch at Gators. Just over 100 of the 135 miles is non-paved, gravel, clay, dirt, sand. Route stays north of Hwy 4 and with the exception of lunch in Baker, stays in Blackwater Forest. Don't expect anyone with a bike like this to need fuel but sillier things have happened. So, there is fuel at the far west on Hwy 87, at farthest southeastern point and also at the north eastern corner of route.

Ride will cross the following river and creeks at several locations, Blackwater River, Coldwater, Juniper, Sweetwater Creeks. Will also cross many of the smaller ones like, Goodson, Dixon, Long Branch, Lewis Branch, Turkey, Reedy, Deadfall, Mare, Rock and Panther Creeks. All of these are crossed via bridges, except one. Yes, we will ride through one of the creeks, not to worry though, it has a rock bottom. Was about 8" deep when I went thru today. I'll be glad to take pictures if any of the "hot dogs" wanna wheelie through the water crossing.

There will also be a similar route to this one that is much more challenging for the more experienced guys with a big one. Let me rephrase. For the guys with a big bike. (Dr Z is saying right now, "Uh huh, I got's a big one, thas rite)

Anyway, that's my update for now, track has been sent to Maestro for final approval.

He's really conservative, so don't mention the part about ride'n a wheelie thru the creek crossing.

Old 08-19-2014, 06:38 PM   #105
Madhouse
Semi-Goodlookin!

Oddometer: 3,170
Hurrah!!

Pm sent OG.