User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2014, 01:41 AM   #16
Kokopelli
Yeah, right!

Oddometer: 4,603
Yep, a lot of us have been there, but if you don't tell it never happened
After a while you forget about it yourself. Until the next time...
Kokopelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 10:55 PM   #17
young1
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 719
You know the rules? Photos or it never happened!

(Glad you stayed upright)

M
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the things you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds. Explore. Dream. Discover.H Jackson Brown
Europe trip 2014 http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=971014
young1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 12:50 AM   #18
Te Hopo
AKA Deanohit

Oddometer: 1,165
Hahaha I've had the same thing happen while on my brothers brand new Hyosung GT650, right down to the blip of the throttle cackling out the Ixil pipe.
Thankfully I was more sensible in my acceleration away

At least you got away mate with only a lil bit of hurt ego
Te Hopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 02:10 AM   #19
tri boy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 722
God didn't punish you for being impatient.
It was because you were loitering in Shannon. (the town, not the bloke
Old 08-17-2014, 03:56 AM   #20
Mark_S OP
Fair Weather Faggot

Oddometer: 1,751
You should all be pleased to know that I made a real effort to not ride like a twat today - no giving people the finger or baby kicking etc.

I still managed to enjoy myself (except when I ran off the road...) and I got 10% better mileage as well.

I am reformed...

Mark_S screwed with this post 08-17-2014 at 04:01 PM
Mark_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 06:12 PM   #21
Oscar
Assburger

Oddometer: 16,290
I came hooning up the National Park BP one day, only to find some dork in a Hi Ace mini bus had stopped at the first bowser (instead of moving up to the last one on that side). I gave the 950 a handful and shot up the right hand side, aiming to go between the van and the wall of the BP to get to the end.

I so busy glaring at the dork, that I completely forgot about the givi bags on the back of the 950. The one on the right hit the nerf bar on the corner of the Toyota and propelled me sideways so that the bag on the left hit the pole that supports the corner of the building. This caused me to wobble past the Toyota, arms and legs akimbo, at which point I decided that I should probably get gas at Ohakune, changed down and buggered off...

“Common sense and a sense of humor are the same thing, moving at different speeds. A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing.”

Clive James
Oscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 06:15 PM   #22
Oscar
Assburger

Oddometer: 16,290
And then there was the time I stopped at a red light only to find that the leg of my (flared) jeans was over the kickstarter of my RD400.

As I gracefully toppled over, I remember wondering why my right leg was suddenly glued to the footpeg...

“Common sense and a sense of humor are the same thing, moving at different speeds. A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing.”

Clive James
Oscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 07:05 PM   #23
Night Falcon
Adventure NZL

Oddometer: 1,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
And then there was the time I stopped at a red light only to find that the leg of my (flared) jeans was over the kickstarter of my RD400.

As I gracefully toppled over, I remember wondering why my right leg was suddenly glued to the footpeg...
saw a bloke pull up at an intersection and put his foot down into stormwater sump - slow motion tip over. Thought he might of broken an ankle but he was fine, so didn't feel too ashamed about laughing like a loon at his misfortune, to be fair, it was funny azzz to watch
Old 08-18-2014, 02:30 AM   #24
Padmei
enamoured

Oddometer: 3,569
I used to start me trusty DT175 (kickstarts were made of balsa) by running a few steps jumping on side saddle then nonchalantly swinging my leg over on the move as I rode off looking gloriously cool. Until the day I fell backwards right over the side of the bike while rolling down the carpark at the Pakuranga mall.
Geez i wish I could have seen it from another angle
Padmei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 03:19 AM   #25
bart-nz
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
You should all be pleased to know that I made a real effort to not ride like a twat today - no giving people the finger or baby kicking etc.

I still managed to enjoy myself (except when I ran off the road...) and I got 10% better mileage as well.

I am reformed...
What, you're not going to do any more silly shit? Nah...you just can't help yourself.

bart-nz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 03:43 AM   #26
swarfie
Classic S/Car Racer

Oddometer: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar View Post

When I was a teenager (yeah 40 years ago) my old man and I were trail riding and we came up to a main road crossing and he was wearing an old pair of traffic cop boots he'd bought at Valentines. They had like a steel horseshoe thing on the bottom of the heel and it had got bent down through the footpeg. He couldn't put his foot down and just toppled over on his side just as a bus load of Japanese tourists went past. Don't know who was laughing the most, me or them
swarfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 03:51 AM   #27
Simonhantler
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 250
reminds me of when i went thru border of pakistan and iran and after the usual crap at those borders, booted it off down the road and a cars coming straight at me, we get closer and hes still coming straight at me until i get about 10m away and he heads for the sand and so do i, both in different directions. i thought you fucken areshole as i was pissed off with asia drivers by then and i turned and chased him down and looked at him thru the window and i could see by the look on his face he really did think alah was here to take him to the promised land. i stopped and thought to myself why did he look so scared if he was being an arshole, and then i realized who the real fuckwitt was. ME
i was going full noise at him on the wrong side of the road. i laughed my asre off for miles.
Simonhantler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 05:43 PM   #28
ER-NZ
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Count your blessings, I thought the story was going end with your wheelie dropping into the side of his car.
ER-NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 06:36 PM   #29
Hobbyhorse
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
A little while back I was stopped at one of those police check points and the cop asked to see my licence. As a prelude to doing the Velcro pocket shuffle I took my helmet off and lent down to put it on the ground when my left foot slipped in the gravel on the side of the road and the bike and I slowly rolled over and lay at the cop's feet .... somewhat embarrassing!!
Hobbyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote