ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2014, 08:22 AM   #1
der_saeufer OP
?איפה בירה

Oddometer: 548
Hey all--

I just got a new job (not at Boeing, but still close to the airport) and moved to Charleston! So far this place is pretty awesome, though the amount it can rain in a short period of time is amazing to this midwesterner.

I found the "new to ADV in SC" thread, which is pretty great, but was wondering if any of the local FFs have any suggestions for cool rides around here, etc.

And, from the "yeah, I know ADV is not Craigslist" dept, if anyone has any suggestions on places to live, I'd love those. What I really want is a smallish house with a garage and a backyard, but it seems like a lot of those around here are not in the greatest areas. Park Circle is bicycling distance from work and seems pretty nice, so I'm focusing on there but could certainly use any other suggestions you FFs have.

I grabbed my first tag the other day and am planning on crashing the next ADVdinner when it happens, so I'll see you then.
der_saeufer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 07:46 PM   #2
ob1quixote
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 439
Well, we have the Wambaw trails for your off road, tons of dirt roads surrounding them in the Francis Marion forest. Do a search for the HOCAT, an ADV route not far away.

You can check out www.carolinadualsporters.com for organized dual sports, and some other events to spice it up a bit.
ob1quixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 05:19 PM   #3
kalonji
nihilism or nothing

Oddometer: 1,885
Here's an upcoming ride.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...9#post25137259
kalonji is online now   Reply With Quote