ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-18-2014, 04:02 PM   #31
4play
Next?
 
4play's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Avondale, AZ
Oddometer: 2,381
How many victims?
__________________
Seabee1 "Cute like baby rabbits"
4play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 06:12 PM   #32
Yardstick
Hydrophobic
 
Yardstick's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Oddometer: 2,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reidy008 View Post
Ok guys and girls or Blokes and Shiela's if your from my side of the world. A plan is now set in motion. The Mill at Crown King is going to Stay open for us late so we can head north and get out of the heat quickly. The meet up spot will be The White Horse Saloon on Lake Pleasant with kick stands up at 7.30. We will head up the back way to CK and hope to arrive by no later than 10pm. After we eat the route will be down Wagner and out to 89, on to Yarnell and down the back way via dirt to Wickenberg North where we will take the cut across to Constilation rd and then out to Buckhorn Wash to Lake Pleasant and back to The White Horse.

We would love to see as many people as possible at The Mill so for those who are interested in riding up the front way to CK and meeting us feel free to do so. After dinner it is up to everyone to feel free and decide which way you want to go.

Lets ride
I'm a sick puppy... I saw "down Wagoner" and started imagining going down Wagoner Trail (Post 1 & 17-22 here and also post 9-11 in this RR) in the dark. And I got excited about that.
Yardstick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 06:54 PM   #33
fanatic291
Desert Tortoise
 
fanatic291's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Location: Mesa, by Usery
Oddometer: 590
I am interested, but don't want to hold anyone up. Julio can say if I would be okay. I have stock lights on the DR, so I would bring my Night Vision goggles and my "Panic Glasses".
fanatic291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 07:23 PM   #34
Reidy008 OP
I,m in if we go fast
 
Reidy008's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Peoria, AZ
Oddometer: 2,021
Wagner trail

Oh man I would be up for trying the Wagner Trail your talking about at night but not on this trip. Trying to not kill anyone this trip.
Reidy008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 07:29 PM   #35
cyberdos
Easy Bonus Loop
 
cyberdos's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Queen Creek, AZ
Oddometer: 24,488
Hey man, no crazy shit you sick fuckers.

This is a night ride. You know, where you can't see anything, like, cliffs n' stuff?

bastids!

we're gonna die, aren't we.
__________________
...
Presione dos para español.
cyberdos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 08:15 PM   #36
Yardstick
Hydrophobic
 
Yardstick's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Oddometer: 2,931
We definitely don't need to go that way in the dark. I'd like to try some technical riding at night, but not on this trip.
Yardstick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 08:26 PM   #37
Reidy008 OP
I,m in if we go fast
 
Reidy008's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Peoria, AZ
Oddometer: 2,021
Agreed

I am up for it when you are but agreed this ride will be kept to the B type trails mostly...
Reidy008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:47 PM   #38
verboten
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2014
Location: Phoenix
Oddometer: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdos View Post
This is a night ride. You know, where you can't see anything, like, cliffs n'
Sometimes it better if you don't see the stuff. I close my eyes just for that reason :)

Wish I could join you guys. Stuck riding in Montana this week :)
verboten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:50 PM   #39
Slowred
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Arizona
Oddometer: 634
Wagner Trail in the dark!!!!!

To paraphrase a past Cyberdos'ism, "Youse guys are nucking futz"

Is it too late for an intervention?
Slowred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:55 PM   #40
Reidy008 OP
I,m in if we go fast
 
Reidy008's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Peoria, AZ
Oddometer: 2,021
Wagner Trail

This Saturdays ride will not include the piece of Wagner that you and Yardstick are referring to. But if you guys are up for it another night I would be in with you.
Reidy008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:08 PM   #41
cyberdos
Easy Bonus Loop
 
cyberdos's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Queen Creek, AZ
Oddometer: 24,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reidy008 View Post
Ok guys and girls or Blokes and Shiela's if your from my side of the world. A plan is now set in motion. The Mill at Crown King is going to Stay open for us late so we can head north and get out of the heat quickly. The meet up spot will be The White Horse Saloon on Lake Pleasant with kick stands up at 7.30. We will head up the back way to CK and hope to arrive by no later than 10pm. After we eat the route will be down Wagner and out to 89, on to Yarnell and down the back way via dirt to Wickenberg North where we will take the cut across to Constilation rd and then out to Buckhorn Wash to Lake Pleasant and back to The White Horse.

That looks something like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reidy008 View Post
We would love to see as many people as possible at The Mill so for those who are interested in riding up the front way to CK and meeting us feel free to do so. After dinner it is up to everyone to feel free and decide which way you want to go.

Lets ride
I'll probably want to head out the easy way from dinner. I want to make it home before sunrise. My route will look like this.
__________________
...
Presione dos para español.
cyberdos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 09:56 AM   #42
Reidy008 OP
I,m in if we go fast
 
Reidy008's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Peoria, AZ
Oddometer: 2,021
Holy cow

Ok now the rains are going to make this a no dust and extremely fun trip for us...
Reidy008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 10:33 AM   #43
cyberdos
Easy Bonus Loop
 
cyberdos's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Queen Creek, AZ
Oddometer: 24,488
Define fun.

I'm still on the fence about which way to head back home. I suppose it will be a judgement call once we're up at the Mil. Is the rest of that route after that stop easy? I don't remember having ridden through there. Was that stuff that time we rode you and I alone that we kept on finding closed gates?
__________________
...
Presione dos para español.
cyberdos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 11:03 AM   #44
fanatic291
Desert Tortoise
 
fanatic291's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Location: Mesa, by Usery
Oddometer: 590
DurtKlod just posted that I17 is closed due to flooding. Bring your mud tires on Saturday. I think I will sit the big ride out and get a few more day rides under my belt.

Cyberdos was saying that meeting you guys at The Mill might be fun.

What time would you guys plan on showing up?
fanatic291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 11:51 AM   #45
Reidy008 OP
I,m in if we go fast
 
Reidy008's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Peoria, AZ
Oddometer: 2,021
Answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdos View Post
Define fun.

I'm still on the fence about which way to head back home. I suppose it will be a judgement call once we're up at the Mil. Is the rest of that route after that stop easy? I don't remember having ridden through there. Was that stuff that time we rode you and I alone that we kept on finding closed gates?
No the route back will be longer but overall easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanatic291 View Post
DurtKlod just posted that I17 is closed due to flooding. Bring your mud tires on Saturday. I think I will sit the big ride out and get a few more day rides under my belt.

Cyberdos was saying that meeting you guys at The Mill might be fun.

What time would you guys plan on showing up?
We will be there round 9.30pm. Lots of fun ways to get yo CK so come up and join us.
Reidy008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014